An Old School Catholic Message Board

Miles' Adventure Countdown Thread

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

This thread has found itself in a state I could not have hoped for in my wildest dreams.

Continue on, weaboos!

PhuturePriest

It is the eve of my departure. In 12 hours, I will be flying in the sky, and in sixteen hours I will be settling into my new home. 

98579d4d0778705f839178dc6da1cdabee2f44c6

It is the eve of my departure. In 12 hours, I will be flying in the sky, and in sixteen hours I will be settling into my new home. 

98579d4d0778705f839178dc6da1cdabee2f44c6

Yay wishing you all the best Miles! :):)

PhuturePriest

Ah, adventure: it is an unpredictable and exciting mistress. My flight was cancelled and rescheduled for 3:41. As I'm a very laid-back person I didn't really care, but Michael Voris wanted me to demand that I get an earlier flight with another airline. :P

I'm surprised that they have you going up before the 4th, it would seem to make more sense to me to have you come up after the holiday weekend. 

PhuturePriest

I'm surprised that they have you going up before the 4th, it would seem to make more sense to me to have you come up after the holiday weekend. 

You're not the first person to say this, I assure you.

Ash Wednesday

Miles,

What you are feeling reminds me of two things: when I first left America to study in London, and when I left America the second time and finally arrived to get married and live in the UK.

When I first came to my residence hall, it was located right next to an Underground station near the heart of London. It was loud, felt dangerous, gritty, and I felt like some country girl straight off the turnip truck. Probably more diversity I'd seen within a span of minutes than what I'd seen in years, including some big black dude preaching and yelling "REPENT, THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND!!!!" 

It was late at night and I had no bedding and no way of purchasing any because the stores were all closed. I had to sleep on a bare bed. I literally took the curtain and used it as a blanket.

And when I came to the UK permanently I just sat in my room and I realized I had actually left my country behind, and everything familiar to me, and unlike studying, I realized that THIS was permanent. And I thought "WHAT HAVE I DONE?"

This was clearly something that is meant to be in your life's path, so I can understand the feelings of terror and excitement at the same time. But trust that whatever happens will be for the best.