An Old School Catholic Message Board

I want to be a priest

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Ora et Labora

ya i know...i had 3 lessons of math to do today, and now i have 1/2.

theres no such thing as a homeschooler being caught up. ;) were you ever home schooled? would you want to?

i have never been homeschooled. I think it would be cool if i had a homeschool group.

do you get homeschooled for relegious reasons?

Slave_of_the_Trinity

J.M.J.

Hey Guys i wrote a while ago but im back. Sam, i just wanted to check up and see if you were still persevering with your vocation? Ive been praying for you that the Trinity may enlighten your mind and fortify your soul. Be strong and never forget what a blessing a vocation to the priesthood is.

Guest JeffCR07

Sam, I think you should also look at or visit the Dominicans (Eastern Province). Their House of Studies is in DC, so it wouldn't be that far of a drive. (I'm in Annapolis). The brothers and priests are all very orthodox and extremely Thomistic ;) so I think you'd like them. The Dominican spirituality is focused on four things: Liturgy, Community, Study, and Preaching, so they are equal parts contemplative and apostolic. I'll keep you in my prayers!

Your Brother In Christ,

Jeff

missionseeker

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Dec 19 2005, 10:19 AM']oh...the jesuits...

how do you like them sam? i personally dont know.  :unsure:

but fr. pacwa is a jesuit and the best!
[right][snapback]830488[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I've met Fr. Pacwa. My parents' preist is friends with him. (i think [i]he[/i] has a show on EWTN like once a month, Fr. James Dean. Iknow he's been on before) so he said a Mass there. And my little brother (3 years) always gives Father (no matter what priest it happens to be, he always gives the priest a hug.) He mistook Fr. Mitch for Fr. Dean and Fr. Pacwa got down on the ground and almost picked him up but he ran away.

:priest:

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Dec 20 2005, 06:30 PM']i have never been homeschooled. I think it would be cool if i had a homeschool group.

do you get homeschooled for relegious reasons?
[right][snapback]832196[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yes. the whole homeschooling curriculum is catholic...seton. ever heard of it? they teach you very traditional religion too! yay! haha

i love your icon, sam! :)

yes i think i have heard of seton sounds cool.

my fundementalist pentecostal cousins are homeschooled, but not with seton :lol:

Is the program named after Saint elizabeth ann seton?

she lived in Baltimore where i Am and set up a school here, and her national shrine is in Maryland.