An Old School Catholic Message Board

I want to be a priest

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='passionheart' date='Jan 1 2006, 03:53 PM']Sam,

I see that you are from Baltimore and I thought since Baltimore is much bigger Diocese than mine (Ottawa, Canada) surely someone must celebrate the Tridentine Rite. Yes, in Ottawa we have the FSSP and a church dedicated to the celebration of this Rite.

I went on the website for your diocese and St. Alphonsus ( a saint who I quite like by the way so maybe this is a good sign!!) celebrates the Tridentine Rite as well as masses in Lithuanian. Have you checked them out??

I have attended the Tridentine Rite Mass here and I liked both the High Masses and the Low Masses. I asked my friend if someone there teaches Latin because the Nuns I am discerning with sing the Office of the Readings, Lauds, Vespers and Compline in Latin.

Blessings in 2006,

DonnaMarie
[right][snapback]842643[/snapback][/right]

[/quote]
The do not offer confirmation and are an indult, not FSSP.

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Jan 3 2006, 07:47 PM']What does "indult" mean again?
[right][snapback]844940[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
[url="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07789a.htm"]Pontifical Indult[/url]-- special permission from a bishop to do something not ordinarily allowed.

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Jan 3 2006, 11:42 AM']That would really annoy me too...but you know I'm praying for you and just keep at it.

I bet your doing fine.

I dont like Science or Math either...lol

The subjects I have are Biology, Math, World Literature (my favorite,) World History, Spanish, English and Religion!

I like Religion too. Its easy. lol
[right][snapback]844506[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I dont like Science, but I dont really mind Math....I have jazz band (i play trumpet, its awesome), chemistry (not fun), concert band, speech, world literature, algebra II, new testament (i dont know about this class yet cause its a one semester class...but usually the religion classes at my school arent fun cause my teachers dont always know what they are talking about)... and then german and german is my favorite class

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Jan 3 2006, 11:42 AM']That would really annoy me too...but you know I'm praying for you and just keep at it.

I bet your doing fine.

I dont like Science or Math either...lol

The subjects I have are Biology, Math, World Literature (my favorite,) World History, Spanish, English and Religion!

I like Religion too. Its easy. lol
[right][snapback]844506[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i am actually doing well without putting in that much effort. the lowest grade i got was an 87 in english. I love history the best. English can be really great or really bad depending on the teacher.

i wish i could take a relegion class.

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Jan 1 2006, 04:28 PM']haha

ive never seen snow...
[right][snapback]842624[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

that's a sin! :lol:

i live in buffalo, and i can truly say:

hell doesn't have fire, it has snow!

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 4 2006, 05:25 PM']i am actually doing well without putting in that much effort. the lowest grade i got was an 87 in english. I love history the best. English can be really great or really bad depending on the teacher.

i wish i could take a relegion class.
[right][snapback]846022[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

youre like my dad then...he didnt have to work [i]that[/i] hard in college to get a great grade!

lucky... <_<

ya, having religion class is great.

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend checking out the Institute of the Incarnate Word--I'm entering the novitiate for them in the Fall. Their website is www.iveamerica.org, and if you're bored, I've posted some stuff about them on my blog at [url="http://www.danielvitz.blogspot.com"]www.danielvitz.blogspot.com[/url].

God bless, and good luck!

D'oh! I forgot to mention--they work in large part as parish priests where the need is great (for example, Olmsted invited them into Phoenix recently), but they also have guys who are seminary professors at both their own seminaries (they have their own houses of formation) and diocesan seminaries, and technically speaking their charism is pretty broad-based. Anyway, they're going great guns--they were founded in 1984 and have about 300 priests (and 700 sisters) in over 30 countries now...

St. Phillip Neri is one of my favorite saints. I actually highly doubt that i will be a priest.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 15 2006, 06:51 PM']St. Phillip Neri is one of my favorite saints. I actually highly doubt that i will be a priest.
[right][snapback]857105[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

me too.....

sorry folks, im still upset!