picchick Posted September 1, 2009 Posted September 1, 2009 CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, I heard that they are doing away with velcro. So far I am taking it as a rumor but since you guys are in it more than me, have you heard anything?
Winchester Posted September 1, 2009 Posted September 1, 2009 I was a 85th level Ranger in high school.
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 1, 2009 Author Posted September 1, 2009 [quote name='missionseeker' date='31 August 2009 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1251770647' post='1959214'] well, let me know your new address so I can send you money? or should I send it to the same address because you haven't yet moved. (Oh, P.S. - I got it today. ) [/quote] We'll be here till the 10th. They are coming to pack our stuff on the 9th, and picking it up on the 10th. [quote name='Not A Mallard' date='01 September 2009 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1251829137' post='1959444'] Which Ranger are you married to? The red one? ... [/quote] Uh.... these Rangers are waaaay cooler than the Power Rangers. Just sayin'. [quote name='picchick' date='01 September 2009 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1251832949' post='1959478'] CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, I heard that they are doing away with velcro. So far I am taking it as a rumor but since you guys are in it more than me, have you heard anything? [/quote] I asked Matt and he said he's also heard rumors that they are doing away with ACU's. God only knows. This is the Army after all.
Maximilianus Posted September 1, 2009 Posted September 1, 2009 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='01 September 2009 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1251836562' post='1959500'] I asked Matt and he said he's also heard rumors that they are doing away with ACU's. God only knows. This is the Army after all. [/quote] Interesting, I know the Army is supposed to get rid of the green service uniforms and going back to the blue service uniforms.
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 2, 2009 Author Posted September 2, 2009 [quote name='Maximilianus' date='01 September 2009 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1251837340' post='1959514'] Interesting, I know the Army is supposed to get rid of the green service uniforms and going back to the blue service uniforms. [/quote] Yeah, that's definitely true. They've already started switching some stuff over. There have been some slight modifications to the dress blue uniform so when my husband bought his he got the new version. After all the money they put into ACUs I don't really see them changing it any time soon... but, again, this IS the Army so you never know. lol
tinytherese Posted September 2, 2009 Posted September 2, 2009 [quote name='Not A Mallard' date='01 September 2009 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1251829137' post='1959444'] Which Ranger are you married to? The red one? ... [/quote] That was my favorite show as a child. Tommy was the coolest one.
picchick Posted September 2, 2009 Posted September 2, 2009 [quote name='Maximilianus' date='01 September 2009 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1251837340' post='1959514'] Interesting, I know the Army is supposed to get rid of the green service uniforms and going back to the blue service uniforms. [/quote] Yeah I heard that too. I am kinda sad about that because I like the green. But I didn't join for the uniforms [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='01 September 2009 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1251853366' post='1959657'] Yeah, that's definitely true. They've already started switching some stuff over. There have been some slight modifications to the dress blue uniform so when my husband bought his he got the new version. After all the money they put into ACUs I don't really see them changing it any time soon... but, again, this IS the Army so you never know. lol [/quote] Yeah, I just wish I knew before I get mine. WHICH IS THIS MONTH!
Maximilianus Posted September 2, 2009 Posted September 2, 2009 (edited) [quote name='picchick' date='02 September 2009 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1251866615' post='1959756'] Yeah I heard that too. I am kinda sad about that because I like the green. But I didn't join for the uniforms [/quote] Kind of like how you don't join a religious order for the habit, right? Edited September 2, 2009 by Maximilianus
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 2, 2009 Author Posted September 2, 2009 [quote name='picchick' date='02 September 2009 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1251866615' post='1959756'] Yeah I heard that too. I am kinda sad about that because I like the green. But I didn't join for the uniforms Yeah, I just wish I knew before I get mine. WHICH IS THIS MONTH! [/quote] Yeah, they definitely won't be switching from velcro or discontinuing ACUs within a month, you're safe to get your gear.
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 2, 2009 Author Posted September 2, 2009 I literally "pinned" his tab on his uniform Friday. [img]http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs180.snc1/6772_266610870342_818085342_8614822_1349520_n.jpg[/img]
pat22 Posted September 2, 2009 Posted September 2, 2009 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='31 August 2009 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1251749645' post='1958967'] Did I mention [i]Airborne[/i] Ranger? [/quote] ALL ranger are airborn.
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 2, 2009 Author Posted September 2, 2009 [quote name='pat22' date='02 September 2009 - 03:41 PM' timestamp='1251916895' post='1959909'] ALL ranger are airborn. [/quote] No they aren't.
pat22 Posted September 2, 2009 Posted September 2, 2009 yes they are. you have to pass airborn school and be qualified to be a ranger
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 2, 2009 Author Posted September 2, 2009 [quote name='pat22' date='02 September 2009 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1251917092' post='1959913'] yes they are. you have to pass airborn school and be qualified to be a ranger [/quote] NO you don't. I KNOW because my husband just graduated Ranger School and there were LOTS of guys who were not Airborne qualified who are *ding-ding* RANGERS.
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 3, 2009 Author Posted September 3, 2009 [quote name='pat22' date='02 September 2009 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1251926145' post='1959985'] [/quote] Don't try and correct me. We're pretty much talking about my life here and I know what's going on in my life.
rachael Posted September 3, 2009 Posted September 3, 2009 hey pat, just shush. don't make matt come after you. `
pat22 Posted September 3, 2009 Posted September 3, 2009 [quote name='rachael' date='03 September 2009 - 11:05 AM' timestamp='1251990355' post='1960331'] hey pat, just shush. don't make matt come after you. ` [/quote] good idea
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now