An Old School Catholic Message Board

Update And Info Thread.

maximillion

Hello.

First let me say a massive thank you to all who have been supporting A and myself through your prayers thoughts and well wishes.

It is not good.......As AL said in prayer room, there is massive spread throughout A's abdomen and no real treatment is indicated. He may have some chemo to make him a little more comfortable, we will go to see about this on Tuesday 27th.

He has been in a great deal of discomfort....fortunately the new painkillers seem to be helping with that so he is once more able to move about a little and today has gone out in a wheelchair with one of his friends.

At times I fee a great deal of despair and anger. It seems so unfair that at 33 A's life is virtually over. 

I will use this thread to keep people updated - please use as you wish and I value your contributions and messages. I am not able to be online much.

Maxi.

The new meds are proving to be very effective and A is in a much better place today....and I have had a much needed rest.

Thanks once more for the prayers.

Hello.

First let me say a massive thank you to all who have been supporting A and myself through your prayers thoughts and well wishes.

It is not good.......As AL said in prayer room, there is massive spread throughout A's abdomen and no real treatment is indicated. He may have some chemo to make him a little more comfortable, we will go to see about this on Tuesday 27th.

He has been in a great deal of discomfort....fortunately the new painkillers seem to be helping with that so he is once more able to move about a little and today has gone out in a wheelchair with one of his friends.

At times I fee a great deal of despair and anger. It seems so unfair that at 33 A's life is virtually over. 

I will use this thread to keep people updated - please use as you wish and I value your contributions and messages. I am not able to be online much.

Maxi.

I have been keeping up with your news but have not been logged in.  I am so sorry.  You are both in my prayers. 

Glad he is feeling better, but no it doesn't seem too fair.   Agreed.  Glad you were able to get some rest and take care of you.  :hug:

Glad to hear that the new meds are helping a bit. I will be praying for you and asking Mary to support you both through this.

Latest update.

I saw A's scan yesterday and it was terrifying. The prognosis is very poor, but he is having chemo, including some of the newest blood supply blocking drugs, which may give good symptom relief and can even prolong his life a little. Failing a miracle of immense proportions though, these are very probably his last few months.

There are big issues with him and his family of origin, and his mum in particular is throwing lots of stuff his, and my, way. Some prayer for peace for his sake would be very welcome, as would support for me. He will be here with me until the end or untill he needs hospice care.

Yes, prayer, prayer please. Thank you......

Aaron starts chemo tomorrow, praise God! It is not too soon. The past two weeks have been awful as he has struggled with vomiting, pain and a growing anger...mainly directed at me because I am the one who is around.

He wants and needs to move out of this flat, for both our sakes, but has been told there is no suitable accommodation and social housing wont pay to adapt a flat for someone who might not make it to Christmas......this means he will have to go into residential care, something he has not yet been told. His increasing needs mean I am less and less able to give him the care he requires and the hospice will only take him for a couple of days, as he is not yet actually dying.

It is hard for us both.

Prayers would be appreciated. 

Thanks pham.

Prayers.

His living situation reminds me of how hard it was for the Holy Family to find a place to stay at Christmas and The Lord provided.

Edited by tinytherese

That is so hard, Max, hard on you AND hard on Aaron.   You need to take care of yourself, even if that means he has to go to a residential care situation.  

Even if not ideal, it will still mean people who can do the physical care of him, and you can focus on just being together when you are there.  

Praying for wisdom and courage for both of you..... :sad:  :( :hug: :pray:

Thank you everyone, thank you all so very much.

The line went in yesterday - the bit he was dreading, and chemo started three hours ago with no ill effects so far.

One good thing, the steroids have massively reduced the inflammation in his colon and liver so he is no longer being sick and is eating everything in sight!

Please keep up the prayer....

The first chemo is over.......

So far, no awful side effects, praise God, though he is pumped full of steroids.

It is his birthday today, which is bittersweet. I feel so much for him as he wonders if he will ever see another birthday, at age 34.

I have some things to be thankful for. The housing people are really pulling every trick to find him somewhere, which is great.

His mum was nice to me at the hospital - a first.

This treatment is costing £8000 just for the drugs. That is 8000 x 6 = $152000. On top of that is nursing care, 24/7 pain control support, 17 other drugs daily......I am very conscious of not having to bear this cost. Well, we just couldn't! The massive amount is because he is having the most modern drugs - the ones that interrupt blood supply to the growths. If he were 55 he would not get them, he gets them because he is young and because we live in the UK.

I am thankful for little Minoos, the black kitten we have, who daily makes Aaron smile when there is not a great deal to be smiling about.

I am thankful that social security checks have arrived, greatly easing our financial circumstances and meaning I am not supporting him on my own any more.

I am thankful that I am finding that even in this circumstance, there are things to praise God for.....

Please keep praying...the effects are obvious.