An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Probably Going To Change My Sn

zunshynn

[color="#000000"]So yeah, I've been going back and forth about asking dUSt to change my sn for ages, and I thinking I'm going to. I just haven't really felt like it fit me for years... I picked zunshynn when I was in junior high and used to use it for everyting, but I've changed alot since then, especially because I'd like for my sn to reflect my faith somehow, whereas when I picked zunshynn, my faith was basically nonexistent and there was just really no reason or meaning behind it.

Plus, everything else that I used zunshynn as a screen name for became inactive while I was in the monastery, so I changed my sn for most things to Laudem Gloriae, but since we already have one or two of those here, I've been seriously thinking about Portiuncula or Little Portion for PM.

I was wondering what y'alls thoughts were about that? I really like Portiuncula, but sometimes sns that are hard to spell get on people's nerves. Of course zunshynn is just as bad as far as remember how it's spelled goes. And I don't know if everyone will get confused by who I am? I'm not sure if that would be an issue anyway. Anyway, thoughts?[/color]

Edited by zunshynn

While I was reading that quickly, my mind was trying to figure out how to pronounce Portiuncula. I think some wires crossed along the way, and I got it wrong.

That means that now, no matter what, whenever I see Portiuncula, I'm going to mispronounce it in my head as Proto Nuclea.

Do you still want that as your SN? :mellow:

[color="#000000"][quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='28 September 2009 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1254174248' post='1973939']
While I was reading that quickly, my mind was trying to figure out how to pronounce Portiuncula. I think some wires crossed along the way, and I got it wrong.

That means that now, no matter what, whenever I see Portiuncula, I'm going to mispronounce it in my head as Proto Nuclea.

Do you still want that as your SN? :mellow:
[/quote]

That could still be cool. In a :nerd: way. It's usually pronounced Porzee-oonk-ola (or Port-see-oonk-ola), by the way. or if you feel like about going about it like an American, Pour-tea-uncle-luh... leave it to a Canadian to say Proto Nuclea...

[quote name='Winchester' date='28 September 2009 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1254179923' post='1973969']
Change is bad.
[/quote]

Well with an SN like Winchester, of course you'd say that.

:mellow:[/color]

Edited by zunshynn

[color="#800080"]I like Portiuncula. If you have fears about posting on a new screename, you could post something in your signature saying "Formerly Zunshynn" and/or post something in your profile. What I did was post in my old profile that I had abandoned my old account with the link connecting to my new one.[/color] :)

Edited by InHisLove726

[quote name='zunshynn' date='28 September 2009 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1254180956' post='1973978']
[color="#000000"]

Well with an SN like Winchester, of course you'd say that.

:mellow:[/color]
[/quote]

:hehe:

[color="#000000"]Speaking of what sns make you think of... I always think of Winchester Rifles when I see your sn, Winnie... that and Sarah Winchester... Probably more the latter actually. But actually she was a huge fan of change. She wouldn't even sleep in the same room twice because she was afraid the ghosts would get her. :mellow:

And nihil, most of the time when people just write nihil I think of Nietzsche and nihilism. No offense. :)

In His Love, what did your sn used to be? I didn't realize you'd had another one.[/color]

Edited by zunshynn

[quote name='zunshynn' date='28 September 2009 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1254189130' post='1974076']
[color="#000000"]

In His Love, what did your sn used to be? I didn't realize you'd had another one.[/color]
[/quote]
[color="#800080"]
[size="3"]I used to be Carmeliteheart726. I was unsure of my call to Carmel, so I decided to change it. Then I decided, after resuming my discernment with the Carmelites, that I would use it again, but I forgot my s/n and couldn't sign back on. :annoyed: I now know my password, but I haven't used that account in a while.[/size][/color]

Edited by InHisLove726

[quote name='zunshynn' date='28 September 2009 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1254189130' post='1974076']
[color="#000000"]And nihil, most of the time when people just write nihil I think of Nietzsche and nihilism. No offense. :)

[/quote]
Rats, Nietzsche? Lol.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' date='29 September 2009 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1254203362' post='1974184']
What about zunshynn5819429843?
[/quote]

A combination of letters and numbers is gross. :hehe:

Kidding, of course. :evil:

i wanna change my screen name. but every time i ask everyones like havent you already had too many?? i dont get it..

Edited by nvzbl

actually I like you sn. It reminds me of nuns. So it does have some faith element to it. Plus I think that it is prettier looking than the other ones you are thinking about. But that is my opinion. Plus I know who you are this way.