An Old School Catholic Message Board

"peace Cannot Be Achieved Through Violence, It Can Only Be Attaine

Winchester

Maximilianus

From what I understand "Si vis pace para bellum" is the paraphrased version of "qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum" which in turn comes from "Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum; qui uictoriam cupit, milites inbuat diligenter; qui secundos optat euentus, dimicet arte, non casu.(Therefore, he who desires peace, let him prepare for war...)" from General Vegetius' [i][url="http://www.thelatinlibrary.com/vegetius3.html"]EPITOMA REI MILITARIS LIBER III[/url] [/i]. Apparently variations of the phrase has also been attributed to other Roman leaders.

I would say that if you desire peace, then you must prepare for martyrdom, not for war. True peace can only be attained through conversion, and conversion cannot be attained by violence against those you want to convert.

Peace -- as it is experienced on earth -- is often merely the absence of conflict, while true peace -- as it will be experienced in the eschaton -- is the tranquility of order that involves justice, mercy, and the gift of righteousness.

[quote name='Winchester' date='31 August 2009 - 10:57 AM' timestamp='1251730660' post='1958800']
You have a virus, then.
[/quote]
:lol_roll: :sweat: Always with a good joke.