An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pet Peeves

XIX

My pet peeves were being poked in several different places while I was on a sugar low.

1) People dominating conversation with each other to such an extent that everybody else in the "conversational circle" is completely shut out. Sheesh, at least acknowledge someone else's existence while you're in your vortex of chattiness.

2) Some yoink saying "You think eating ten cheezburgers is a lot? That's nothing! I eated 37 cheezburgers last nite! Choump!!!" It does grind my gears when people try to belittle other peoples' accomplishments or sufferings by one-up-ing them.
Clearly, the fact that I'm talking with someone who eated 37 cheezburgers magically turns 10 cheezburgers into a mid-morning snack. choump <_<

3) Not really a pet peeve, but some of the announcements after my prayer group tonight got to me. One about bringing a friend, because I've been thinking very hard about how to invite my sister to the prayer group--she doesn't really go to church. Then they mentioned something about showing up on time to a particular event, and because I think too much, I thought about the fact that I showed up an hour late tonight. For some reason that all bothered me.

I also had low blood sugar after going for a run and not eating a ton for dinner. Plus I probably crashed from that bowl of ice cream. Not an ideal combo. Fortunately I didn't snap or anything.

Lame board because this post is just self-talking about selfedness, and low blood sugar is lame.

wooooooooooooooooooooooo

[quote name='rachael' post='1949449' date='Aug 15 2009, 02:28 AM']I really hate it when people bite their nails/pick their cuticles. :twitch:[/quote]

You would hate to be around me.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1949453' date='Aug 15 2009, 02:45 AM']You would hate to be around me.[/quote]
:censored:

VeniteAdoremus

I bite nails as well :(

I HATE it when people say "Oh! The convent! Yes, I've been thinking about doing that myself. I love gardening/the quiet/meditation."

They tend to be non-Catholics.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1949475' date='Aug 15 2009, 03:46 AM']I bite nails as well :(

I HATE it when people say "Oh! The convent! Yes, I've been thinking about doing that myself. I love gardening/the quiet/meditation."

[b]They tend to be non-Catholics.[/b][/quote]

:unsure:

InHisLove726

People acting as though their cell phones are glued to their ears. Especially when they are driving... :annoyed:

People who drive slow in the fast lane.

People who don't put their blinker on when they are going to turn, like everyone is supposed to know what they are doing... <_<

Geez, I just noticed that all my pet peeves include driving somehow. I can't wait to go to the convent where I don't have to drive again, unless it's an emergency... :rolleyes:

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1949479' date='Aug 15 2009, 04:53 AM']People acting as though their cell phones are glued to their ears. Especially when they are driving... :annoyed:[/quote]
:yes:

When we're out somewhere and my parents are rudely talking on their cellphones like no one else is around, I've been known to come up and start talking to the person too, or even grab the phone (they aren't business calls if we are out somewhere). Neither of them of yet to get mad at me. :mellow:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='XIX' post='1949431' date='Aug 15 2009, 02:56 AM']I also had low blood sugar after going for a run and not eating a ton for dinner.[/quote]
You should have eated 37 cheezburgers, instead of the measily 10. :mellow:

Nihil Obstat

Malapropisms out of sheer ignorance really get to me. They really shouldn't, but I guess that's why it's a pet peeve.
For instance (and a Phatmasser has said this, but I don't remember who, and I promise I'm not trying to offend you!!!) said "for all intense and purposes. No. :P Just no, please.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1949547' date='Aug 15 2009, 09:55 AM']You should have eated 37 cheezburgers, instead of the measily 10. :mellow:[/quote]
fightin' words

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1949550' date='Aug 15 2009, 11:03 AM']Malapropisms out of sheer ignorance really get to me. They really shouldn't, but I guess that's why it's a pet peeve.
For instance (and a Phatmasser has said this, but I don't remember who, and I promise I'm not trying to offend you!!!) said "for all intense and purposes. No. :P Just no, please.[/quote]
Your post made me laugh to hard that I bashed my twinkie finger against the desk.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1949547' date='Aug 15 2009, 10:55 AM']You should have eated 37 cheezburgers, instead of the measily 10. :mellow:[/quote]
I teh sorriez. I no has 37 cheezburgers.