An Old School Catholic Message Board

Woman, 29, Will End Her Life In Nov. 1

Ice_nine

If that poor girl who had terminal brain cancer before the age of 30 is in hell I want nothing to do with God and I say that with every fabric of my existence. I know Jesus is real from experiences I've had with him and I know he's love. Listening to how many Catholics over and over call this woman a coward it makes me sick. I literally am disgusted from all the self righteous judgemental slurs I am hearing from these people. These are the same self righteous hate filled people who wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery to death. And what did Jesus do he saved her life. These people are so caught up in the laws and rules they neglect love. It's ugly and after seeing this I do not blame a single person for wanting nothing to do with people that are this self righteous and hateful. Luke 9-14
Then he gave this illustration to certain people who were confident of their own goodness and looked down on others: “Two men went up to the Temple to pray, one was a Pharisee, the other was a tax-collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed like this with himself, ‘O God, I do thank you that I am not like the rest of mankind, greedy, dishonest, impure, or even like that tax-collector over there. I fast twice every week; I give away a tenth-part of all my income.’ But the tax-collector stood in a distant corner, scarcely daring to look up to Heaven, and with a gesture of despair, said, ‘God, have mercy on a sinner like me.’ I assure you that he was the man who went home justified in God’s sight, rather than the other one. For everyone who sets himself up as somebody will become a nobody, and the man who makes himself nobody will become somebody.”

Edited by Guest

Credo in Deum

If that poor girl who had terminal brain cancer before the age of 30 is in hell I want nothing to do with God and I say that with every fabric of my existence. I know Jesus is real from experiences I've had with him and I know he's love. 

God is love Josh, this is true.   God is also Justice and this is the part so many gloss over.  You advocate for a God who is 'merciful' to the point of indifference.   Indifference is neither mercy nor is it loving.

You prefer a priest not speak the truth? The sad reality Josh, is that while Brittany could be in purgatory the other side is that she very well could be in Hell.

I like how heaven isn't even considered. Catholicism the good news. Righhtttt.

God is love Josh, this is true. God is also Justice and this is the part so many gloss over. You advocate for a God who is 'merciful' to the point of indifference. Indifference is neither mercy nor is it loving.

Take all your justice talk and tell it to someone who gives two f's. If God puts a girl with terminal brain cancer in hell to burn for forever and ever because she freaked out and didn't wanna go through the pain we can't even comprehend then God isn't love. But Brittany isn't in hell she is with a loving God. I would say a lot more but I don't want to be permanently banned. Peace. Edited by Guest

Credo in Deum

I like how heaven isn't even considered. Catholicism the good news. Righhtttt.

Not only is heaven considered but also hoped for, for Brittany.  This is why despite what happened we pray for the repose of Brittany's soul.   Yet this hope we have for Brittany should not keep us from talking about the realities of Hell and the fact that we by our actions can go there.  Don't confuse sentimentality for truth, Josh. 

Take all your justice talk and tell it to someone who gives two f's. If God puts a girl with terminal brain cancer in hell to burn for forever and ever because she freaked out and didn't wanna go through the pain we can't even comprehend then God isn't love. But Brittany isn't in hell she is with a loving God. I would say a lot more but I don't want to be permanently banned. Peace.

This is interesting because Fr. Brian didn't say she was in hell and neither did I -or anyone else in this thread.   Yet you on the other hand are upset at those who will say she is in hell, but then you go and say she is in heaven.   Which one knows the state of her soul?  Those infallible people or the infallible Josh?  Sorry friend I will stick with the Infallible Church and hold hope in the mercy of God without claiming to know God's judgments or to make him some pie in the sky Father who is indifferent to the actions of His children. 

Dude seriously just be real for 5 minutes and drop all the b.s. I'm not saying hells empty. There are some pretty sick people. O the irony Brittany was sick too. She had terminal brain cancer and the super Christians and Catholics aren't satisfied she didn't tough it out to the very end. So she's a coward and maybe even in hell. If that poor girl is in hell I'm atheist from this minute on because I don't stand a chance before a God like that. I'm not infallible and never claimed to be but I talk to the Holy Spirit and Jesus and God and they let me know she's not in hell. You don't like that go get the stake and burn me on it. I won't be the first.

Edited by Guest

Credo in Deum

Dude seriously just be real for 5 minutes and drop all the b.s. I'm not saying hells empty. There are some pretty sick people. O the irony Brittany was sick too. She had terminal brain cancer and the super Christians and Catholics aren't satisfied she didn't tough it out to the very end. So she's a coward and maybe even in hell. If that poor girl is in hell I'm atheist from this minute on because I don't stand a chance before a God like that. I'm not infallible and never claimed to be but I talk to the Holy Spirit and Jesus and God and they let me know she's not in hell. You don't like that go get the stake and burn me on it. I won't be the first.

Josh how about you be real for 5 minutes and stop being swayed by emotions.   No one in this thread is saying she is in hell and no one is saying she is in heaven.  True Catholics are saying only God knows her heart and only God judges accurately, justly, and mercifully and that this is why we have hope and why we pray for her soul.  I'm not calling her actions cowardly, I'm calling her actions sad.   I also refuse to call her actions brave or courageous.   Also this statement "I'm not infallible and never claimed to be but I talk to the Holy Spirit and Jesus and God and they let me know she's not in hell." is a contradiction

You know Josh, God gave Brittany her life and she threw the last part of it back in His face - she said its ruined, I don't want it anymore. She let Him down. That's not something that we should say is okay. No matter how sick you are, you can't treat Jesus like that. She betrayed the human family, too. We're all suffering Josh. Her choice and the people her saying her choice was okay makes it harder for people bearing incredibly heavy burdens to keep soldiering on. 

Someone puts a gun to your head and asks if you're a Christian, and you buckle, and out of fear you deny Christ. And then that someone shoots you and kills you anyway, just for fun. Maybe the human race can't hold that against you, because nobody knows, faced with that kind of fear, whether they would buckle too. God wouldn't hold it against you either, since He knows you're made of dust. He knows human creation is weak and gets scared. 

But that doesn't mean what you did is okay. It doesn't mean there won't be consequences -- both for you in the next life and for the world you leave behind.

Brittany betrayed us, she betrayed God. Maybe its understandable what she did, maybe any of us in her position would do the same, we will never know unless God forbid we face that kind of illness ourselves -- but that doesn't make what she did okay.

Edited by Lilllabettt

Yea I'm done in here for now. I once again remember why I hate religion. But I'm made of dust so like you say hopefully God won't hold it against me. I'll just be in purgatory forever if I'm lucky but most likely hell. Hope you guys are good. Thanks for letting me vent. Godbless and peace be with you all.

I love how we are sitting back in our warm comfy houses discussing a terminally ill patient and pooing all over a decision we will never understand. lol

This woman is dying, how about you all zip it and leave her alone. Be grateful and praise God that you have more than 6 months to live. Use that time to do something amazing! 

Credo in Deum

I love how we are sitting back in our warm comfy houses discussing a terminally ill patient and pooing all over a decision we will never understand. lol

This woman is dying, how about you all zip it and leave her alone. Be grateful and praise God that you have more than 6 months to live. Use that time to do something amazing! 

You act as if she made this a private matter and that people invaded her privacy by talking about it when the opposite is true.  Brittany went public with her decision and used it to promulgate "death with dignity" laws and her belief that her choice was right and should be available to all.  By doing this she made all of us a part of her death so all of us have a right to weigh in on her actions.   Your "unless you support her choice you should shut it" position is BS and that's being generous.       

You act as if she made this a private matter and that people invaded her privacy by talking about it when the opposite is true.  Brittany went public with her decision and used it to promulgate "death with dignity" laws and her belief that her choice was right and should be available to all.  By doing this she made all of us a part of her death so all of us have a right to weigh in on her actions.   Your "unless you support her choice you should shut it" position is BS and that's being generous.       

I made no such insinuation. Even in these circumstances you can opt out for the sake of civility and charity you know. But I realize that people hunger for things to rip on so Im not surprised that this entire topic has suddenly been twisted into her death being an affront to your personal lives. 

I would have laughed uncontrollably had I not been so disgusted by half the of the stuff Ive read on here. Catholic Charity really does have its limits. 

I will be honest and tell you a couple hours earlier while arguing on here I hit like on the Brittany die with dignity Facebook page. The first post I went to was a post defending laws being passed for this and why they should be passed. I looked at the likes on the post I was reading right in plain sight it showed exactly 666. I then went and hit unlike on the page and took it as a direct sign from the Holy Spirit. So I'm not saying I'm for laws or anything like that. But I spent all morning on Facebook reading hateful post from Catholics calling this young woman a coward over and over again. I was really in amazement to read so much of ithe over and over. There was very little love or compassion for her. I know the girl is not in hell. Purgatory mabey. I understand you crusaders have to leave the hell option open but it's just ridiculous. It really is. Anyhow sorry for losing my temper. This was really sad and the sadness turned into anger from a bunch of pharisees throwing stones at a girls who's dead. A girl with terminal brain cancer who had two really sh***y options to choose from. I remember the gospel from over a month ago where Jesus are kind loving merciful Lord said the PROSTITUTES and tax collectors are getting into heaven before the self righteous hypocrites. So I'm pretty sure Brittany will get into heaven and probably a hell of alot quicker then all the Catholics who call her a coward and bash her in their vain glory and deceit. Lord have mercy on them for they know not what they do.

Edited by Guest