An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gays In Military

dairygirl4u2c

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1338237536' post='2436518']
I've been told by my gay friends that I would make for a very highly sought after "bear" if I were gay.

Btw, the difference between "bear" and "cub" in the gay world is the same as the difference between the 2 in the wild--age.
[/quote]

The terms are flexible. It can also just be a more youthful appearance and less hair.

Winchester

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1338227971' post='2436440']
So he's the bear and your the cub?
[/quote]
I'm not familiar with the language of your people, although I respect the artistry of both The Pet Shop Boys, and Elton John.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1338244778' post='2436614']

I'm not familiar with the language of your people, although I respect the artistry of both The Pet Shop Boys, and Elton John.
[/quote]

It's an honor to be compared in any way to you, good sir.

KnightofChrist

I wonder how many here would also disapprove of open homosexuals serving in the Swiss Guard? Hopefully more than 5.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1338246476' post='2436665']
I wonder how many here would also disapprove of open homosexuals serving in the Swiss Guard? Hopefully more than 5.
[/quote]

Point being? Not sure if this is relevant to this discussion, actually I'm pretty sure its not.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1338246581' post='2436667']
Point being? Not sure if this is relevant to this discussion, actually I'm pretty sure its not.
[/quote]

The point being is that the Swiss Guard is a military, and truth is not relative. It cannot be ok for gays to serve in the US military but not ok for them to serve in other militaries such as the Swiss Guard.

I don't believe most would approve of open homosexuals serving in the Swiss Guard because we haven't yet been conditioned by the left leaning establishment to approve of it as we have been conditioned to approve of it in our military.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1338247265' post='2436679']
The point being is that the Swiss Guard is a military, and truth is not relative. It cannot be ok for gays to serve in the US military but not ok for them to serve in other militaries such as the Swiss Guard.

I don't believe most would approve of open homosexuals serving in the Swiss Guard because we haven't yet been conditioned by the left leaning establishment to approve of it as we have been conditioned to approve of it in our military.
[/quote]

That doesn't make any sense. America is not the Vatican. I also doubt that the Vatican has Jews or Protestants or Muslims serving in the guard. By your logic we should therefore prohibit Protestants from our army. I have no problem with the Vatican prohibiting the openly gay men from serving in the Swiss Guard. The Vatican is a sovereign, theocratic state. It makes sense for them to put all sorts of restrictions on the men who serve in the Pope's Guard that would be utterly unacceptable in America.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1338247265' post='2436679'] It cannot be ok for gays to serve in the US military but not ok for them to serve in other militaries such as the Swiss Guard.
[/quote]

Yeah it can, because the Vatican is not the United States. If you are against gays in the military then you're going to have to come up with a better argument than that, because that doesn't even make sense.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1338247265' post='2436679']

[/quote]Is being gay itself immoral?

Do all gay people act on their inclinations?

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1338250435' post='2436723']
Is being gay itself immoral?

Do all gay people act on their inclinations?
[/quote]

Even that doesn't matter since by Knight's logic only single and Catholic Swiss men could be permitted to join the American Army. I think anyone can see why this would be problematic.

Edited by Hasan

well, for one, they're swiss, not american..

and then... oh wait, i see what you did there....

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1338251003' post='2436731']
well, for one, they're swiss, not american..

and then... oh wait, i see what you did there....
[/quote]

A friend of mine's cousin is moving from the Switzerland, where he is serving in the army, to the US to serve in the American Army. He's nominally Muslim (refugee from the war in Bosnia) but I guess if he converts he can function as our army.

Winchester

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1338246476' post='2436665']
[/quote]
That sounds like an infection risk.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1338246028' post='2436652']
It's an honor to be compared in any way to you, good sir.
[/quote]
Correct.

what about those men and women who admit to having premarital sex?

those who masturbate regularly?

those who procure a divorce?

those who conned and took advantage of the poor esp. widows, orphans and strangers?

those who have participated in the willful murder of the unborn?

Winchester

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1338251412' post='2436740']
what about those men and women who admit to having premarital sex?

those who masturbate regularly?

those who procure a divorce?

those who conned and took advantage of the poor esp. widows, orphans and strangers?

those who have participated in the willful murder of the unborn?
[/quote]
BURN THEM