Apollo Posted April 5, 2004 Posted April 5, 2004 I don't practice Santeria. I ain't go no crystal ball. I had a million dollars but I, I spent it all.
Iacobus Posted April 5, 2004 Posted April 5, 2004 Never herad of Santeria till today. Glad I don't encounter much like it.
purple_rat Posted April 5, 2004 Posted April 5, 2004 Hey all, I was on a choir trip to Cuba, and one of the places they took us to was a Santeria (although, I'm not sure it was santeria) leader's house. There they demonstrated dancing and drumming and chanting. Kinda creepy. I was just wondering, is it bad that I was there? Thanks for your time.
Cesar624 Posted April 5, 2004 Posted April 5, 2004 One of my friends is a Santero. He's half Cuban and half Dominican. It's really a creepy religion. I put him in his place when he tried saying he was Catholic - and I told him where his religion came from and how it's contradictory to the Bible. They're extremely supersticious - in his house, whistling, talking loud and hitting eachother is not allowed because it disturbs the "santos". And when they cook dinner, they leave a plate of food out for the "santos" so that they can eat - and the food actually does dissappear the next morning too. Disgusting religion. We need to pray for them all.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted April 5, 2004 Author Posted April 5, 2004 [quote name='purple_rat' date='Apr 4 2004, 10:43 PM'] Hey all, I was on a choir trip to Cuba, and one of the places they took us to was a Santeria (although, I'm not sure it was santeria) leader's house. There they demonstrated dancing and drumming and chanting. Kinda creepy. I was just wondering, is it bad that I was there? Thanks for your time. [/quote] I wouldn't say that it's a bad thing.....but you just have to be careful... There is a lot of evil in this world, and if we remember these words from the Bible, we should be equipping ourselves against that evilness. [quote] 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: [/quote] This is found in Ephesians 6. P.S. Thanks, Carson, for helping me find this passage
fatima513 Posted April 5, 2004 Posted April 5, 2004 [quote]I'm glad that it's not prevaliant here in the North. [/quote] I'm in NY and we've had a terrible problem the last few years with people pocketing the Eucharist to use in their "ceremonies". I also have a friend who's neighbor was into Santeria and he had a goat in his backyard for a few months, then one night there was some kind of ceremony where the neighbor hung all these sheets around the backyard so you couldn't see in and the next day the goat was gone and the garbage bins had so much blood on them that the sanitation workers called the police. And last year we actually had someone steal the Blessed Sacrament during Eucharistic Adoration!
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted April 5, 2004 Author Posted April 5, 2004 That is sooo sick! Man! Talk about living among the worldly!
immaculata Posted April 5, 2004 Posted April 5, 2004 [quote name='fatima513' date='Apr 5 2004, 12:26 PM'] I'm in NY and we've had a terrible problem the last few years with people pocketing the Eucharist to use in their "ceremonies". I also have a friend who's neighbor was into Santeria and he had a goat in his backyard for a few months, then one night there was some kind of ceremony where the neighbor hung all these sheets around the backyard so you couldn't see in and the next day the goat was gone and the garbage bins had so much blood on them that the sanitation workers called the police. And last year we actually had someone steal the Blessed Sacrament during Eucharistic Adoration! [/quote] WOW! I can't imagine that happening... I'm SOOOO glad we don't have anything like that around where I live, I don't think I could bear it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now