An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Is Vee8?

dominicansoul

dominicansoul

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1291389102' post='2190621']
Nah most of the crowding is just Aquinas' butt. :o
[/quote]

:o

Don't you carmelites know anything about the after life??? Aquinas is NOT in his physical body in heaven just yet!!! And when he does get it back, it will be glorified...so...I'm positive, his butt won't be a problem!!!!!

:getaclue: vee!!!

In case anyone is wondering I replied to DominicanSoul's above post in chat. I think Ive been Excommunicated :P

Looking back I can see my time with the hermits had a theme song which somehow I had never heard before my visit. I didnt know the name of the song until Krissy mentioned it in chat and I was like AHA! Anyway here it is. If the vid doesnt work or you cant watch it for some reason its You Are Mine by David Haas.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMYP4uJAqY[/media]

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1291655834' post='2191232']
In case anyone is wondering I replied to DominicanSoul's above post in chat. I think Ive been Excommunicated :P

Looking back I can see my time with the hermits had a theme song which somehow I had never heard before my visit. I didnt know the name of the song until Krissy mentioned it in chat and I was like AHA! Anyway here it is. If the vid doesnt work or you cant watch it for some reason its You Are Mine by David Haas.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vMYP4uJAqY[/media]
[/quote]

OMG!!! I love this song.

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1291425083' post='2190835']
:o

Don't you carmelites know anything about the after life??? Aquinas is NOT in his physical body in heaven just yet!!! And when he does get it back, it will be glorified...so...I'm positive, his butt won't be a problem!!!!!

:getaclue: vee!!!
[/quote]

Who is to say that our "glorified" iimage is a thin one? Isn't that just our society's view that "you can't be too rich or too thin." In some societies, a "plumper body" is more beautiful. Many portraits from earlier times show women with actual curves. And, biologically, women tend to have more body fat and cellulite, so that in times of famine, a woman still is able to nourish her infant.

Personally, I've never noticed what Thomas Aquinas' body looks like. Under all those robes he wears, who can tell?

And, don't give me this stuff about thinner bodies being more healthy. In heaven, having a "healthy body" won't matter.

I don't know what my body will look like in heaven. All I know is that I will be happy with it.

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1291655834' post='2191232']
In case anyone is wondering I replied to DominicanSoul's above post (about Thomas Aquinas) in chat. I think Ive been Excommunicated :P

[/quote]

Well, if you've been excommunicated, that takes care of your decision about discernment. Although, there are Anglican Religious Orders cough cough--even Anglican Carmellites!

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1291671651' post='2191291']
Personally, I've never noticed what Thomas Aquinas' body looks like. Under all those robes he wears, who can tell?

[/quote]

My high school's patron was St. Thomas Aquinas---it was the name of the school. As such, there was St. Thomas [i]all over the place[/i]. There was even a bust of him in the office! But we had the ugliest picture of any saint I have ever seen of him in a prominent position. Very 1970s.

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1291673058' post='2191303']
Well, if you've been excommunicated, that takes care of your decision about discernment. Although, there are Anglican Religious Orders cough cough--even Anglican Carmellites!
[/quote]

I think there is ONE Anglican Carmelite. Singular.

(Or has Sister Teresa Irene gotten some more people to join her?)

Although if vee is fond of the eremetical life ...

:P

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1291674494' post='2191309']
My high school's patron was St. Thomas Aquinas---it was the name of the school. As such, there was St. Thomas [i]all over the place[/i]. There was even a bust of him in the office! [b]But we had the ugliest picture of any saint I have ever seen of him in a prominent position. Very 1970s[/b].
[/quote]

Was it worse than this one?
[img]http://schools-wikipedia.org/images/540/54065.jpg[/img]

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1291675437' post='2191312']
I think there is ONE Anglican Carmelite. Singular.

(Or has Sister Teresa Irene gotten some more people to join her?)

Although if vee is fond of the eremetical life ...

[/quote]

Ooooohhhhh :evil: Ive just thought of more things to write to a certain Sr. E about. Things she cannot reply to but will have to sit in her hermitage and stew over :evil: [i]Dear Sister E Since Ive left your hermits Ive been Excommunicated so I wont be joining the Catholic Carmelites (no not even Baltimore) or the Dominicans anytime soon, however, there is an Anglican Carmelite that might take me in. I think I will drop her a line.

edit to fix typo
[/i]

Edited by vee8

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1291682606' post='2191340']

Ooooohhhhh :evil: Ive just thought of more things to write to a certain Sr. E about. Things she cannot reply to but will have to sit in her hermitage and stew over :evil: [i]Dear Sister E Since Ive left your hermits Ive been Excommunicated so I wont be joining the Catholic Carmelites (no not even Baltimore) or the Dominicans anytime soon, however, there is an Anglican Carmelite that might take me in. I think I will drop her a line.

edit to fix typo
[/i]
[/quote]

ACTUALLY ... I do believe that the Anglican Carmelite has set up residence in the very very best Carmelite city in the country ...

Oh yes ...

BALTIMORE!!!

edit to fix typo
[/i]
[/quote]
LOL v8 -- DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!! :)

LaPetiteSoeur

[/quote]

Yep. Unfortunately, our STA looked very angelic with a background of light blue. It was awful!

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1291685810' post='2191344']
ACTUALLY ... I do believe that the Anglican Carmelite has set up residence in the very very best Carmelite city in the country ...

Oh yes ...

BALTIMORE!!!

[/quote]

Hehe, being from Baltimore, I've driven by the Baltimore Carmel many times. But before you disparage the area [i]too[/i] much, I just want to point out that Maryland also boasts Port Tobacco, the original carmel in the US, AFAIK. So [i]there[/i]....

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1291815264' post='2191566']
Hehe, being from Baltimore, I've driven by the Baltimore Carmel many times. But before you disparage the area [i]too[/i] much, I just want to point out that Maryland also boasts Port Tobacco, the original carmel in the US, AFAIK. So [i]there[/i]....

[/quote]

Actually, it's something of a running gag between vee, IT and myself. From the descriptions of the Baltimore Carmel I've heard (never visited myself) I think it sounds quite lovely, and if I were attracted to Carmel (which I'm not) they'd be zooming to the top of my list. IT is from a stricter school and has no patience for such things.

We play tug-of-war for the soul of vee.

IT seems to be winning.

Pout.

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1291842057' post='2191630']
Actually, it's something of a running gag between vee, IT and myself. From the descriptions of the Baltimore Carmel I've heard (never visited myself) I think it sounds quite lovely, and if I were attracted to Carmel (which I'm not) they'd be zooming to the top of my list. IT is from a stricter school and has no patience for such things.

We play tug-of-war for the soul of vee.

IT seems to be winning.

Pout.
[/quote]

rotfl Whoever gets my soul will be the one pouting saying oh thats it? I demand a refund!! The running gag of Baltimore and the Dominicans continued while I was at the hermits where IT would randomly say to me "so are you still going to the Dominicans" and Id reply "no, Baltimore!" and that would be the extent of the conversation. This would take place every couple of days or so with slightly different wording and brought up during especially demanding work etc.

I think I wrote before, Im too lazy to scroll up and reread my own posts, that the Carmel in B.C had said I could come visit anytime. I had previously asked if there was the possibility I could do a live-in. Anyway with some mis communication and missed mail later I get confirmation today that they only meant I could be on the outside if I do come to visit. Im disappointed by this news, and a bit embarrassed by my misunderstanding. Im going to mope for a bit. :sad2: Maybe its just a figment of my imagination but it seems as though God likes to give people a taste of Carmel then makes them go sit back out in the world for a year or two or ten as in the case of Edith Stein. If He wants to test my resolve its working and if He wants to listen to me complain He can have that too! :whine: God knows how much I admire and try to emulate the annoying neighbor who knocks persistently at the door in the night until the master of the house gets up, so if He didnt want me to do that He shouldnt have told the story! :P

rant over