Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

This is why I couldn't become a pro wrestler. :sadwalk:

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='mcts' date='06 September 2009 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1252271850' post='1962076']
I don't find it strange, but I don't find it necessary.
[/quote]

Pretty much this.


[quote name='pat22' date='06 September 2009 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1252273253' post='1962101']
i went skinny dipping a couple of times when i was home alone :topsy:
[/quote]

T

M

I

:blink:


[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='06 September 2009 - 06:45 PM' timestamp='1252273539' post='1962104']
Pat is a crazyman. Anywho, Slappo, that's fine. I sometimes wear one as to avoid questioning on why I'm so thin... :detective:
[/quote]

I may have laughed out loud at that... My husband used to be like that, getting married managed to put a little meat on him but he's still quite thin for his height. Our kids are also really skinny (they get it from both sides of the family) but there isn't really any getting around the comments no matter what I put on them.

[quote name='zunshynn' date='06 September 2009 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1252273904' post='1962113']
TMI Pat. TMI.
[/quote]

:yes:

Posted (edited)

EDIT

Edited by pat22
Posted

[quote name='Slappo' date='06 September 2009 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1252270419' post='1962029']
Is it silly for a guy to wear a shirt when going swimming in a public place for purposes of modesty? I told my priest that I was waiting for my swim shirt to come in that I ordered to wear while swimming and he laughed at me :unsure:
[/quote]

I don't think it's silly at all. I admire modesty.

Posted

[quote name='pat22' date='06 September 2009 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1252273253' post='1962101']
i went skinny dipping a couple of times when i was home alone :topsy:
[/quote]

Gee, I could have gone all day without that mental image.









:hehehe:

dauntingknight
Posted

[quote name='Slappo' date='06 September 2009 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1252270419' post='1962029']
Is it silly for a guy to wear a shirt when going swimming in a public place for purposes of modesty? I told my priest that I was waiting for my swim shirt to come in that I ordered to wear while swimming and he laughed at me :unsure:
[/quote]
I think I may get one of those only on the course that it makes me look cooler [size="1"]and it hides the small things of acne that are on my chest[/size]

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='06 September 2009 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1252272465' post='1962087']
I've talked to a priest about swimming before. He actually told me not to swim with persons of the opposite sex. :unsure:
[/quote]
We're not the Romans here.

Posted

It's been a while since I swam, but I tend to wear a shirt. I don't like exposing people to my potbelly. :mellow:

Posted

[quote name='InHisLove726' date='06 September 2009 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1252277251' post='1962153']
Gee, I could have gone all day without that mental image.









:hehehe:
[/quote]
:saint:














or not

Posted (edited)

Here in my slice of Ohioan paradise the only guys who wear shirts while swimming are the chubby ones. Actually they're not the only ones, I have seen some competitive swimmers at the aquatic center wearing full body suits but I guess that's not the same thing as a shirt, thought it covers everything. I am not really bothered by guys not wearing shirts at the pool/beach... they are just kind of part of the background that I don't really notice. I only notice guys' bodies if I am deliberately deciding to do it. And I think this is probably true for a lot of women - we react to visual stimuli differently than men. Then again I'm sure there are gals out there who really do struggle at the beach etc.

Edited by Maggie
Posted

I don't think it's necessary. Most women aren't as visually stimulated as most guys. I don't typically tend to look at a guy shirtless and go insane. But I guess I would thank the guy, if I knew he was doing it for modesty. It's so difficult in the world today to stay pure, and I love it when the sexes honor each other. :)

txdinghysailor
Posted

I don't wear a shirt swimming or sailing when I'm not around my family or my gf. My mom will yell at me if I don't wear one, and my gf says that it makes her uncomfortable, but she says that if ever we tie the knot i don't have to wear one. Otherwise, at school and elsewhere, I go shirtless. I'm not fat or anything, so I don't think other people will think it's gross, and honestly if girls have problems it's their fault, not mine. I can't swim fast with a shirt on, and honestly wearing a shirt while sailing is kind of pointless, cuz of the lifejacket.

Archaeology cat
Posted

I definitely don't think it's strange (my father always wears a shirt whilst swimming), and I do appreciate it.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='06 September 2009 - 05:45 PM' timestamp='1252273539' post='1962104']
I sometimes wear one as to avoid questioning on why I'm so thin... [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/detective.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Why are you so skinny? :P


My dad wears one because of sunburn. I don't find it weird or strange or anything. People do and people don't. It doesn't matter either way. Maybe he was laughing at the idea of a shirt specific for swimming? Unless it is for surfing, I never heard of a swim shirt. Usually I've seen just a plain white t-shirt.

Edited by picchick
Posted

ok you guys, in my part o' town. tons of guys swim, do yard work, and relax without a shirt. and nobody thinks much of a woman working outside in a sports bra. srsly, it gets hot down here. you dont want to be mowing the lawn in 110 degs. in jeans and a long sleeve shirt

Posted

I got a surfing shirt because I knew it'd be better to wear while trying to swim and that it won't hold so much water or drag when swimming laps.

so it is a shirt specifically for swimming :P. Since I'll be in an indoor swimming pool often there are rules about street clothes in the water because they have to keep the water to certain standards of cleanliness.

missionseeker
Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='06 September 2009 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1252274287' post='1962129']
Pretty much this.




T

M

I

:blink:




I may have laughed out loud at that... My husband used to be like that, getting married managed to put a little meat on him but he's still quite thin for his height. Our kids are also really skinny (they get it from both sides of the family) but there isn't really any getting around the comments no matter what I put on them.



:yes:
[/quote]

soooo... he should just go ahead and marry me and see if that helps any? :hehe:

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='missionseeker' date='07 September 2009 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1252347352' post='1962679']
soooo... he should just go ahead and marry me and see if that helps any? :hehe:
[/quote]

:yes:

Matt went from about 185ish (on a 6'6" frame) to about 200-210. Ranger school took him back down to 195. Obviously it wass good to have a little "extra" weight (he didn't look flabby, he looked normal). Can you imagine how scrawny he'd look if he was 185 and lost 15 lbs? :blink:

missionseeker
Posted (edited)

I'm guessing he'd look something like Jeff, only taller. :topsy: :P


:mellow:

Edited by missionseeker
Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='07 September 2009 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1252348029' post='1962687']
:yes:

Matt went from about 185ish (on a 6'6" frame) to about 200-210. Ranger school took him back down to 195. Obviously it wass good to have a little "extra" weight (he didn't look flabby, he looked normal). Can you imagine how scrawny he'd look if he was 185 and lost 15 lbs? :blink:
[/quote]


:blink: I don't think it's possible for me to see someone 11 inches taller then me and refer to him as "scrawny"

Sheer height would make him look huge in my eyes :huh:

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

I used to wear shirts swimming simply because I'm overweight.

Of course, when you hit the water, cotton clings to you, so I don't think it hid much.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...