An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Can You Tell A Girly Drink From A Manly One?

Nihil Obstat

Nihil Obstat

Today I [b]luckily was[/b] informed that mojitos and paralyzers are indeed girl drinks. This made me sad because they sound very tasty.
In the end it's fine though, because I'd rather try a 'Captain Jack" which is Jack Daniels, Captain Morgan, and root beer (or was it coke...?).

So my question to you, the largely adult population of the Lame Board is, how does one tell a girly drink from a manly one? Is there criteria, or just an arbitrary list?

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945854' date='Aug 10 2009, 10:16 PM']Today I [b]luckily was[/b] informed that mojitos and paralyzers are indeed girl drinks. This made me sad because they sound very tasty.
In the end it's fine though, because I'd rather try a 'Captain Jack" which is Jack Daniels, Captain Morgan, and root beer (or was it coke...?).

So my question to you, the largely adult population of the Lame Board is, how does one tell a girly drink from a manly one? Is there criteria, or just an arbitrary list?[/quote]

If I drink it then [i]ipso facto[/i] it is a manly drink.

An uber manly drink at that ^_^

The sweeter a drink is, the more girly it is.

Manly:

Scotch--straight up, on the rocks, or with soda
Manhattans
Martinis
and the like

Nihil Obstat

Manhattan is manly? Good. I was worried after hearing that it was on Sex and the City.

So does the sweetness of a carbonated beverage like coke have anything to do with it? I had Jack and Coke on the birthday and loved it, but the Coke itself is pretty sweet.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945869' date='Aug 10 2009, 09:27 PM']So does the sweetness of a carbonated beverage like coke have anything to do with it? I had Jack and Coke on the birthday and loved it, but the Coke itself is pretty sweet.[/quote]

Rum and Cokes/Jack and Cokes/etc. are a gray area. While they are sweet, they aren't really girly, per se. Stick with Jack, straight up.

(Or better yet, a three wisemen: Jack, Johnny Walker, and Jim Beam)

Nihil Obstat

I don't enjoy it quite as much straight up yet. :P I sorta have to force it down to look manly.
Hopefully starting slowly, I'll actually appreciate it eventually.

So how about cream liqueurs, like Bailey's?

Nihil Obstat

I also want to try James Bond martinis, and like you mentioned above, the Manhattan.
I'm sure it'll rip my sinuses out. :P

I read about the 'classic' Prairie Fire. One part tabasco, one part 190 proof Everclear, which is illegal in fifteen of your states, and all but unavailable for people to buy everywhere in North America except Alberta.
I can't decide which half is grosser. :P

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945883' date='Aug 10 2009, 09:35 PM']So how about cream liqueurs, like Bailey's?[/quote]

In your coffee, they're fine. But don't count them as a "drink".

[quote name='Hassan' post='1945887' date='Aug 10 2009, 10:37 PM']I had Absinthe once.

Strong stuff :mellow:[/quote]
i love absinthe. :love: