An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Am So Angry Right Now...

Selah

I just got done reading a blog where a woman went on to call children "burdens" and "useless" and how she was thankful she didn't have to deal with those "little brats" in her home.

My God. What the heck is wrong with our society? Have we gone down so low that the ones who need our love the most are discarded? How selfish! Children all over the world suffer daily, many are dying. Children are unwanted and have no parents, and the ones that do, many times the parents don't give a beaver dam. It just breaks my heart that anyone could see children, our future in this life.

I'm starting to understand the church's hatred for birth control and planned parenthood. Seriously: burdens? Useless? What on earth is wrong with this world?

K, I'm done. :sadder:

It's a world strongly influenced by convenience. Anything deemed inconvenient, i.e. preventing me from doing whatever I want, is a burden and useless. :(

I know what you mean. I remember seeing a movie trailer years ago where a character exclaimed, "You have two kids. Man, you're life is over."

And recently on The George Lopez Show a character found out that she was pregnant and her husband was complaining about how awful his life would be with another kids and she exclaimed, "You? Just think about what's going to happen to MY BODY!" :rolleyes:

It's selfishness! It's downright selfishness! To say that a beautiful, innocent child, who needs loved and cared for, is nothing. >:(

The sad thing is that they think their lives of convenience will make them happy, but in reality, they're rejecting the true joys that come with a life of sacrificial, self-giving love towards their spouse, and their children...

:sadder:

This must make Jesus so sad. We reject his gifts for silly conveniences and pleasures that don't last and just make us unhappy in the end. And then we blame him for the fact that we're unhappy...

[quote]And recently on The George Lopez Show a character found out that she was pregnant and her husband was complaining about how awful his life would be with another kids and she exclaimed, "You? Just think about what's going to happen to MY BODY!"[/quote]

:rolleyes: Oh, poor her.

[quote name='Selah' post='1948377' date='Aug 13 2009, 09:06 PM']I just got done reading a blog where a woman went on to call children "burdens" and "useless" and how she was thankful she didn't have to deal with those "little brats" in her home.

My God. What the heck is wrong with our society? Have we gone down so low that the ones who need our love the most are discarded? How selfish! Children all over the world suffer daily, many are dying. Children are unwanted and have no parents, and the ones that do, many times the parents don't give a beaver dam. It just breaks my heart that anyone could see children, our future in this life.

I'm starting to understand the church's hatred for birth control and planned parenthood. Seriously: burdens? Useless? What on earth is wrong with this world?

K, I'm done. :sadder:[/quote]

Sadly there are many children whose prayers would be answered if their parents were simply neglectful.

Selah. If you are so concerned why not do some work with abused children.

Your can spontaneous, silly and creative enough that a lot of them-particularly the younger ones-would probably enjoy your presence and you might help mend the hole in their souls.

I think you, along with MIKolbe and CMom, live in Pittsburgh. Although I'm not sure about you, I may be thinking of someone else. If so look at these people.

[url="http://www.hfi-pgh.org/"]http://www.hfi-pgh.org/[/url]

I've done work with them and have always been impressed with the level of care they give to the kids and genuine effort they make to help them rebuild their lives. It's good for them to have younger people around to hang out with them.

Not to mention they have a pool :mellow:

Edited by Hassan

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Hassan' post='1948560' date='Aug 14 2009, 06:14 AM']Sadly there are many children whose prayers would be answered if their parents were simply neglectful.

Selah. If you are so concerned why not do some work with abused children.

Your can spontaneous, silly and creative enough that a lot of them-particularly the younger ones-would probably enjoy your presence and you might help mend the hole in their souls.

I think you, along with MIKolbe and CMom, live in Pittsburgh. Although I'm not sure about you, I may be thinking of someone else. If so look at these people.

[url="http://www.hfi-pgh.org/"]http://www.hfi-pgh.org/[/url]

I've done work with them and have always been impressed with the level of care they give to the kids and genuine effort they make to help them rebuild their lives. It's good for them to have younger people around to hang out with them.

Not to mention they have a pool :mellow:[/quote]
Good suggestion.