An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Is The Mother Of All Youtubes, Watch.

Freedom

PhuturePriest

Why do you keep trying to provoke arguments? We have had this conversation in at least nine threads and possibly more. If you can't convince us in nine threads, what makes you think you can convince us with nine more?

Freedom, I like your style.
I see your video, and raise you one more.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JdBtebWvrJo[/media]

PhuturePriest

dUSt, I appreciate you in a very profound way. But stop feeding the troll before it gets so big it decides to kill you too!

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351628150' post='2500449']
Why do you keep trying to provoke arguments? We have had this conversation in at least nine threads and possibly more. If you can't convince us in nine threads, what makes you think you can convince us with nine more?
[/quote]
It's only an argument if you disagree.

Persistence is the muscle of hope.

It's important to Freedom and dUSt because they sincerely believe it is better for babies if Obama and the Democrats do not retain power in the White House for the next four years.

[/quote]
With all due respect, I still don't think you understand how bad Obama is.

[/quote]

Why do you keep trying to shut me up? Fyi, I'm here to stay.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351629166' post='2500461']
It's only an argument if you disagree.

Persistence is the muscle of hope.

It's important to Freedom and dUSt because they sincerely believe it is better for babies if Obama and the Democrats do not retain power in the White House for the next four years.
[/quote]

I agree that persistence is the muscle of hope, and in fact I am not as extreme as Aloysius or others in that I believe we would be better off with Romney as president. If I were of voting age I'm not sure I wouldn't vote for him. But I don't think Freedom is doing this the right way. Personal insults are never a good means of conveying your side of the argument, and this is the staple-point of her style of argumentation. Nobody is going to listen to her if she continues doing this. I also think making nine threads about it is also unwise. One thread is good enough, I think. After so many threads people just get bored of the argument entirely and they withdraw from it completely. I don't think this qualifies as a good argumentation tactic. I think the idea is to get people interested and to see your point of view, not to get frustrated and leave.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351628637' post='2500457']
dUSt, I appreciate you in a very profound way. But stop feeding the troll before it gets so big it decides to kill you too!
[/quote]

I'm not afraid of anybody because I know I have God on my side.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351628637' post='2500457']
[/quote]

One should feed the good troll, not allow the other troll to eat life and freedoms unabated.

ed

Edited by Ed Normile

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351629522' post='2500468']

Why do you keep trying to shut me up? Fyi, I'm here to stay.
[/quote]

I'm not trying to shut you up. You are more than welcome to give your argument. I don't believe in nine threads and personal insults, however. If you want to convey your message, convey it! :) I love to hear different arguments and I think you have some interesting ones. But don't be shocked when people have a different opinion and aren't swayed.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351629493' post='2500467']
With all due respect, I still don't think you understand how bad Obama is.
[/quote]

I fully understand how bad Obama is. I knew it from the start (I'm not sure I understood fully then, but enough that if you were at my house on election night you would have seen me and my ten year old self flipping off the TV). I don't like Obama and I want him out. As I have said previously on this thread I think Romney would be a better president and I'm not sure I wouldn't vote for him if I could. However, people must vote with their consciences that were formed with the faith. If others cannot by their conscience vote for either of them we should not attack them personally for it.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351629677' post='2500469']

I agree that persistence is the muscle of hope, and in fact I am not as extreme as Aloysius or others in that I believe we would be better off with Romney as president. If I were of voting age I'm not sure I wouldn't vote for him. But I don't think Freedom is doing this the right way. Personal insults are never a good means of conveying your side of the argument, and this is the staple-point of her style of argumentation. Nobody is going to listen to her if she continues doing this. I also think making nine threads about it is also unwise. One thread is good enough, I think. After so many threads people just get bored of the argument entirely and they withdraw from it completely. I don't think this qualifies as a good argumentation tactic. I think the idea is to get people interested and to see your point of view, not to get frustrated and leave.
[/quote]It's a sign of maturity (and developed Christian Charity) to [i]try[/i] and look beyond how the message is expressed, and try to hear the message. That's what two wrongs don't make a right, and turn the other cheek means. Freedom is caustic and grating in how she's conversing, but she is getting as much back with some dismissive and demeaning responses.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351629677' post='2500469']

[/quote]

Do you mean that a reply to your attacks is considered as a personal insult? And why is it that you're never at school when you're only 16? Something about you is very puzzling.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351629971' post='2500476']
It's a sign of maturity (and developed Christian Charity) to [i]try[/i] and look beyond how the message is expressed, and try to hear the message. That's what two wrongs don't make a right, and turn the other cheek means. Freedom is caustic and grating in how she's conversing, but she is getting as much back with some dismissive and demeaning responses.
[/quote]

I don't agree with all of the responses that she has been given, and I am sure I would not agree with some of mine that I gave. I have probably been too harsh and for that I apologize. I have great sympathy for Freedom because I was exactly the same way when I came here, and I got the same type of responses that probably cross the line somewhere. I replied with things that also crossed the line, and it went on like this until I got the message. I want Freedom to stay and I want her to enjoy herself here. I am a walking opinion and I can give you my insight on just about any issue you come to me with. But that doesn't give me a right to talk about it or talk about it in a way that is demeaning. I think if we all just calmed down and talked about this rationally we could all learn something.