An Old School Catholic Message Board

2009 New Media Award Results: We Are Losers

dUSt

We got hammered.

4marks probably beat us because they use "phatmass.com" as a key word in their Google ads, hahaha.

http://www.catholicnewmediaawards.com/ballot_results

[b]Best Overall Catholic Website[/b]
1. What Does the Prayer Really Say?: 138
2. Eternal Word Television Network: 110
3. The Cukierski Family Apostolate: 84
4. American Papist: Not Your Average Catholic: 80
5. 4marks.com: 54
6. Catholic Answers - Forums and Groups: 51
7. Catholic.com: 46
[color="#FF0000"]8. Phatmass: 45[/color]

[b]Best Social Networking Site[/b]
1. 4marks.com: 141
2. Catholic.com: 73
3 (tie). Tweet Catholic: 71
[color="#FF0000"]3 (tie). Phatmass: 71[/color]

[b]Funniest Blog[/b]
1. American Papist: Not Your Average Catholic: 107
2. The Curt Jester: 103
3. What Does the Prayer Really Say?: 86
4. Creative Minority Report: 73
5. lolSaints: 54
6. Testosterhome: 34
7. Conversion Diary - The Diary of a Former Atheist: 33
[color="#FF0000"]8. The Phattest Loser: 25[/color]

I don't really care for WDTPRS, personally, I mean, usually I agree with him, I guess, but I don't really like his style. And the layout of his blog bugs me.

And Curt Jester is really not funny if you ask me. I was put off when I first looked at his blog and saw his remarks bashing American Papist.

[quote]Thomas Peters of the American Papist beat me out this year in funniest blog. [u]That is a good thing since my web hosting company has complained about the bandwidth for all my banners from previous year wins.[/u] It seems like his blog is always bitter and bashing others pretty commonplace. It really baffles me it's so popular.

Normally each year I would run attack ads against those competing against me in this category, but this year I didn't and you can see what happened. [u]Attack ads work so next year I will be ready.[/u] In fact I am going to start by looking more closely at Thomas Peters. Notice how he puts "American" first instead of "Papist" showing his priorities. A real Catholic would put Papist first such as "Papist American." And what is up with his motto "American Papist: Not Your Average Catholic!" Pretty prideful I would think. Not exactly showing the humility of a true Catholic. So remember Thomas I am keeping at eye out on you.[/quote]

And he accuses someone else of not showing humility? Umm, seriously?

Not to mention that the argument about not having your priorities straight for putting Papist after American is ridiculous. The noun is always more important than the adjective even though the adjective goes first. Hello, it's English, basic grammar! Obviously you'd want the noun to be Catholic, if that was your priority.

And I'm really surprised about 4marks... I've never even heard much about it and it's kind of... I don't know... bland.

Edited by zunshynn

goldenchild17

[quote name='zunshynn' date='19 August 2009 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1250710306' post='1952734']
I don't really care for WDTPRS, personally, I mean, usually I agree with him, I guess, but I don't really like his style. And the layout of his blog bugs me.

And Curt Jester is really not funny if you ask me. I was put off when I first looked at his blog and saw his remarks bashing American Papist.

And he accuses someone else of not showing humility? Umm, seriously?

Not to mention that the argument about not having your priorities straight for putting Papist after American is ridiculous. The noun is always more important than the adjective even though the adjective goes first. Hello, it's English, basic grammar! Obviously you'd want the noun to be Catholic, if that was your priority.

And I'm really surprised about 4marks... I've never even heard much about it and it's kind of... I don't know... bland.
[/quote]

It's quite possible I misread this because I don't open either of these blogs very often. But this really just seems to be in good humor and kidding.

[quote name='Era Might' date='19 August 2009 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1250709656' post='1952728']
We're last in every category. :lol:
[/quote]
No, I only included the top of the lists down to where we placed.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='19 August 2009 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1250711682' post='1952752']
Maybe Phatmass should advertise by using "4marks.com" as a search word.
[/quote]
My momma says two wrongs don't make a right.

[quote name='dUSt' date='19 August 2009 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1250711914' post='1952757']
My momma says two wrongs don't make a right.
[/quote]
Since 4marks is presently using "phatmass.com" as a search word it seems only proper that "4marks.com" should be a search word for Phatmass. Search words are amoral.

Heck, when I create search lists for my YouTube channel I list all sorts of search words, even some that are only remotely connected to what I have posted, because I want to get as broad an audience as possible.

[quote name='CatherineM' date='19 August 2009 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1250712920' post='1952775']
I guess I should have voted more than once.
[/quote]
Yes, it's all your fault.

[quote name='Era Might' date='19 August 2009 - 03:17 PM' timestamp='1250713077' post='1952778']
Yes, it's all your fault.
[/quote]

Usually is. I'm going to go hide in my corner now.