An Old School Catholic Message Board

Imputation Of Righteousness

rkwright

[quote name='Stormstopper' date='07 October 2009 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1254965981' post='1980485']
Dear [i]Darkwing Duck[/i],

I absolutely reject your advice, totally, absolutely and completely. Your entire post is full off nothing but the hot air you accuse me of----all words with no substance whatsoever. Why of course I understand you don't like the way I am proclaiming the gospel because, "the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit, for they are foolishness unto him." (1 Cor 2:14). The concept of the imputation of the righteousness of Christ has never been explained to you so it not surprising you are mystified by the thought. If only for the very fact that your OWN CHURCH TEACHES IT, to a certain degree at the Council of Trent, should be cause for you to investigate the matter futher....since it is obvious no one has a clue about it on this board. At least in my debate with Raphael, he has taken up the challenge, and is where I must go now so you won't be hearing from me for a while. But I'll repeat it again so perhaps the Spirit of God might move one of you to check things out: "THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, BY WHOM WE HAVE ACCESS BY FAITH INTO THIS GRACE BY WHICH WE STAND" according to Romans 5:1 is NOT ACCESSABLE BY A GRACE-PRODUCED WORKS RIGHTEOUSNESS, the very thing Roman Catholicism teaches! The unbiblical concept of an "infused" righteousness will never save you, as she teaches, but the biblical concept of His imputed righteousness, WILL! (Romans 4:6, "unto whom God imputeth righteousness").
[/quote]
Ra ba ba.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Winchester' date='07 October 2009 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1254966457' post='1980496']
95+ and Living Stone
Sittin' in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

Someone's got a crush, lalalalala LA.
[/quote]

Hm, he did seem particularly excited in that post, didn't he?

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='07 October 2009 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1254964818' post='1980457']
I must have missed it. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
It's okay, you're super groovy too. With my super advanced intellect comes the tendency to be too logical so your human emotion is important to bring balance to the force.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Terra Firma' date='07 October 2009 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1254964689' post='1980454']
We should play Trivial Pursuit sometime.
[/quote]
Star Trek Trivial Pursuit! :yahoo:

Played that game a lot as a kid (TOS version), good times.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='07 October 2009 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1254966824' post='1980507']
Star Trek Trivial Pursuit! :yahoo:

Played that game a lot as a kid-in between being given swirlies outside the band practice room- (TOS version), good times.
[/quote]

[quote name='Stormstopper' date='07 October 2009 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1254965981' post='1980485']
Dear [i]Best Friend Bosom Buddy and Lifelong Pal[/i],

I absolutely reject your advice, totally, absolutely and completely. Your entire post is full off nothing but the hot air you accuse me of----all words with no substance whatsoever. Why of course I understand you don't like the way I am proclaiming the gospel because, "the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit, for they are foolishness unto him." (1 Cor 2:14). The concept of the imputation of the righteousness of Christ has never been explained to you so it not surprising you are mystified by the thought. If only for the very fact that your OWN CHURCH TEACHES IT, to a certain degree at the Council of Trent, should be cause for you to investigate the matter futher....since it is obvious no one has a clue about it on this board. At least in my debate with Raphael, he has taken up the challenge, and is where I must go now so you won't be hearing from me for a while. But I'll repeat it again so perhaps the Spirit of God might move one of you to check things out: "THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, BY WHOM WE HAVE ACCESS BY FAITH INTO THIS GRACE BY WHICH WE STAND" according to Romans 5:1 is NOT ACCESSABLE BY A GRACE-PRODUCED WORKS RIGHTEOUSNESS, the very thing Roman Catholicism teaches! The unbiblical concept of an "infused" righteousness will never save you, as she supposes, but the biblical concept of His imputed righteousness, WILL! (Romans 4:6, "unto whom God imputeth righteousness").
[/quote]

My main observation of your posts is that you are very quick to make absolute conclusions about people in which you don't have much basis on. e.g., "the concept of the imputation of the righteousness of Christ has never been explained to you". In my one post, I highly doubt that you can come to such a conclusion with such absolute certainty. The language that you use is not only strong, but claims absoluteness in many different instances, whether it be about your own faith or religious convictions (which I can understand since you don't have any authoritative interpreter except for your own self) or whether it be about your quick judgments about others. I'm concerned about the latter, not the former. You have quite a few simply logical fallacies that come up in your quick judgments, including but not limited to: ad hominem, argumentum ad baculum, and argumentum ad ignoratiam. In other posts, I can respect some of your deductions that you make regarding debate, but your inductions aren't really hitting the mark. It actually just adds to your discredibility.

Credibility isn't necessary, but can be a useful thing if you are proclaiming the Message. Learning how to not make logical fallacies can help with your credibility. I would also refrain from those quick judgments that I spoke of. A philosophy course or two, or maybe a logic course could do you some good (here is an example of an ad hominem fallacy that I just used against you).

Oh yeah, and you were very redundant in your first line. "I [i]absolutely [/i]reject your advice totally, [i]absolutely[/i], and completely". Careful with your "absolute" claims and remember that only the Lord our God is absolute. If you continually make absolute claims, it is very possible that you start to unconsciously believe yourself to be absolute in the intended sense, and make yourself into an idol. Pride is a very dangerous and subtle sin that can take hold of our lives if we make ourselves into a god. Please just be cautious. Your're in my prayers. Thanks bro.

Miles Christi Sum,
M

[quote name='Winchester' date='07 October 2009 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1254966457' post='1980496']
95+ and Living Stone
Sittin' in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

Someone's got a crush, lalalalala LA.
[/quote]

Gross. :ohno:

[quote name='LivingStone' date='07 October 2009 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1254967831' post='1980526']
Gross. :ohno:
[/quote]
It's really only about him.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='LivingStone' date='07 October 2009 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1254967755' post='1980525']If you continually make absolute claims, it is very possible that you start to unconsciously believe yourself to be absolute in the intended sense, and make yourself into an idol. Pride is a very dangerous and subtle sin that can take hold of our lives if we make ourselves into a god.
[/quote]
You're about forty years too late, I fear.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='07 October 2009 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1254968043' post='1980531']
bastage :shock:
[/quote]
^ directed towards Winnie

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Winchester' date='07 October 2009 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1254968498' post='1980546']
At least I'm not Herbert.
[/quote]
:yahoo:

Amen brother. Amen. :yahoo: