An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trying To Come Back And Reconciliation?

Kaeldra

I have been semi away from the church for about three and a half years. I still go to mass every sunday but I stopped receiving the sacraments because well for a long time I really didn't believe in it at all. Now I have somewhat more faith, though it's still fairly shaky.
I'm trying to come back to the church before my fiancee and I get married. He is about on the same ground as I am, and we both care a lot about our faith but neither of us are currently receiving the sacraments.
The biggest hurdle I have is trying to go to confession, partially because I feel bad I haven't been in so long etc, but partially because there are quite a few things that I still don't really agree with the church on and have a very hard time feeling any contrition. I feel that if I went to confession and wasn't contrite then I would still not be in the state of grace and therefore would still be unable to receive the Eucharist. Any advice? Am I wrong, should I just muster what little faith I have and go to confession and try to be as penitent as possible?
I know I didn't frame that question well at all, but I'm tired and loopy. This has been something I've struggled with for months now, and I was just hoping maybe someone could help me figure it out.

Thy Geekdom Come

There are really too many different considerations to make here and to many assumptions I would have to make even to begin discussions. I recommend going to a good priest, with your fiance, and working through some of these issues on a personal basis.

God bless,

Micah