An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help

A0N7G

cmotherofpirl

One of the most disturbing things we learn when growing up is that we can no longer fix something by a simple "I'm sorry". and a quick hug. The possibilities of adult love relationships include real and lasting consequences as well as the possibilities of great happiness. Usually it is a mixture of both.

Relationships are hard at any age, but particularly fragile when you are still working out who and why you are. THe person you are at 18 is not the person you will be at 21.

Growing up is hard work, and doesn't stop at any certain age. It consists of making mistakes, dissecting them, and moving on. The trick is not to make the same mistake twice, and learn something each time. It is also an error to go to extremes and swear off relationships, decide to become a nun, or say your will never love again. This sense of balance comes, unfortunately, with trial and error, and the passing of time.

If you confess your sins they are forgiven. Period. Going over them again and again doesn't change that. Forgiveness does not depend on feelings.

Bitterness is eased by praying for that person every single day. You don't have to love or like them, but pray sincerely for their welfare. Every day. Also analyse the relationship and see what you contributed to whatever problems you had. Honesty for both parties involved, is the best and hardest part of any relationship.

God puts people in our lives for a reason. We either learn from them, or will be responsible for teaching them something. I have learned people repeat their mistakes until they learn whatever lesson God had in mind. He is very patient about repeating lessons until we catch on.

The lessons never stop coming until we get to heaven.

THe problems don't get any easier, but remember we have God Himself on our side.

ya know ToV....I think almost all of us have been there. Well at least I know that BR & I have. I have been reading this thread & it's actually good that she feels bad, she should.....but she should also find th guts to face what she did, & it will take a long time if you agree to forgive her & to be friends with her again, but she needs to face what she did wrong. Have you heard the song from Linkin Park that says "I've tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." " I put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go, for all this there's only one thing you should know......" Yea well that is DEFINATLY the song for you, me & BR!!!

TempleofVesarius

nah

I found my new window to look thru the situation last night at wall mart on the 10 dollar cd rack.

the new eve 6 cd

songs called at least we're dreaming

"When do we get to the part where I can go home,

been hiding inside the jungle gym for way too long

wiatin for someone to come along and find me

live in an apartment that bums me out

it don’t get better when the lights go out

swimin through the isles at the grocery store

I don’t even know what im lookin for

to the corner to call collect

your mother wants to know are you happy yet

wiatin for someone to come along and find you

goin out at night lookin for distractions

sleepin through the day theres no redemption

wiatin for someone to come along and find you

at least im breathin

at least im alive

as long as im dreamin

everythings gonna be alright"

hyperdulia again

Promise rocks...

Inside Out yeah...

Both of those songs are near occaisions of sin for me...don't ask why.

TempleofVesarius

nah best Eve 6 songs ever...next to the one just posted

OPEN ROAD SONG

ANYTIME(from the OUT COLD sndtrk)

i mean they are like classic

IcePrincessKRS

I love those songs, too, bro., I just mentioned those 3 because they are the ones that hit the radio so people should recognize them. I also love "Superhero Girl." I think thats partly just because I have dyed my hair black, though. lol

TempleofVesarius

dUSt....I motion this thred be stricken from the record books...ie taken off the phorum....there is no need for it, its just keeping the past alive.

thanks

dUSt....I motion this thred be stricken from the record books...ie taken off the phorum....there is no need for it, its just keeping the past alive.

thanks

I second that.

IcePrincessKRS

You might want to send him a personal message on that... just to be sure he sees it. ;)