An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Does One Delete An Account?

Resurrexi

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' date='20 August 2009 - 03:51 AM' timestamp='1250754672' post='1953161']
Y'all need to watch more Stephen Fry. Just sayin'.
[/quote]

When do you get thee to a nunn'ry? :mellow:

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='19 August 2009 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1250733965' post='1953005']
That's what I keep saying but no one pays attention to me. :sadwalk:
[/quote]

This does get a little annoying after awhile.

Starting a whole topic to correct someone's grammar, makes it a little more annoying.

good point, XIX!

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='20 August 2009 - 07:21 AM' timestamp='1250767300' post='1953180']
I beg to differ. It's not a little annoying. It's really downright annoying and rude.
[/quote]
:yes:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Marie-Therese' date='20 August 2009 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1250778698' post='1953208']
This makes me want to post a page-long run-on sentence chock full of double negatives. LOL
[/quote]
Don't forget to end all the sentences with prepositions. And split some infinitives while you're at it.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='20 August 2009 - 08:21 AM' timestamp='1250767300' post='1953180']
I beg to differ. It's not a little annoying. It's really downright annoying and rude.
[/quote]

Yeah, that was what I have been trying to get at... I just never used that exact phrase. :lol: Although, I thought that when I said used phrases like "grammar nazi" and "annoying" they'd take the hint. :idontknow:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='XIX' date='20 August 2009 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1250793680' post='1953284']
It's never bothered me that much, but obviously it's pointless to continue something so...pointless if it annoys the masses.
[/quote]

I really can't stand it. :mellow: Occasionally I'll tease someone for using the wrong word (like sweat instead of sweet) but I don't make it a habit to go around correcting people. Even when I see the error and I think "that's not right" I don't correct them because I think it's obnoxious.

Marie-Therese

I only correct Hassan, and even then it's just to annoy him. LOL

Besides, I have more important things to be paranoid about than my grammar. Too much pressure.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='20 August 2009 - 05:30 PM' timestamp='1250800239' post='1953342']
Physics (Greek: physis – φύσις meaning "nature") is a natural science; it is the study of matter[1] and its motion through spacetime and all that derives from these, such as energy and force.[2] More broadly, it is the general analysis of nature, conducted in order to understand how the world and universe behave.[3][4]

Physics is one of the oldest academic disciplines, perhaps the oldest through its inclusion of astronomy.[5] Over the last two millennia, physics had been considered synonymous with philosophy, chemistry, and certain branches of mathematics and biology, but during the Scientific Revolution in the 16th century, it emerged to become a unique modern science in its own right.[6] However, in some subject areas such as in mathematical physics and quantum chemistry, the boundaries of physics remain difficult to distinguish.

Physics is both significant and influential, in part because advances in its understanding have often translated into new technologies, but also because new ideas in physics often resonate with the other sciences, mathematics and philosophy.

For example, advances in the understanding of electromagnetism led directly to the development of new products which have dramatically transformed modern-day society (e.g., television, computers, and domestic appliances); advances in thermodynamics led to the development of motorized transport; and advances in mechanics inspired the development of calculus.
Physics
E = m c^2\,
Mass–energy equivalence
History of...
[show]Branches
Classical mechanics
Electromagnetism
Statistical mechanics · Thermodynamics
Quantum mechanics
Relativity
[show]Research fields
Applied Physics
Astrophysics
Atomic, molecular, and optical physics
Biophysics
Condensed matter physics
Geophysics
Particle Physics
[show]Past experiments
2-degree-Field Galaxy Redshift Survey
2-Micron All-Sky Survey (2MASS)
Bell test · BOOMERanG · Camera obscura experiments · Cavendish experiment · Cosmic Background Explorer (COBE) · Davisson-Germer · Double slit · Foucault pendulum · Franck Hertz · Gravity Probe A · Gravity Probe B · Geiger–Marsden · Homestake experiment · Oil-drop experiment · Michelson-Morley · Neutrino experiment · Sloan Digital Sky Survey · Stern-Gerlach · Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe
[show]Current experiments
Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider
HERA · LHC
James Webb Space Telescope
[show]Scientists
Bohr · Dirac · Einstein · Feynman· Galileo · Heisenberg · Maxwell · Newton · Pauli · Rutherford · Schrödinger · Wigner
This box: view • talk • edit
[/quote]

Good for you, bro. :thumbsup: