An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gays In Military

dairygirl4u2c

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1337871964' post='2434393']
When I was in the military, I wanted the guys in the trenches to have my back, not my backside. sorry.
[/quote]

beautiful

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1337871964' post='2434393']
When I was in the military, I wanted the guys in the trenches to have my back, not my backside. sorry.
[/quote]

How would you have differentiated between the two?

I mean, I don't discuss every single sexual impulse I have with all of my friends and coworkers. I save those juicy tidbits for the "inner circle," so to speak.

Point being that not all gay men want to have sex with you, Groo. In fact, I'd venture to say that not all women want to have sex with you either. It's not an insult--it's just reality. I have platonic female friends, same as you probably do. I also have platonic gay friends that don't want to gaysex me too.

dairygirl4u2c

[img]http://plinkplunk.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/explanation-motivational-poster.jpg[/img]

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1337886072' post='2434456']
I mean, I don't discuss every single sexual impulse I have with all of my friends and coworkers. I save those juicy tidbits for the "inner circle," so to speak.

Point being that not all gay men want to have sex with you, Groo. In fact, I'd venture to say that not all women want to have sex with you either. It's not an insult--it's just reality. I have platonic female friends, same as you probably do. I also have platonic gay friends that don't want to gaysex me too.
[/quote]

you'd be surprised.....

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1337881681' post='2434435']
How would you have differentiated between the two?
[/quote]

if you don;t know the diff, you have bigger problems, my friend

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1337955565' post='2434690']
if you don;t know the diff, you have bigger problems, my friend
[/quote]

I know the difference. But if these gay soldiers kept their sexual orientation to themselves, how could you tell if they were secretly coveting your backside, as you so eloquently put it?

Groo the Wanderer

thats the point of DADT....oh wait. der fuhrer did away with that huh?

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1337979422' post='2434810']
thats the point of DADT....oh wait. der fuhrer did away with that huh?
[/quote]

That was not the point of DADT.

CatherineM

I remember my dad saying that he didn't care if the guy next to him was wearing lace panties as long as he covered him under fire. That was a pretty big statement for my very old school dad who being gay was practically a contagious illness. I think a gay guy must have been an army buddy or saved his life or something. Now my husband had a really bad experience in the Canadian army with seeing some guys doing stuff, and being propositioned. It shook him up pretty bad.

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1338044417' post='2435131']
I remember my dad saying that he didn't care if the guy next to him was wearing lace panties as long as he covered him under fire. That was a pretty big statement for my very old school dad who being gay was practically a contagious illness. I think a gay guy must have been an army buddy or saved his life or something. Now my husband had a really bad experience in the Canadian army with seeing some guys doing stuff, and being propositioned. It shook him up pretty bad.
[/quote]

No offense to your husband, but I really don't understand why that sort of thing would shake anyone up. As a woman, have you ever been traumatized by the advances of a man that you were not interested in? Doubtful, since all you have to do is say "No thank you," and the person will walk away. Same with gay men--I've been "propositioned" by a gay man at a bar once, and all I did was smile and say that I wasn't gay. He said "okay" and moved on.

As for the "seeing some guys doing stuff," I don't know. I wouldn't really want to see any of my heterosexual friends having sex together. Don't really see the distinction.

thessalonian

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1337794205' post='2434009']
We are talking about the military, correct? Not the Papal Army, or some sort of privately-funded morality police force. I have family and friends in the armed forces, and I've seen and read enough to know that activities that you pious folk would consider "gravely disordered" occur all.the.time.
[/quote]

Everybody does things that are gravely disordered. I have you have. Your "pious folk" comment is simple prejudice. I hardly see myself as pious in the way that you use the term. Many planks in my eye. I admit to grave disorder in my life. Those who don't are doomed to hurt themselves and others. When God's laws are broken we are too. Do you think that those who are in the military and cheat with wives of others in the milatary should be discipled. Why? Are you more pious than them? Things aren't gravely disordered in Catholicism and not gravely disordered outside of Catholicism no matter how much you may think so.