An Old School Catholic Message Board

What

txdinghysailor

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1944807' date='Aug 9 2009, 10:01 PM']You should just join the Coast Guard, then you get to shoot guns and ride in boats and jump waves in the middle of the ocean. :D[/quote]
They won't let me in because of medical issues. Plus, Foreign Service is so much cooler. Just sayin'.

txdinghysailor

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1944808' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:02 PM']I've been down to that same monastery. It's a pretty awesome place.[/quote]

Yeah it's cool. Never a place I would join if by some random, odd, one in a gazillion chance God called me to religious life, but I got a heckuva lot of holy vibes from that place. :)

[quote name='rachael' post='1944810' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:03 PM']They won't let me in because of medical issues. Plus, Foreign Service is so much cooler. Just sayin'.[/quote]

That just smells of elderberries... Foreign Service may be "cooler", but the Coast Guard is way more BA. :D

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1944813' date='Aug 9 2009, 09:05 PM']Yeah it's cool. Never a place I would join if by some random, odd, one in a gazillion chance God called me to religious life, but I got a heckuva lot of holy vibes from that place. :)[/quote]

That is actually the monastery that I would probably join if I were called to monastic life.

txdinghysailor

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1944814' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:05 PM']That is actually the monastery that I would probably join if I were called to monastic life.[/quote]

Wow. :o You must be some kinda holy dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1944813' date='Aug 9 2009, 09:05 PM']That just smells of elderberries... Foreign Service may be "cooler", but the Coast Guard is way more BA. :D[/quote]
At least I'd never get a speeding ticket. :evil:

txdinghysailor

[quote name='rachael' post='1944818' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:08 PM']At least I'd never get a speeding ticket. :evil:[/quote]

So just out of curiosity, do you want to go to Somalia with me?

txdinghysailor

[quote name='rachael' post='1944822' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:12 PM']Only if you buy me the ticket.[/quote]

Alright, but I can only afford a one way ticket. ;)

1. see the world. particularly south america, australia, and asia.

2. parachute( even through my dad had to have rist surgery after breaking his rist 4 times in airborn)

3. own an SKS(greatest gun model ever)

4. avoid office jobs

txdinghysailor

[quote name='pat22' post='1944825' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:13 PM']4. avoid office jobs[/quote]

Good on ye mate!

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1944823' date='Aug 9 2009, 09:12 PM']Alright, but I can only afford a one way ticket. ;)[/quote]
I'm there.

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1944816' date='Aug 9 2009, 09:06 PM']Wow. :o You must be some kinda holy dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I wish.

txdinghysailor

[quote name='rachael' post='1944828' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:16 PM']I'm there.[/quote]

wow. did you see my earlier thread on this? It's got the itinerary...

txdinghysailor

[quote name='rachael' post='1944833' date='Aug 9 2009, 11:20 PM']No, why? :unsure:[/quote]

It has the itinerary.

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=97310"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=97310[/url]

Edited by txdinghysailor