Carrie Posted November 18, 2003 Posted November 18, 2003 Ok, I need to vent. I just went to lunch with some girls at work. One of the girls (who is openly wiccan) brought up the issue of partial birth abortion. She began to rant and rave about how George W. is infringing on the rights of all women and how banning partial birth abortion is the worst thing he could have done. She went on to bash people who feel that abortion is morally wrong and that they had no right to make choices for others. Now, as I listened to her rant, my blood was boiling. How dare she bash the little babies who people are killing everyday! When she was done, I calmly began to disagree with what she had said. I explained how abortion, no matter what, is murder plain and simple and murder is NEVER God’s will. And how at the minute of conception, there is a baby, not a fetus, but a real human being WITH RIGHTS. Needless to say, the other two girls jumped on her bandwagon (one claims to be Catholic, yeah right and the other is a Jehova’s Witness). They started trying to explain why they thought a woman had a right to kill an innocent baby. As I calmly struck down all their reasons with logic, they had nothing else intelligent to say, so they started with the “you’re just a religion freak” and “you’re so out of touch with the world” comments. I was really angry at their close-mindedness. I was angry that they had to resort to personal attacks. I was angry that they weren’t thinking about the innocent lives that are being destroyed everyday. Rather than blow up and say something I didn’t mean, I walked away. I don’t know if I did the right thing by walking away. Thanks for letting me vent.
Lil Red Posted November 18, 2003 Posted November 18, 2003 oh carrie! I'm praying for you. Whether you know it or not, you might have planted a spark of logic in their minds about this. Just pray for them that they might realize. Good for you that you walked away. Many people could not have done that.
Carrie Posted November 18, 2003 Author Posted November 18, 2003 Thanks Lil Red. That means alot! I will definitely pray for them, especially the girl who claims to be Catholic but is very obviously not. It just blows my mind...it really does!
ironmonk Posted November 18, 2003 Posted November 18, 2003 You're in my prayers, and they are too. It's a shame that so many people live such shallow lives. God Bless, Your Servant in Christ, ironmonk
Lil Red Posted November 18, 2003 Posted November 18, 2003 Carrie, I used to be like that. But I slowly changed. Some people must be praying for me! Seriously, though, you could be THE ONE to get her to change her mind. Just keep letting them know, and refute their arguments. YOU GO GIRL!!!!! :)
Carrie Posted November 18, 2003 Author Posted November 18, 2003 Thank you Ironmonk. Lil Red, you're right, so I'm not backing down. I've got some pro-life pictures and flyers at home. Seems like I'll be decorating my work area with them tomorrow. I guess I'm so upset because they really seem like nice girls. If I have to be the "religious freak" of the place, then so be it. When it comes up again, I'm standing my ground. I'm Catholic and PROUD!
littleflower+JMJ Posted November 18, 2003 Posted November 18, 2003 you go carrie! that was amesome!! and i know it must have been so hard too! you did great speaking up for the unborn!! im so proud of you!! you did your part, you spoke the truth to them. now we have to pray for these girls. remember, the doctor who started the pro-choice movement also changed...his PRO-LIFE TODAY!!!! anything is possible with God!! +JMJ
Carrie Posted November 18, 2003 Author Posted November 18, 2003 Thanks Flowery!! Also, the woman from Roe vs. Wade is Pro-life now. Amazing what a little truth can do.
PedroX Posted November 18, 2003 Posted November 18, 2003 Carrie, I know how it is. We social workers face a lot of persecution for daring to be pro-life. Its amazing how social workers are all about being open minded until a "hot button" issue comes up. Keep staying the course. Offer up the persecution in gratitude. peace...
Kilroy the Ninja Posted November 18, 2003 Posted November 18, 2003 Keep up the good work Carrie. Good work on not blowing up. Be subtle, calm and right!
Jake Huether Posted November 18, 2003 Posted November 18, 2003 Carrie, you go! Great job. It so amazes me how people try to rationalize murder. It's discusting. If you think there excuses are bad, you should talk to a doctor who actually saw an aborted "fetus" BABY HUMAN and still does it. It blows my mind! My prayers are with you, and them.
jmjtina Posted November 18, 2003 Posted November 18, 2003 Carrie you have my prayers!!!!! Good job!!!!!! They started to pesonally attack you b/c you held truth. That's what happens, but we must not let that stop us!!!! B) Thanks for venting b/c I went through the same thing. It's all about phamily support, and you have our support and prayers!!!!!
Carrie Posted November 18, 2003 Author Posted November 18, 2003 (edited) Thank you Pedro, Kilroy, Jake, and Tina! It really is wonderful to have phamily that understands and supports you! Edited November 18, 2003 by Carrie
nikkan_hanil Posted November 18, 2003 Posted November 18, 2003 Hmm. Hypocrytical about the Wiccan's sense of morality if you compare them to some of their beliefs. Then again, not really because most sects of Wicca believe in the following... "The 'True Path' is found in indulgence instead of abstinence." and "Do as thou wilt." These two views are also two very important parts of Satanism. It is much an irony that Satanists and Wiccans are widely feared because a lot of aspects of them (practices, beliefs, imagery) don't have any deep meaning besides "historical tradition". I would make it easier to understand, but I'd probably be exposing unwanted information on this forum... In any case, I'm glad that the Holy Spirit was watching you and you kep your cool. Fabulous work. :)
CatholicAndFanatical Posted November 18, 2003 Posted November 18, 2003 Carrie your in my prayers, good for you for sticking up for the unborn..if I was you I would grab your friend who claims to be Catholic and remind her that if a person who is Catholic sides with pro-death agenda's they are no longer Catholic. I actually went on a date about a month ago and this chick saw my Picture of Mary and my Crucifix in my living room and started bashing me saying I was wierd because I had a picture of Mary. I told her that She is our Mother..hehe But she started talking about this abortion she had and how she didnt feel guilty about it at all..I was amazed that I was in the presence of a murderer..sometimes I wish it was still an eye for an eye...grrr some people. Keep up the prayers and patience Carrie, eventually they'll grow up and see their error. God Bless, CatholicAndFanatical
nikkan_hanil Posted November 18, 2003 Posted November 18, 2003 I actually went on a date about a month ago and this chick saw my Picture of Mary and my Crucifix in my living room and started bashing me saying I was wierd because I had a picture of Mary. I told her that She is our Mother..hehe But she started talking about this abortion she had and how she didnt feel guilty about it at all..I was amazed that I was in the presence of a murderer..sometimes I wish it was still an eye for an eye...grrr some people. Aww man, that musta sucked. Probably would of made a sorry "Blind Date" episode, but that's alright cuz that show already smells of elderberries. :P
cmotherofpirl Posted November 18, 2003 Posted November 18, 2003 (edited) Dearie anytime they resort to personal attacks you know you have won the argument. Their pride simply keeps them from admitting it. THe CAtholic girl probably never thought about it, she just absorbed the culture of the moment and spouted it back to you. Catholic and fanatical if you ever talk to her again and the subject somes up again, explain how her and her baby would be looking forward to visiting Santa, picking out gifts for aunts and uncles, people would be saying she looks just like her mommy etc. Sometimes they need to see what exactly they have lost. Edited November 18, 2003 by cmotherofpirl
Faithful heart Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 I used to think like those girls. I wish someone like you could have set me straight. You did a great job sticking up for our babies. I agreeyou at least put an argument into their minds.
Dave Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 Carrie, I'm really sorry about what they said and did. But like other people on here have said, they resorted to personal attacks because deep down they knew you were right! They're just too prideful to admit it. Actually, my mom is the same way (no, she never was Catholic -- I'm a convert). She doesn't listen to my arguments against abortion and dismisses any argument I put forth as propaganda or as my "opinion." All my life my mom has always complained about me being hard-headed and that she can't tell me anything. Amazing how she has no room to talk . . . <_<
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now