An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Am A Heretic

the lumberjack

the lumberjack

for me, this is water off a duck's...ummm....you know.

I take no offense to his words, though they were meant to be offensive...

I don't know everything, and thats part of the reason I'm here...to learn and build...and to impart knowledge as well.

I'm kinda proud he called me that anyway, cuz it means that I'm presenting my faith pretty strongly...either that, or he just gets riled up easy... :unsure: ...which I hope is not the case.

I do love you guys, and want to know fully where you come from, and what it is that you believe...but until you give me what [b]I[/b] need, I'm gonna fight tooth and nail with the truth I know and search.

I may not always fall perfectly within the bounds of biblical teachings, but I'm turning to all the brothers and sisters I have in Christ to help me learn.

----------

on a separate note, Brother Adam, there IS succession in the sound, biblically strong and correct Christian church, and the pastors look very closely at who is taking over... and they are doing what they can to get out and correct all the brothers and sisters that err in doctrine, but unlike the days of the Apostles and early churches, its not as easy to get these brothers out to ALL the churches across the world.

theculturewarrior

I welcome you as a Christian brother. If you have any questions about the Church, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

shhh, we are safe heretics, the absolute worst thing they can do is lock out our accounts, burning us at the stake while attractive, to many of them here [honest, I started a thread on that one awhile ago ] can't be done unless they email the local parish to send out the Black Order to "get us" so never, ever, let them know what local Parish you live near...

Grin

theculturewarrior

Thousands, both protestant AND Catholic, died for their beliefs at the stake. And you have just insulted them all. I guess it takes a Catholic to respect the dead.

[quote name='the lumberjack' date='Apr 2 2004, 02:23 PM'] I don't know everything, and thats part of the reason I'm here...to learn and build...and to impart knowledge as well.

I do love you guys, and want to know fully where you come from, and what it is that you believe...but until you give me what [b]I[/b] need, I'm gonna fight tooth and nail with the truth I know and search.

I may not always fall perfectly within the bounds of biblical teachings, but I'm turning to all the brothers and sisters I have in Christ to help me learn.

----------

[/quote]
In all honesty, Lumberjack, these same lines have been used time and again by people who come here mocking our beliefs. I hope your search here is sincere, for it is in the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church alone that you will find the fullness of Truth.

[quote]on a separate note, Brother Adam, there IS succession in the sound, biblically strong and correct Christian church, and the pastors look very closely at who is taking over... and they are doing what they can to get out and correct all the brothers and sisters that err in doctrine, but unlike the days of the Apostles and early churches, its not as easy to get these brothers out to ALL the churches across the world.[/quote]
Lumberjack, do you know what "succession" is?
How do your pastors historically trace their lineage back to the apostles? All protestants trace their lineage back as far as Martin Luther, then their Catholic roots begin to show.
Only the Catholic Church can trace it's lineage, unbroken, all the way to the Apostles and to Christ Himself, Who founded the Catholic Church.
That is what "succession" means: That Christ called upon Peter to lead His Church, and when Peter died, the next leader (pope) succeeded him, and so on and so on, all the way to Pope John Paul II today, an unbroken line of Successors.

Bruce, you haven't changed a bit, I see. Still the smart ass...minus the smart, plus the pompous. You only come here to antagonize, and then you have the nerve to correct the phatMassers who went out evangelize en masse for their "bad form." -_- Have you ever shown "good form" yourself?

Pax Christi. <><

Edited by Anna

Jake Huether

Anna,

You say what everyone else wants to say, but doesn't.

We miss you very much!

Hope all is well. God bless you.

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Apr 2 2004, 01:25 PM'] Hi Anna. :)

lol. You know the saying. When the woman speaks, everyone listens :) [/quote]
[hijack]I step into debate for a moment, and BAM! Mamma Anna takes 'em down.

Good to see you darlin. :)[/hijack]

wow, i guess i've only been looking at the boards for a coupla days, so i haven't had a chance to get really annoyed with him . . . but . . . does bruce always take this kindof beating?

I mean, yeah he's annoying and a bit on the cocky side, but . . . he doesn't seem to be horribly out of line. heretical yes, but for a protestant that *is* the norm

hmmm . . . speaking of black order . . . anybody else here a DTS'er?

Hi guys!
I'm terribly busy--in fact, I shouldn't even be here!
But I do miss my pham! :wub:

Brother Adam, I spent time before the Blessed Sacrament today, and you came to mind during the third Sorrowful Mystery of the rosary (the Crowning with Thorns). I remembered you and Teresa to Our Lord, with love.

MagiDragon,
Welcome.
I've been away from phatMass for weeks now and am amazed that Bruce S hasn't run out of steam in his anti-Catholic ramblings.
He's been at it for months, even having been suspended for his bad behavior from time to time. He's not just a run of the mill, ordinary protestant, but an ex-Catholic who just can't stop looking back at what he left behind, and throwing stones at Her, grinning all the while he does so.
He says himself that he actually goes door to door prosletyzing his errors, much to the disappointment of his own mother.
His remarks often sadden and repulse me.
Obviously, by the comments above, they must have the same effect on other, long-timers here.
I apologize for my uncharitable remarks, true though I believe them to be. I don't mean to offend or scandalize newbies.

Pax Christi. <><

Edited by Anna

Good Friday

[quote][b]Anna writes:[/b]
Still the smart ass...minus the smart, plus the pompous.[/quote]
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: I'm sorry, Bruce, I mean no offense to you by laughing at this. I would very likely laugh if it was directed at anyone, because . . . it's just such a good line. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

[quote]wow, i guess i've only been looking at the boards for a coupla days, so i haven't had a chance to get really annoyed with him . . . but . . . does bruce always take this kindof beating?

I mean, yeah he's annoying and a bit on the cocky side, but . . . he doesn't seem to be horribly out of line. heretical yes, but for a protestant that *is* the norm
[/quote]

Actually, the "beatings" I have to endure have eased up, we have endured the Iron [Monk] Maiden, thumbscrews, a fiery branding or two, and they even made me stare at a Monstrance all day once, but for the most part, the hardest torture they impart is the DREADED document dumping. That is fearsome. If you ask one teensie little question, they bury you alive in translated Latin, and if you are claustrophobic, it can be frightening indeed being buried alive that way.

I'm that oddity, they can't figure out HOW any sane person could possibly be exposed to all this "wisdom" and still consider them ... grin .... well ... "wrong?" Shhh, the concept of an INFORMED Protestant, one who is perfectly comfortable with going to Mass [was there this morning, by the way ] watch EWTN, and horrors...ENJOY IT, and still think that the Catholic Church should LEARN some things or two from the Protestant side .. .doesn't compute, it induces Cognitive Dissonance in these lands.

[Truth be told, if you could endure being a Catholic in the 60's in gradeschool, come out sane, and not have a Perpetual dislike of Nuns, you can endure anything. These guys are PIKERS compared to Sister Mary Knucklerapper and her convent full of dispossed Hungarian refugee Nun's, the crew that tried to break my spirit for decades...grin, and failed.]

You just have to keep them honest, a hopeless task, but SOMEONE has to do it, so I have taken on as my "Lenten Pennance" ENDURING the taunts, the massive doc dumps, and the neverending arrogance.

Every now and then, before the rest of them pile on, a Catholic forgets to Lockstep, and engages in something resembling independent thought, for a brief flash of freedom, until the Jesuit trained potty poopers come down like Torqemada, there is a TINY opening for engagement. Doesn't happen often, but hey, COMING HOME, may just be another name to returning to Christianity, and not to a denomination...

There is always hope, isn't there?