Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Abortion As A Result Of Child Molestation/rape


Recommended Posts

Posted

*hopes no one ignored his link* :detective:

dominicansoul
Posted

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='10 October 2009 - 01:00 PM' timestamp='1255194026' post='1982401']
*hopes no one ignored his link* :detective:
[/quote]
I sure didn't ignore it. I shared it with my friend, and all she had to say, was that was her mother's "choice." She herself believes it isn't up to anyone to "force" a rape victim to go through 9 months of hell carrying a "demon" seed...

*sigh* I guess only prayers will help, because discussion is going no where...

Posted

I didn't ignore the link either. I suppose that she's used to hearing people say that that was her mother's choice and that no one should be forced to carry a child for nine months.

I remember being in a discussion with one of my friends about being pro-life and she said that nine months of pregnancy and then going into labor isn't easy. It's so sad how pregnancy is often thought of as a disease. Sure those months would be hard, but isn't the life of that person more important? It is something to be done out of love.

I know some pro-life songs that might be helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCmLmZDpB4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AqPRcF7ZC0

Posted (edited)

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='10 October 2009 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1255198726' post='1982453']

*sigh* I guess only prayers will help, because discussion is going no where...
[/quote]

I can imagine it.
Well, luckily this is only a discussion and she didn't carry the "demon" seed.
But there is a thing I can't understand.
At the beginning you said:

[i]A friend of mine was telling [...].[/i]
[b]She shared this with me to challenge my pro-life stance.[/b]

Did she share this only to challenge your vision?

Edited by organwerke
dominicansoul
Posted

[quote name='organwerke' date='10 October 2009 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1255214087' post='1982612']
I can imagine it.
Well, luckily this is only a discussion and she didn't carry the "demon" seed.
But there is a thing I can't understand.
At the beginning you said:

[i]A friend of mine was telling [...].[/i]
[b]She shared this with me to challenge my pro-life stance.[/b]

Did she share this only to challenge your vision?
[/quote]

Well, I suppose that may not be what's behind it...she may be reaching out for some sort of understanding of all that has happened to her, and her own beliefs...

little_miss_late
Posted

dominicansoul, I think you are right that she is reaching out for understanding. It does not surprise me that someone who was repeatedly raped during childhood would see the world in terms of what people are "forced" to do. If she was betrayed so deeply as a child and is still bitter and angry decades later, she may honestly not believe that the kind of love exists which would compel a woman to carry a child conceived by rape. She may not believe that she is capable of giving or receiving that love. I think the best thing you can do is be a source of gentle love in this woman's life. Until she can allow herself to love and be loved, anything else you say might as well be in a different language.

let_go_let_God
Posted

Another way to respond to this is to ask if a child should be punished for the sins of the Father. If someone believes that stealing a car is alright should it be legal, no, the law protects the innocent and defenseless. A law is inacted to help those that cannot protect themselves.

Since she herself was hurt by abuse she would be the first to agree that child abuse shouldn't be legalized then why then should she be able to take the life of a child that has done no harm to anyone.

Prayers for your friend.

God bless-
LGLG

Posted

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='10 October 2009 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1255198726' post='1982453']
I sure didn't ignore it. I shared it with my friend, and all she had to say, was that was her mother's "choice." She herself believes it isn't up to anyone to "force" a rape victim to go through 9 months of hell carrying a "demon" seed...

*sigh* I guess only prayers will help, because discussion is going no where...
[/quote]


[quote name='tinytherese' date='10 October 2009 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1255209341' post='1982568']
I didn't ignore the link either. I suppose that she's used to hearing people say that that was her mother's choice and that no one should be forced to carry a child for nine months.

I remember being in a discussion with one of my friends about being pro-life and she said that nine months of pregnancy and then going into labor isn't easy. It's so sad how pregnancy is often thought of as a disease. Sure those months would be hard, but isn't the life of that person more important? It is something to be done out of love.

I know some pro-life songs that might be helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCmLmZDpB4I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AqPRcF7ZC0
[/quote]
Well, sounds like the woman isn't mentally/emotionally apt to discussing this topic. Sounds like she's trying to poke holes. The woman who I linked to gave a pretty powerful talk, and one of my friends who was a pro life "accept in the case of..." changed his mind. Why? Cause the speaker was that human being who was a so called "demon seed". Actually, she was the sweetest woman in the world, and started using her law practice to help save lives, especially those of mothers. Sounds like this poor young woman needs to confront someone who went through this experience and chose life. She also needs to come to realise that matter isn't evil. Like I said though, she's not well at all.

[quote name='let_go_let_God' date='11 October 2009 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1255297861' post='1983260']
Another way to respond to this is to ask if a child should be punished for the sins of the Father. If someone believes that stealing a car is alright should it be legal, no, the law protects the innocent and defenseless. A law is inacted to help those that cannot protect themselves.

Since she herself was hurt by abuse she would be the first to agree that child abuse shouldn't be legalized then why then should she be able to take the life of a child that has done no harm to anyone.

Prayers for your friend.

God bless-
LGLG
[/quote]
+1

let_go_let_God
Posted

Another way to bring forth the issue of abortion dealing with rape/abuse/incest when brought up in a general sense rather than someones own experience. Gently point out that only 1% of all abortions are done for the reasons of rape/abuse/incest. Should a law exsist for the exception or the norm?

God bless-
LGLG

Posted

[quote name='let_go_let_God' date='12 October 2009 - 06:45 AM' timestamp='1255322743' post='1983761']
Another way to bring forth the issue of abortion dealing with rape/abuse/incest when brought up in a general sense rather than someones own experience. Gently point out that only 1% of all abortions are done for the reasons of rape/abuse/incest. Should a law exsist for the exception or the norm?

God bless-
LGLG
[/quote]

This is the reason for I asked dominicansoul if the woman told this only to challenge her position. Now, I too strongly believe that this woman said this because she has a great need to be helped, and also to share her bitter experience with someone.
Of course, because she was a real victim of such a situation, I don't believe she had malice, but there are people who have, and use extreme situations only in order to justify a law they strongly defend.
but, of course, it is also to say that when speaking about abortion, we can't merely think if this is legal or not...but if this is just or not!
Finally, I too believe that this unfortunate person will unlikely change her position through discussions but more likely by prayer and the effects of a deep and true love.

let_go_let_God
Posted

And I did see that you had asked that. I wasn't assuming that the original person had asked in a hypothetical situation but one that she had encountered herself.

I posted my previous post to give another way of looking at the question not only from the perspective of someone who had experienced this first hand.

God bless-
LGLG

Posted

[quote name='Varg' date='10 October 2009 - 04:10 AM' timestamp='1255162248' post='1982281']
Considering this god person let these awful things happen to her I don't think she'll be willing to trust him.
[/quote]

How do you know what her beliefs are about God? Just because you blame God for everything because you don't understand him does not mean everyone does.

Posted

Within living memory, illegitimate women and men were barred from religious orders and the priesthood. " No sin shall enter in" was the Scriptural justification.


Researching ancestry here, you see the word "bastard" scrawled across baptismal certificates. .

Regardless of how the baby was conceived, eg by rape.


'KnightofChrist' date='08 October 2009 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1255049681' post='1981347']
This same mindset comes from the idea that children born with defects, out of wedlock, etc are cursed by the devil.
[/quote]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...