An Old School Catholic Message Board

Central Council of Anarchy

Sternhauser

Initiation of Violence.   

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='ThePenciledOne' timestamp='1282924270' post='2164098']
Well, most of society is like that otherwise we wouldn't have such fierce battles over this sort of thing. Of course this includes, Catholics that get trapped in this train of thought.

EDIT: I like how 17 people only understand only one definition of the word anarchy, apparently some cannot see out of the box or view it in the context of the other question as well...
[/quote]
I chose the definition which conforms to what anarchy would entail in reality, not in some utopian fantasy vision.

ThePenciledOne

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1282929919' post='2164172']
I chose the definition which conforms to what anarchy would entail in reality, not in some utopian fantasy vision.
[/quote]

Of course since most words have to be defined by what they mean in reality.

Last time I checked, the uniqueness of words is that they have all sorts of meanings, but yet the majority neglects to know all the meanings/definitions, allowing words to become stereotypes. This in turn creates the culture we are now in and isn't it a lovely culture?

un.privileged

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1282912043' post='2164011']
The deterioration is due in large part to a loss of rights regarding personal property.
[/quote]

This is just semantics. No anarchist I know reject "[i]personal[/i] property", not even the Anarcho-Communists.

un.privileged

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1282929919' post='2164172']
[/quote]

The definition of "Anarchism" which I choose is not only an end, but also a means, a process. It's not just people screaming out "Abolish the State" without any plans or strategies or any system to replace the State. That is chaos, which I define as a state where there are massive conflicts for power. Dorothy Day never shouted "The State must be abolished", yet she is in many respects, an anarchist.

[quote name='un.privileged' timestamp='1282964522' post='2164375']
This is just semantics. No anarchist I know reject "[i]personal[/i] property", not even the Anarcho-Communists.
[/quote]
1. I was only addressing your statement, not anarchy in general.
2. If one doesn't reject personal property, then perhaps one should not adopt communism.
3. I like turtles.

un.privileged

I am against Communism, but you must understand, Communists do not reject "personal property", they reject "private property" and proposes to expropriate all private properties in the hands of an all-powerful State or municipal bodies.

Edited by un.privileged

[quote name='un.privileged' timestamp='1283023818' post='2164614']
I am against Communism, but you must understand, Communists do not reject "personal property", they reject "private property" and proposes to expropriate all private properties in the hands of an all-powerful State or municipal bodies.
[/quote]
They are one and the same. That they draw the line before the very clothes you posess means very little. If the government can confiscate my "private" property at will then "personal" property means nothing.