An Old School Catholic Message Board

10 Thoughts From A Rabbi

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1946169' date='Aug 11 2009, 11:40 AM']Jesus indeed became powerless.[/quote]
I'm not sure I agree that Our Lord became powerless. He eschewed worldly power, certainly. But I think he did so in order to show us that the Cross is the true power. To embrace the Cross is not to become powerless, but to exercise true power.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1946406' date='Aug 11 2009, 04:14 PM']From reading his books the best answer I've ever gotten was that the Church is his home. He was raised in it and it formed much of his life. He feels comftorable there and doesn't want to go somewhere else.[/quote]

I guess I can understand that.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1946451' date='Aug 11 2009, 06:45 PM']I guess I can understand that.[/quote]

Me too. I mean you lose a sense of community.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Era Might' post='1946431' date='Aug 11 2009, 06:57 PM']I'm not sure I agree that Our Lord became powerless. He eschewed worldly power, certainly. But I think he did so in order to show us that the Cross is the true power. To embrace the Cross is not to become powerless, but to exercise true power.[/quote]

Yes, two different ways to viewing the same event. Slaves are made free; free people become slaves, etc.

Lounge Daddy

This Rabbi doesn't believe in a personal God. He subscribes to "panentheism" -- he sees God as "living reality." He also finds it sad when people find their religion to be so right, they condemn every other religion as flat wrong.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Hassan' date='11 August 2009 - 12:18 PM' timestamp='1250007516' post='1946152']
I'd agree with a lot of that. Don't know why he's a Rabbi though.
[/quote]

[url="http://rabbirami.blogspot.com/2009/08/whats-next.html"]He actually answered that question[/url]just recently.