An Old School Catholic Message Board

Update And Info Thread.

maximillion

Oh, Maximillian!   

Such a beautiful post!

God is good, and so generous with us.    I'm glad you are able to celebrate A's birthday and that so-far at least, you are all getting along today.  

That does sound like most state-of-the-art chemo.  If he's getting all those steroids as well, be prepared -- he may be VERY awake and VERY extroverted in the first 24-48 hours of going on them (My husband was crazy-awake-and-wanting-to-go-go-go!) when he was on those!    Very unlike Mr AL, but very typical of the people who were in our support group.  It won't last forever, but it is a wild ride!  Hopefully he (and you!) can tolerate the chemo and the steroids and they buy you both some good time and good times!

Praying for you two and for ALLL the people who are helping to support you -- the 'boots on the ground' staff there with you in person, and the 'reserve troops' around the world and the 'brethren and sistern' who are with God (angels and saints, perserve us...).... we're all in this together with you, and praying hard for you.  

Let us know how we can help support you, ok?

I cannot thank you all enough, you and all of the prayer support I know is being pulled in across the world and in communities and from people I will never know and never meet in this world.

It is my beacon and my strength in the dark watches of the night when I cannot pray but only cry and grieve, a shaft of light that somehow enters my soul with grace and brings some peace, and sleep once more.

Please do post here, anyone who wants to, your messages and thoughts are very valuable in letting me know I am not alone.

I pray for all of your intentions - when I can.

I will light a candle for A, you, and all involved when I go to Vespers tonight and Liturgy tomorrow. Thinking of you!

You're not alone. Having been a foster parent, I know that feeling of loving them yet always thinking people don't think your love is quite the same since you didn't give birth to them.

Max,

Know that  am praying for all of you.....and I've got my Malta group praying as well.  I know I don't have to tell you this, but.......please take time to take care of yourself.  It's not selfish, but prudent. :)

Spem in alium

Keeping you and A in my heart and in my prayers - especially tomorrow. May your day be filled with great peace and many blessings!

Birthday blessings, Max!!!!!!  

:cake:  :blowkiss:  :guitar:  :congrats:  :guitar: :blowkiss: :cake:

And... little Minoos sent me a video for you .... was too shy to give it to you himself....

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsRjASOU3qo[/media]

And I will be praying ESPECIALLY for you!!!!!    :heart:  :pray: :heart:

Edited by AnneLine

Three units of blood yesterday have given A his energy back, it is lovely to see him sitting in an armchair once more! Praise God and thank you for the prayers.

Second chemo session starts today. 'A' is feeling much better, in part due to a blood transfusion he had on Friday.

However, I also wanted people to know that he has now been found a flat which is adapted for a disabled person and that will be available soon. In addition, his oncologist has said today that A has had a very good response to the chemo. This response was 'beyond expectations'.

God is good!

If this response continues then he will have a liver biopsy in order to give information so that specific new and experimental drugs can be targeted to the growths in his liver. This will not be a cure.....but it may give a much better prognosis and length of life expectancy.

Thank you ALL for your prayers on our behalf, know that your intentions are mine.

Please continue to pray.

Thank you.