T-Bone _ Posted October 9, 2009 Posted October 9, 2009 Please tell me that you don't actually read that tripe.
Nihil Obstat Posted October 10, 2009 Author Posted October 10, 2009 [quote name='T-Bone _' date='09 October 2009 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1255110927' post='1981775'] Please tell me that you don't actually read that tripe. [/quote] I've tried twice to get through Atlas Shrugged, but I just can't manage it. I didn't mind We the Living. She is pretty crazy, but sometimes it's nice to read a giant left wing bash for hours on end. I much prefer Terry Goodkind.
Nihil Obstat Posted October 29, 2009 Author Posted October 29, 2009 [quote name='rachael' date='29 October 2009 - 09:47 AM' timestamp='1256827661' post='1993321'] love ayn rand. [/quote] She is a bit full of herself.
rachael Posted October 29, 2009 Posted October 29, 2009 yes, but her theories are interesting nonetheless.
Nihil Obstat Posted October 29, 2009 Author Posted October 29, 2009 [quote name='rachael' date='29 October 2009 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1256831759' post='1993340'] yes, but her theories are interesting nonetheless. [/quote] Interesting for sure, but I consider her a little bit nuts.
Nihil Obstat Posted October 29, 2009 Author Posted October 29, 2009 [quote name='rachael' date='29 October 2009 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1256837035' post='1993373'] as many great writers are/were. [/quote] Touche.
rachael Posted October 29, 2009 Posted October 29, 2009 I finished up The Picture of Dorian Grey a few weeks ago. Oscar Wilde had some issues.
Nihil Obstat Posted October 29, 2009 Author Posted October 29, 2009 [quote name='rachael' date='29 October 2009 - 12:50 PM' timestamp='1256838619' post='1993390'] I finished up The Picture of Dorian Grey a few weeks ago. Oscar Wilde had some issues. [/quote] I like Poe.
MithLuin Posted October 29, 2009 Posted October 29, 2009 [i]The Fountainhead[/i] is propaganda, pure and simple. It was amusing to watch her try to appeal to the everyman by convincing the reader that you are really one of the elite. In other words, it's easier to accept her classed society if you think you are on the side of the geniuses. Stroking the ego, much? A friend of mine has Ayn as her middle name; guess who she's named after?
Nihil Obstat Posted October 29, 2009 Author Posted October 29, 2009 [quote name='MithLuin' date='29 October 2009 - 01:39 PM' timestamp='1256841590' post='1993411'] [i]The Fountainhead[/i] is propaganda, pure and simple. It was amusing to watch her try to appeal to the everyman by convincing the reader that you are really one of the elite. In other words, it's easier to accept her classed society if you think you are on the side of the geniuses. Stroking the ego, much? A friend of mine has Ayn as her middle name; guess who she's named after? [/quote] ...but everyone *is* an elite! That's a good point, I do get that impression from her. "YOU are an honest, hardworking person, and everyone else just wants YOUR hard earned money!"
rachael Posted November 2, 2009 Posted November 2, 2009 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='29 October 2009 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1256840982' post='1993403'] I like Poe. [/quote] Me too. And George Orwell, Plath, and pretty much anything messed up.
Nihil Obstat Posted November 2, 2009 Author Posted November 2, 2009 [quote name='rachael' date='02 November 2009 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1257180175' post='1995247'] Me too. And George Orwell, Plath, and pretty much anything messed up. [/quote] Hunting of the Snark?
Vincent Vega Posted November 3, 2009 Posted November 3, 2009 [quote name='rachael' date='02 November 2009 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1257180175' post='1995247'] Me too. And George Orwell, Plath, and pretty much anything messed up. [/quote] I like Orwell and Plath. And Kafka, though I haven't read much of him.
elizabeth09 Posted November 6, 2009 Posted November 6, 2009 (edited) I like Poe "The Raven." Edited November 6, 2009 by elizabeth09
T-Bone _ Posted November 8, 2009 Posted November 8, 2009 [quote name='elizabeth09' date='06 November 2009 - 09:37 AM' timestamp='1257525455' post='1997128'] I like Poe "The Raven." [/quote] I ran over a raven once.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now