An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your Catholic Iq Score

PhuturePriest

That is the best way to take a test. Get by on pure excellence, not some namby-pamby 'knowledge' or 'logic', or even worse, 'test-taking strategies'. Hah. Just take that test on, answer so flooping hard that the test bows before you.

Ironically, Nihil, I actually DID believe that, naive soul that I was, when I first entered college. 

I had the odd idea that exams were suposed to test what I really had learned during the semester, not what I could cram, and thought that craming was, well, undignified and a sign I hadn't been working all semester.  

But.... when my scores were SO BAD first semester, I was totally baffled how this could be!  Checked with my comrades... learned the sad reality of college expectations.  And about what footnotes, libraries, etc. were for.  Sigh.

Moved into nearly straight A's when i figured out that testing presumed heavy-duty-cram was part of the game.   Sigh.  Freshman year is a pain....

PhuturePriest

Good catch, but YOU KNOW what I meant  :wedgie:

Enjoy your book -- which one did you take?

I honestly don't remember...

HisChildForever

168. I blame the "religious nobles" and "anti-catholics" sections. Prayer, dogma, sacraments, special days 100%. I sort of lost interest halfway through though, especially when the font was super small and you had to use the drop-down to match definitions. I'm getting a free gift though - "Where We Got the Bible" lol

brianthephysicist

644360_10151523075107829_1928455272_n.jp

Messed up a fair bit (especially on the 12 apostles lol) but I thought it was fun.  Laughed at some of the snark, but after awhile it started to get a bit "umm...is this supposed to be funny or mean?"

Props for the free book.  I still have a bunch more on my list to read, but it's cool to see a new one coming in.  I might end up leaving it in the CCM office until I'm ready to read it, just in case someone else wants to borrow it.

Also, I checked out the parish high scores and apparently the guy that sets up the Catholic men's conference for the diocese scored a 200.

I got a 169.  Special Days was my worst section.  Heaven and Hell, Dogma, Anti-Catholics, Sacraments, and Miscellaneous were my best.  

Edited by Hasan

DiscerningCatholic

Took it again and got a 195...but my screencap thing won't work. :pinch:

The only person who got a 202 and published it was a priest. LOL

Wow that text was hard to read at points...

cathIQ.png

Edit:  Also woot for free book.  Went for Patrick Madrid's.

Edited by BG45

allis-challmers

I got a 159.  I took a lot of educated guesses on that one it was fun to take but there is a lot of questions that I really don't know and dont care.  Like the name of the battle that stopped the Muslims from sacking Rome and the names of Roman Caesars.  I should have know the names of the apostles 

Catholic IQ: 159 Section Correct/Total Possible Score Bible 25/37 (67.57%) History 13/15 (86.67%) Morality & Virtue 15/22 (68.18%) Heaven & Hell 9/12 (75%) Prayer 8/8 (100%) Dogma 9/9 (100%) Anti-Catholics 9/15 (60%) Sacraments 11/11 (100%) Mass 12/19 (63.16%) Special Days 8/8 (100%) Religious Nobles 13/15 (86.67%) Church Information 19/23 (82.61%) Miscellaneous 8/8 (100%) Edited by allis-challmers

Oh my goodness this test takes forever!

I will eventually finish it and Ill be the one representing the stupid people...

Oh my goodness this test takes forever!

I will eventually finish it and Ill be the one representing the stupid people...

Not necessarily on the stupid part, I was pleasantly surprised...some of the questions it's like "squint...darnit, there's 12 dropdowns".  I kept taking breaks because it took too long and I got survey fatigue.

The last question should  be "How long did it take you to answer this?"

And the time taken should directly correlate to your score.