Brother Adam Posted October 24, 2009 Posted October 24, 2009 Do you struggle with looking at pornography or impure acts that often accompany it? Many men and many women do, Catholic and non-Catholic. At [url="www.whodoesithurt.com"]whodoesithurt.com[/url] there is a brotherhood of men who are helping each other overcome difficulties with pornography one day at a time. If you struggle with the sin, or if you have overcome the sin, or if you can just be a prayerful presence, consider joining up. They have an incredible Catholic priest there to offer Mass, prayers, and give advice to help you on your journey to freedom. I've been there offering encouragement, advice, and answering questions about the Catholic faith for a little while now and I can say this is a great resource. If you are addicted, don't despair, join the brotherhood, make each day a new day to live in God's love for you. Now is not the time for shame or for pride, its the time for true freedom. This is a men only website, and you can make any kind of obscure screenname you want so no one will be able to identify you. The point is that you come, share your struggles and make your battle cry, and start on the path to victory.
Slappo Posted October 24, 2009 Posted October 24, 2009 It isn't a men only website, there are resources for women on it as well, but the brotherhood and forums are men only. There are three different women who are writing for the site for women though.
jeffpugh Posted October 24, 2009 Posted October 24, 2009 My friend from my youth ministry team back home sent this link to everyone just this past week. It's getting around, which I'm glad to hear!
CatherineM Posted October 24, 2009 Posted October 24, 2009 There is also an online support group for [url="http://www.saint-mike.org/csgsar/default.asp"]Catholic Sexual Addicts[/url]
Gregorius Posted October 24, 2009 Posted October 24, 2009 I thought somebody here already posted a link to this web site in another thread. But yes, I found the site through PM and took a look. That is one good site.
N/A Gone Posted October 24, 2009 Posted October 24, 2009 Very good website. Thanks Adam. I wish this was addressed more with teenage boys so they did not fall into this addictive pattern.
rhetoricfemme Posted October 24, 2009 Posted October 24, 2009 This is a great resource for people. It reminds me a lot of [url="http://www.xxxchurch.com"]XXX Church[/url].
mcts Posted October 24, 2009 Posted October 24, 2009 [quote name='Slappo' date='23 October 2009 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1256352841' post='1990482'] It isn't a men only website, there are resources for women on it as well, but the brotherhood and forums are men only. There are three different women who are writing for the site for women though. [/quote] the fact that they didn't have anything LIKE the brotherhood for women kind of upset me. I was happy when i saw that there were women on there who were admitting that they had this addiction as well, so it seems like there should be some kind of "sisterhood".
Brother Adam Posted October 24, 2009 Author Posted October 24, 2009 The website is very new and I believe Matt is working on creating such a thing.
Brother Adam Posted October 24, 2009 Author Posted October 24, 2009 [quote name='Gregorius' date='24 October 2009 - 01:31 AM' timestamp='1256358694' post='1990550'] I thought somebody here already posted a link to this web site in another thread. But yes, I found the site through PM and took a look. That is one good site. [/quote] It has been posted, but for some reason I strongly felt the need to re-post it last night. At worst I wasted a little time for some readers, at best hopefully someone stumbled upon it and is getting the help they need.
StColette Posted October 24, 2009 Posted October 24, 2009 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='24 October 2009 - 09:04 AM' timestamp='1256389456' post='1990638'] It has been posted, but for some reason I strongly felt the need to re-post it last night. At worst I wasted a little time for some readers, at best hopefully someone stumbled upon it and is getting the help they need. [/quote] Right, it never hurts to repost or bump threads like this one that often get buried and forgotten.
BG45 Posted October 24, 2009 Posted October 24, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' date='24 October 2009 - 01:13 PM' timestamp='1256404394' post='1990694'] whom* [/quote] Is not the website's title.
Nihil Obstat Posted October 24, 2009 Posted October 24, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' date='24 October 2009 - 12:13 PM' timestamp='1256404394' post='1990694'] whom* [/quote] Rexi... Correcting people's grammar lost you 4 points today at least. How are we supposed to get your reputation to match your orthodoxy when you do stuff like this?
mcts Posted October 24, 2009 Posted October 24, 2009 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='24 October 2009 - 09:01 AM' timestamp='1256389302' post='1990637'] The website is very new and I believe Matt is working on creating such a thing. [/quote] sweet.
BG45 Posted October 25, 2009 Posted October 25, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='24 October 2009 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1256417505' post='1990761'] Rexi... Correcting people's grammar lost you 4 points today at least. How are we supposed to get your reputation to match your orthodoxy when you do stuff like this? [/quote] But it looks like he gained them back. I'll admit to giving one of them for the sheer lack of caring about people who suffer from the addiction or because of others with the addiction that are close to them. Edited October 25, 2009 by BG45
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now