An Old School Catholic Message Board

For My Safety

tinytherese

tinytherese

As some of you know, my dad has been sexually harassing me. I've been volunteering for this one organization this summer and when I'm done working there for the day my grandparents who live in town pick me up and take me to their house and my brother and I wait for our mom to come pick us up to take us home. My dad could pick me up since he is a teacher that is hanging around home waiting for the new school year to begin but considering that I'd be putting myself in a risky situation, it wouldn't be wise for me to ask him for a ride home and mom works later than I do. I feel safer in my home when I am not alone in the house with him.

Well I just found out today that my grandparents will be away next week and that means that my dad will have to pick me up from volunteering. My little brother will be home with my dad but I'm not as safe that way. I'll be glad when this summer is over and I'll go away to my new school in another state where I'll go through counseling for what he has put me through. I have to be careful around him. He may be doing this just to tick me off but I can't count on that. Thankfully it hasn't escalated...yet.