Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

[quote name='apparently' date='22 October 2009 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1256264488' post='1989993']
For an Atheist you sure are opinionated about how aChristian may feel or think.

What’s up with that?
[/quote]
I used to be one.

Edited by Varg
ChildoftheCreator
Posted

It would seem to me that there would be a certain amount of worry either side you fall on. The Christian may worry about what they are doing wrong, although I find this a lot more enjoyable than worrying about if I will exist or not. I mean seriously if you do not believe in a God, what is the point of life? Sure, you can say that it doesn't matter and then go on and live your life however you want. But, really why does your existence matter? Why should you care about other people? Do humans have intrinsic value, or are we merely walking, breathing creations of evolution (this is not an argument against evolution seeing that I believe in it.)

If one does not believe in an afterlife, what do they fill this life with other than fulfilling their carnal desires and trying to forget that this is all life has to offer? I find this a much more depressing alternative. I am much more happy believing in a God, even if that God is only in the mind of the social imagination. And as for reason, what is the point if it doesn't ultimately lead to some transcendent truth. Is it only to make oneself feel better?

Anywho, I'm all for people expressing their beliefs and have no problem with atheists putting up signs in the subways. Yay for the first amendment! I do have a problem if these same atheists were to get angry at me for putting up a sign about my religion.

Posted

It makes sense that the Christian who gets comfort from Chrisitianity would stay a Christian and the Chrisitian who doesn't (and actually is only made to stress) would become an Atheist.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...