An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Often Do You Go To Confession?

Dust's Sister

How often do you go to confession?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I try to go every other week, but that usually ends up being closer to once a month...sigh. Saturday afternoon is a [i]horrible[/i] time for confession.

I go every saturday (and/or weekday mornings if I have to). I probably wouldn't go as much if I weren't a scrupulant. But I suppose in this case, scrupulancy is a blessing!

But yeah, I'm very partial to Reconciliation. I mean, that sacrament [i]is[/i] the fulfillment of salvation history. God had a plan, and the Jews have been waiting for Him to pull us out of the muck of original sin. And this was IT! Praise God!

It's a shame though that people see it as more of a nuisance than a blessing. And it's alos depressing when priests don't take that honor seriously enough.

But yeah, hooray for Divine Mercy! Hazzah!

I like to go a least once a month, but I can go more than once. It's just such a important sacrament for me, knowing that my sins were forgiven. I used the sacrament many times when I struggled with sin. I recieved the sacraments as much as I could, and prayed more. It was, along the the Eucharist, those two sacraments that let me grow from a lukewarm Catholic to a faithful Catholic. So they are very special to me.

God Bless,
Randall

Edited by Funky_R

+

I go every time I need it! i.e., anytime I have committed a mortal sin (as soon as possible) or if I have several venial sins (not required, but recommended). It always amazes me that so many parishes have confession for only an hour a week -as if several-hundred to several-thousand people sin so little as to be able to confess them all in one hour before mass that Saturday or Sunday.

Oh Lord forgive us for so many unworthy communions (myself included)!

On that note, here is an awesome Litany in Reparation to Our Lord in the Eucharist:
[url="http://www.catholictradition.org/Litanies/litany3b.htm"]http://www.catholictradition.org/Litanies/litany3b.htm[/url]

Speaking of confession, the Knights of Columbus print a really good "Guide to Confession" that we order in bulk (3,000 for $90.00 at a time) for our Cathedral, if your parish needs some (with your pastor's permission, of course).

Fidei Defensor

I always go when I need to because of a mortal sin.

But I admit, I have a bad habit of not going, even when I have many venial sins, and really should go. But I forget to if I don't have a mortal sin.

[quote]
Every week. But not, because I\'m so holy... i am such a big sinner that I need to go every week :(
[/quote]
i have not been in along TIME!

wow i need to go!

i'm gettin better at goin.. it used to be twice a year, then i started goin slightly more often, then i stopped receiving the Eucharist when in mortal sin, so now I go whenever I have mortal sin.. well, within a fortnight "usually" ("usually" since this is somewhat recent) and I don't receive Eucharist when in mortal sin now :-D

[quote name='DancesforLove' post='277398' date='Jul 23 2004, 07:05 PM']
I haven't had Communion so I can't.
[/quote]
er... you're supposed to go before you go to Communion.. unless you haven't been baptized yet either