An Old School Catholic Message Board

Stop the '80's!

jimbo

There will be no stop to the '80's! It was one of the bestest decades ever. First of all I came into being. Also great things like my sister, the destruction of the Berlin Wall, Ferrish Behuler, The Breakfast Club, Wham!, and ankle warmer....

Wait scratch ankle warmers. But the rest of it was AWESOME!! (See VH1 for more information!)

[quote name='jimbo' date='Feb 24 2005, 03:53 AM'] Dudes...he's dressing like him AND wearing stubble...it's wierd! [/quote]
:lol:

Let him be, I would wear Scout trooper armor if I had any.

[quote name='shelly_freak' date='Feb 24 2005, 01:41 PM'] <<<Product of the 80s [/quote]
The 80's is so overrated. At my school there are tons of emo and prep girls who think that they know so much about the 80's but the only thing that they can probably remember about it was crapping their pants because they were still in diapers. Passing fad.

FranciscanRocker25

[quote name='nikkan_hanil' date='Feb 24 2005, 08:40 PM'] The 80's is so overrated. At my school there are tons of emo and prep girls who think that they know so much about the 80's but the only thing that they can probably remember about it was crapping their pants because they were still in diapers. Passing fad. [/quote]
hahahahahaha :rolling:

Esp. when they're born in 1989 or something and they're like, "Oh yeah, I am like totally from the 80's. They like so totally rock!" AHHH

Peace,
Caroline

I vaguely remember the 80's I was born in 86', and I remember my first birthday. I remember beta max tapes...side ponytails...hightops...stuff like that...

jc is 4 Jesus Christ

ya i was born in the 80's... late 80's... but nonetheless... the 80's. all the 80's fads are back in now like... leg warmers(which are totally hot!!!) those baby blouse things... ya know the ones with a stretchy top and it looks like a really short dress but u wear pants under them?... i can't remember what they're called... oh well leg warmers are better ne wayz... lol

argent_paladin

As someone who actually had his glory days in the 80's (when the decade began I was 5, when it ended, I was 15), allow me to say that they, in fact, did rock. I remember my brother moonwalking with a multi-zippered jacket. I remember the Motley Cru - Wham! fights at my school. I remember the feathered hair and denim jackets. It was much more fashionable than the 70s and the music was cheesy but fun.
It was strange being in college in the early 90's. I got there in 1993 and everyone knew the 80's but it was just there. But by 1998, when I was graduating, there were eighties parties, which made me feel really old. Anyway, the 80s were better than the 90s and better than today, in terms of a common trend of fashion, music, etc.