saintbernie Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 I'll have to go with St. Pio and St. Anthony.
InHisLove726 Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 I love and adore the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Therese of Lisieux. Both have helped me tremendously, and have interceded for me several times.
Selah Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 The Blessed Mother of God, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Bernadette, St. Therese, St. Raphael the Archangel, St. Ignatius of Antioch, and while she isn't yet a Saint, my namesake, Bl. Ida of Louvain.
loveletslive Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 Padre Pio is my homeboy! Also St. Joseph of Cupertino has helped me on many exams and St. Gemma Galgani.
picchick Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 St. Joan of Arc is by far my favorite saint. I love studying her and learning about her life. I love watching movies about her and being able to tell people about her. She is my confirmation saint. Sometimes I feel that she chose me rather than me choosing her just because I changed my mind at the last minute and I knew pretty much nothing about her. So yep. St. Joan. After that I would have to say St. Jude because he has helped me through so many situations.
sacredheartandbloodofjesus Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 I think Mary tops all Catholics list of fav Saints so besides Mary...St.Benedict, St. Michael, St. Francis and St. Pio, and St. Jude oh and St. Therese.
Catholictothecore Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 St. Francis of Assisi because of his love St. Joan of Arc because of her courage St. Stephen the Martyr because of his faith (wow, didn't even know that one myself till just now when I thought about it) St. Mary, because of her closeness to Christ in all his human life. It's funny how all these saints are actually ending up in a book I'm writing...hmm...
Nihil Obstat Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 Mary, Maxmilian, and although she's not a said yet, Mother Teresa.
CatherineM Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 St. Damian of Molokai St. Catherine of Siena St. Bernard St. Margaret of Scotland St. Hubert (father of basset hounds)
Sojourner Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 [quote name='Archaeology cat' date='10 October 2009 - 10:47 AM' timestamp='1255186038' post='1982349'] St Monica [/quote] I her. If Little Dude turns out to be Little Dudette, I would love to name her Monica. A beautiful name in honor of a beautiful woman. St. Joan of Arc is my confirmation saint, and I love her as well. Also St. Jude, and St. Thomas Aquinas.
eagle_eye222001 Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 I don't know. I admire St. John Vianney. I mean, he basically went to a pagan town where three people went to weekly Mass and the rest went to the bar and got drunk, and within some number of years, he had a full church. Did so much damage that the devil specifically harassed him at night. St. Michael the Archangel....gotta go with a military general St. Maximilian Kolbe. Giving up your life like that......that's..... These are probably my top three.
zunshynn Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 (edited) Aside from Our Lady... St. Francis of Assisi St. Longinus Ven. Pope John Paul II Ven. Consolata Betrone Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity Bl. John Duns Scotus St. Maximilian Kolbe St. Clare of Assisi St. Bonaventure Bl. Giles of Assisi St. Agnes of Assisi St. Damian of Molokai St. Dominic Savio St. Margaret of Cortona More or less in that order. Is that too many? Edited October 10, 2009 by zunshynn
Chestertonian Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 St. Thomas Aquinas St. Francis Xavier St. Anselm
veggietales Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 I like St.Joseph, St.Peter, St.Therese, & though he is not a saint yet I love the story of Pope Pius xii.
Domine ut Videam Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 St. Teresa of Avila.....she's always got my back.
Apotheoun Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 St. Gregory Palamas and St. Ignatios of Antioch.
veggietales Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 [quote name='Domine ut Videam' date='10 October 2009 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1255208178' post='1982552'] St. Teresa of Avila.....she's always got my back. [/quote] I like her too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now