Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

[u][/u]

Edited by Hassan
Fidei Defensor
Posted

[quote name='Hassan' post='1948262' date='Aug 13 2009, 04:47 PM'][u][/u][/quote]
Exactly.

InHisLove726
Posted (edited)
:boink:







:rolleyes: Edited by InHisLove726
Posted

The nothingness. It BURNS!

Posted

[quote name='Selah' post='1948413' date='Aug 13 2009, 09:36 PM']The nothingness. It BURNS![/quote]

It isn't nothingness.

It is an invisible underline.

Posted

hush! Stop pointing out the obvious! >:(

:P

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Selah' post='1948417' date='Aug 13 2009, 09:55 PM']hush! Stop pointing out the obvious! >:(

:P[/quote]

Forgive him. He's unable to cope with the radical implications of his human freedom and thus seeking metaphysical explanations to reintroduce external structure into his life.



:french:

Edited by Hassan
Aloysius_bear
Posted

[quote name='Hassan' post='1948432' date='Aug 13 2009, 11:32 PM']Forgive him. He's unable to cope with the radical implications of his human freedom and thus seeking metaphysical explanations to reintroduce external structure into his life.



:french:[/quote]

At any street corner, the feeling of absurdity can strike any man in the face. ~ Albert Camus

...watch out everyone!

Posted

[quote name='Aloysius_bear' post='1948470' date='Aug 14 2009, 12:13 AM']At any street corner, the feeling of absurdity can strike any man in the face. ~ Albert Camus

...watch out everyone![/quote]


:o





















I good friend of mine was truly the most brilliant human being I've ever met. She was also an atheist and spoke fluent French. I once mentioned I was reading The Myth of Sisyphus. About a week later she asked me how it was going. I said I got half way through and couldn't muster the will to continue. Her reply was "You're smarter then me. I read the whole book" :P





Only true if intelligence is tested by your ability to know when an author doesn't really have anything to say.

Posted

Knowing when to hold your voice shows intelligence.

Aloysius_bear
Posted

[quote name='Hassan' post='1948480' date='Aug 14 2009, 12:19 AM']Only true if intelligence is tested by your ability to know when an author doesn't really have anything to say.[/quote]

hahaha very true. Though I do have to point out, all existentialism isn't necessarily as radical or atheistic as that of Sartre or of what we think of as typical French modernist thought.

Posted

[quote name='Aloysius_bear' post='1948615' date='Aug 14 2009, 03:08 AM']hahaha very true. Though I do have to point out, all existentialism isn't necessarily as radical or atheistic as that of Sartre or of what we think of as typical French modernist thought.[/quote]


Of course.



I'm not Francophobic, but I can't make heads or tails of modern French thought.


I think it all went down hill after Descartes and Voltaire. After their time the only French thinker I can even really understand is Foucault. The rest seem to be speaking gibberish.

Posted

Pascal was the best post-scholastic French philosopher. :yes:

Posted

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1948625' date='Aug 14 2009, 04:00 AM']Pascal was the best post-scholastic French philosopher. :yes:[/quote]


I should have included him.

Posted

this thread has done nothing. it is nothing.





wow, that sounds like Rexi's love life.

Aloysius_bear
Posted

[quote name='Hassan' post='1948616' date='Aug 14 2009, 03:20 AM']Of course.



I'm not Francophobic, but I can't make heads or tails of modern French thought.[/quote]

I have a tendency to stick up for things I like but know very little about :rolleyes:


Right now I'm just at the point where I see a movie or read a novel and think, wow how cool/strange/unnerving. That was very.....existential. I'm excited about studying it in more depth.

InHisLove726
Posted

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1948653' date='Aug 14 2009, 07:23 AM']this thread has done nothing. it is nothing.





wow, that sounds like Rexi's love life.[/quote]



:mellow:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...