An Old School Catholic Message Board

Question About Nephew

Old_Joe

VeniteAdoremus

As a non-practising vegetarian I have trouble with certain kinds of meat. I'll try a little bit... unless it's seafood, I don't think I can ever grow to like that. And I used to be allergic to the strangest things (strawberries, for crying out loud). I grew over all my food allergies, fortunately, and I will even eat broccoli. For the good of the souls in purgatory ;)

My godson, however, is a shame to his country and culture, because he doesn't like Dutch pancakes. I have no idea how to fix that.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' date='18 August 2009 - 06:07 AM' timestamp='1250586461' post='1951785']

My godson, however, is a shame to his country and culture, because he doesn't like Dutch pancakes. I have no idea how to fix that.
[/quote]
:blink:

My kids are making up for him. They love it.

[quote name='Lil Red' date='16 August 2009 - 10:11 PM' timestamp='1250475104' post='1950856']
+J.M.J.+
tell him "x" is what you are serving for dinner. if she or he doesn't like it, they are welcome to go to the grocery store
[/quote]
:yes:

Groo the Wanderer

Cook what you want. If they don't eat it - tough. If they whine - beat them. If your sis whines or protests - beat her...twice.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='18 August 2009 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1250613766' post='1951905']
:blink:

My kids are making up for him. They love it.
[/quote]

Thanks, I'm much relieved :)

My former roommate's little boy is only 13 months and he already eats a pancake and a half. Considering that Dutch pancakes are as big as a dinner plate... yeah.

I blame godson's Portuguese ancestry :)

I forgot to mention one thing: he's hyperactive. He about threw a fit when I started putting toys away before dinner. I know that structured play can be helpful for hyperactive kids because it gives them something to focus on. anything else I can do?