An Old School Catholic Message Board

And Now: A Woman Pregnant With Twelve Babies

Lounge Daddy

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='19 August 2009 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1250705925' post='1952683']
i was actually being a little sarcastic. and i would much rather be scarred than dead. having 12 children die including their mother is hardly a light thing either.
[/quote]
No, it isn't a light matter. But I fail to see how killing some so that others may live is right. I pray that all of them survive.

[quote name='Archaeology cat' date='19 August 2009 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1250706465' post='1952690']
No, it isn't a light matter. But I fail to see how killing some so that others may live is right. I pray that all of them survive.
[/quote]

i dont mean to be callous, but we will see how well that works when most of them or all of them end up dead. there just isnt enough room for all of them, or really even half the number.

if they dont even make it to child birth, and the whole having 12 kids thing has become a "if you dont get rid of a couple of those, you and all your babies will die in the next ten minutes" sorta thing, what would be your course of action.

i know if i was her husband, the thought of being morally correct would absolutetly nothing, when looking back on how his wife and children all died.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='19 August 2009 - 05:39 PM' timestamp='1250717969' post='1952863']

i know if i was her husband, the thought of being morally correct would absolutetly nothing, when looking back on how his wife and children all died.
[/quote]

Very sad decision to be faced with. I don't think I could ever bear to make the decision to end the lives of some to increase the chance for others though. Honestly I guess I really don't know and I hope and pray I'm not presented with such a sad dilemma.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='19 August 2009 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1250717969' post='1952863']
i dont mean to be callous, but we will see how well that works when most of them or all of them end up dead. there just isnt enough room for all of them, or really even half the number.

if they dont even make it to child birth, and the whole having 12 kids thing has become a "if you dont get rid of a couple of those, you and all your babies will die in the next ten minutes" sorta thing, what would be your course of action.

[/quote]
Speaking as a mother, I would be incredibly sad and overcome with grief if I lost even one due to miscarriage. But there's no way I could choose to kill one of my children so that another could live.

But, thankfully, [url="http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=16885"]this was a hoax[/url], and so we do not have to worry about whether her children will live.

Nihil Obstat

Just to jump in after the fact, in a perfect world a Catholic would never be faced with the scenario of "abort some of the babies or they all die", because it's naturally impossible for humans to have a litter like this hoax indicated.
We're against things like that, remember. ;)