An Old School Catholic Message Board

Woman, 29, Will End Her Life In Nov. 1

Ice_nine

It's real simple don't call Brittany a coward and say she's going to hell. If you do that its a problem and I'm not just gonna bite my tongue and give a person the benefit of the doubt.There's no excuse for it and it isn't acceptable. Never.

Edited by Guest

God is love Josh, this is true.   God is also Justice and this is the part so many gloss over.  You advocate for a God who is 'merciful' to the point of indifference.   Indifference is neither mercy nor is it loving.

Mercy is a function of God's Justice.  He is Merciful because He is Just.

I rejoice with Joy that God alone is the Judge, not some of our fellow human beings.  We are all sinners with different backgrounds and circumstances and different human reactions to those situations - what makes my sin less serious than another's?

This does not and cannot cancel out the moral law - but it can make one truly Joyous that God is our Judge.

It's real simple don't call Brittany a coward and say she's going to hell. If you do that its a problem and I'm not just gonna bite my tongue and give a person the benefit of the doubt.There's no excuse for it and it isn't acceptable. Never.

Good grief ya got the Church Militant title and you don't understand all the bashing on this poor woman ?

I am more surprised to see you stunned by these judgements and the rationalizing of it coming from other catholics on here, or any where really, you should know why they say what they say it's a bit obvious.

I've got no bashing for her. I've got lots of bashing for those with agendas taking advantage of a vulnerable woman's pain and fear.

Is she in Hell? We don't know.

Is she is Heaven? We don't know.

Is she in Purgatory? We don't know.

Edited by tinytherese

I like how I'm expected by the Church to believe I can have a real personal relationship with the Holy Trinity and actually eat the flesh of Christ and drink his blood (which I do believe). Yet when I tell you I asked him a simple question about if Brittany is in hell and I tell you he said no you act as if I'm a heretic and out of my mind. That he would never answer me and that I'm insane to think he would. I find that very odd and almost laughable.

Edited by Guest

Credo in Deum

I like how I'm expected by the Church to believe I can have a real personal relationship with the Holy Trinity and actually eat the flesh of Christ and drink his blood. Yet when I tell you I asked him a simple question about if Brittany is in hell and I tell you he said no you act as if I'm a heretic and out of my mind. That he would never answer me and that I'm insane to think he would. I find that very odd and almost laughable.

I don't since we do not accept the Eucharist on our own Authority but by the authority of the Church which is the Body of Christ and which Has been given this authority by Christ himself to make definitive statements regarding faith and morals.

So basically Catholic understanding is I can't ask God a question and get an answer? So all the times I have I'm basically just imagining voices in my head?

Edited by Guest

Credo in Deum

So basically Catholic understanding is I can't ask God a question and get an answer? So all the times I have I'm basically just imagining voices in my head?

No! Catholic understanding is you can ask questions to God and compare your answers with His Magisterium.  If your answers do not jive then you my friend should be skeptical of your answers and you should obey the true authority on the matter, which is the Church. 

My answers jive with His Magisterium in the past and they jive on this one too. I guess I should keep my conversations with God to myself so I don't cause scandal. Especially when there are some SUPER catholics out there holding on to the hope God slams his fist down and says to hell Brittany you selfish coward !!!

Edited by Guest

Credo in Deum

My answers jive and they jive on this one too. I guess I should keep my conversations with God to myself so I don't cause scandal. Especially when there are some SUPER catholics out there holding on to the hope God slams his hand down and says to he'll Brittany !!!

I'm sorry but you are, IMO, acting way to emotional about this.  No one here is wishing hell for Brittany.  I cant speak for people on Facebook, but for you to attribute the actions of those who would do such a thing with orthodox Catholics, is about as reasonable as viewing Judas' actions as the norm for every Apostle.  You are not acting rationally.  Furthermore your answers do not jive with the Church since the Church has not made a definitive statement on where Brittany is. 

The only thing you have said which I agree with is that you are in danger of causing scandal especially since you have the title Church Militant, when your behavior towards the Church has been very Protestant.