An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are You Pro-life

slickchic34

Are you Po-life  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[b]Whats your view on Abortion[/b]

Not to get to deep into the topic, however I think it should be available for rape, incest and to save the life of the mother if she so chooses. Any other situations I don't see it having a justification.

[b]What are you views on Youth in asia[/b]

*Euthanasia* I see no problem with it. If a person doesn't want to live for whatever reasons they choose, it should be there choice if they want to die or not.

[b]What are you views on Contraception[/b]

I support it. I see no problem with it.

Edited by S][N

[quote name='Didymus' post='1325657' date='Jul 12 2007, 10:22 AM']contraception makes the marital act imperfect, and creates a blemish because the husband and wife cannot fully give of themselves when a it is present.[/quote]

How so? Does contraception somehow dissolve the love and affection between two people?

[quote name='gilly-boo' post='1401211' date='Oct 12 2007, 06:08 PM']I'm totally pro life the way i see it God creates life and [b]ONLY [/b]he can take it away...[b]simple as that!![/b]
I'm VERY proud to be from a country ([b]Ireland)[/b] were abortion is [u][b]ILLEGAL[/b][/u] very very proud!! :lol_roll:[/quote]

Well, from what I've heard, it actually isn't illegal to have an abortion in Ireland.
It's just very difficult, as is this case in Poland as well, for example, but it isn't illegal.

I might be wrong, but I've heard that there is only an African nation that are completely against abortions.
Oh, well, according to Wikipedia there are two or three countries in the world that has anti-abortion-laws.
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_law"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_law[/url]

EDIT: And, of course, as a Christian, I am totally against abortion! But, when the woman's life is endangered, there must be some debate over it I guess... But that must be the only exception.

Edited by minutz3

• 2 weeks later...
Ora et Labora

I'm a member of an amazingly awesome Pro-life Youth Group in the Houston area. We are known as the COOL: Catholic Organization of Life! :D I try to do as much as I can to help end our culture of death! There's never enough that we can do!!

Ora et Labora

[quote name='S][N' post='1406099' date='Oct 20 2007, 12:58 PM']
[b]Whats your view on Abortion[/b]

Not to get to deep into the topic, however I think it should be available for rape, incest and to save the life of the mother if she so chooses. Any other situations I don't see it having a justification.

[b]What are you views on Youth in asia[/b]

*Euthanasia* I see no problem with it. If a person doesn't want to live for whatever reasons they choose, it should be there choice if they want to die or not.

[b]What are you views on Contraception[/b]

I support it. I see no problem with it.[/quote]

So, a baby stops being a baby when it it comes from rape?? Is that even LOGICAL?! I don't care what you say, if you believe this, you aren't even a little pro-life...you either are or you are not. A baby is a baby, and Abortion is murder! Period. There are no..."well, if it is this way...then it doesn't count!" You might as well be saying, if a girl is raped, then she doesn't have a baby! She has a blob of...whatever y'all say it is. And then if a girl is married...THEN it's a BABY!! yes, that makes perfect sense.

:mellow:

• 3 weeks later...
Roamin Catholic

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1416580' date='Nov 9 2007, 12:49 PM']So, a baby stops being a baby when it it comes from rape?? Is that even LOGICAL?! I don't care what you say, if you believe this, you aren't even a little pro-life...you either are or you are not. A baby is a baby, and Abortion is murder! Period. There are no..."well, if it is this way...then it doesn't count!" You might as well be saying, if a girl is raped, then she doesn't have a baby! She has a blob of...whatever y'all say it is. And then if a girl is married...THEN it's a BABY!! yes, that makes perfect sense.

:mellow:[/quote]

AMEN ORA!!!!!!! That sums it up pretty good, I need to be careful or I'll get on a rant

MissScripture

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1416580' date='Nov 9 2007, 11:49 AM']So, a baby stops being a baby when it it comes from rape?? Is that even LOGICAL?! I don't care what you say, if you believe this, you aren't even a little pro-life...you either are or you are not. A baby is a baby, and Abortion is murder! Period. There are no..."well, if it is this way...then it doesn't count!" You might as well be saying, if a girl is raped, then she doesn't have a baby! She has a blob of...whatever y'all say it is. And then if a girl is married...THEN it's a BABY!! yes, that makes perfect sense.

:mellow:[/quote]

Ha, funny. My sister and I had a conversation about this like 2 days ago.

I was going to say what we said, 'cept it's exactly what you said...so I'll just stop talking now...

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1328534' date='Jul 14 2007, 01:54 PM']honestly, i dont know. i dont like abortion, i dont like adoption, and i dont like young women forced to become single mothers. as i am a guy, and thus not going to go through pregnancy, i could never allow myself, to force my opinion(for or against) on a woman with child. and thankfully, with my outlook on life, love and all that, abortion is never going to come into question, if i get a woman pregnant, because we will have planned it out beforehand.

contraception on the other hand for me is a no-brainer. if you want to use it then use it. flame me if you want but there you go.[/quote]
abortion isn't a woman's issue - it's a human issue because it is a human baby. we all should do all we can to save those little ones.

• 3 weeks later...
SaintOfVirtue

[quote name='God the Father' post='1325050' date='Jul 11 2007, 08:50 PM']Abortion is, contrary to what's been mentioned prior, disgustingly inefficient.

Abortion should be outlawed, not because it's unethical, but because without it this country(this planet?) could have a miniature menial job squad.

Ever walked through a city and been disgusted at the amount of trash littering the streets? Ever been appalled by the state of border security? Ever wished a small army of toddlers on stationary bikes could produce enough electricity to power Detroit?

Women who don't want their baby can, instead of offering it for adoption or getting it nixed, would sign it over to the government. Now I no what you're thinking, government should be kept small and taxes low yadda yadda yadda and I hear you but the plan would call for a total overhaul of the social welfare department and money can always be taken from the Israel fund if need be.

The children would be kept alive and stimulated etc. by a science/medical contractor in agreement with the government for five or six years, until they can walk, communicate crudely, and perform basic tasks etc. at which point they would be assigned a job. The jobs would be stuff that a five or six year old can do and continue to do for a good 12 or so years, IE cleaning up trash in cities and highways, generating power, holding a tommy gun and standing on the Mexican border shooting anyone dark who tries to cross it and when they stop moving let an adult know. The possibilities are endless. Think of any seemingly easy task to be done where it seems like there's not enough people willing to do it and walah it's done.

In exchange for their labor the children are treated to a government subsidized private education. They would live in large blocky complexes with bedrooms and common areas with billiards tables, tobacco machines, pinball, etc. whatever Uncle Sam has the extra cash to provide. Their families would be their fellow unwanted children, the directors of their occupations, and the social workers in charge of their physical/mental/emotional health and development.

Once the little mistakes turn eighteen they'll be on their own, unless they desire otherwise. If the system works their education will have succeeded and their social workers will have prepared them for real life.

There is no ethical dilemma here because they have been saved from oblivion. Almost all of societies little ills will be fixed, thousands upon thousands of human resources will be rescued over the years.

Anything unconventional in the children's lives that arises as a result of their occupation could be remedied unconventionally and without hassle because the system and it's components are property of the state. There will be no upset family, and with any luck, no upset socially progressive people. If it's necessary for the kids to become nocturnal or attend school for 14 years, so be it, it must and will be done.

The government would take the position that America's new menial workforce is to be lauded and respected for their contributions, and for the system to be a success the media and the population would have to be manipulated to believe likewise, so as the children workers will not be stigmatized once they're out. If the child desires a college education and has the work ethic(and he should) and credentials to do attend, the child's former status as a state slave should not affect his chances. Any discrimination that occurs as a result will give the socially progressive people something to whine about.

Every time an abortion is performed more than one 300 millionth of America's (I say America because other nations would be too inhibited by their accents to take initiative with the program until it was tested successfully) productivity is flushed down the sink. Meat is murder.
Sorry if there's some swear words in there I forgot to take out, I typed it up in wordpad a few days ago just as the thoughts came out of my mind.
And I do believe abortion is unethical, for the record.[/quote]

Ah, excuse me, but in suggesting that the government raise them, give them a low-profit job, and care for them most their life would do two things: one that would make us communists by the fact that the government would have complete control over these poeples lives, they would be viewed as slaves, having no chance of adoption. second they would be raised without any religion having no moral standing or convictions they would more than likely end up on drugs and making more "little mistakes" as you so evilly put it. such a system would completely and utterly destroy all respect for life rather than improve it. in such a system when a cornically ill child shows up the government would have to kill him/her because they would not want to care for those who cannot work. soon children would be veiwed as slaves to do the governments bidding. I cannot describe the fire that burns at my insides as I write this I think you must be awfully heartless to be able to think up such a living H-e-l-l for some one. That system is just as bad as abortion itself.

I AM PRO-LIFE ALL THE WAY!!! :P

• 2 weeks later...

[b][i]Whats your view on Abortion[/i][/b]

No and then again in rare cases. Abortion is about what we say is the right of the mother, while we ignore the child. Most cases are teen and young women who simply don't want the burden of a child, or another child. Most women have abortions have more than one abortion. Its absolutely ridiculous and scary that a woman of any age in a relationship would do that.
In a case of rape the child created is generally unwanted, but still likely a healthy baby. The mother still has a chance of raising the baby in a healthy context, or being able to have the resources to give the child up.
In cases of incest the child may not be healthy, and there's significantly more stress on the mother. In all cases this isn't a good situation and the mother often has zero support. If the child has to die in this case its not the mother's fault but rather the person who did the crime. It differs from 'just' rape becuase of the long-term relationships and dysfunction that is involved in such a crime.

[i][b]What are you views on Youth in asia (Euthanasia)[/b][/i]
No, however, I do believe that people have a right to withdraw themselves from anything but pain meds and foods if they so choose. We have created a society of older persons who rely on all sorts of devices and medicines to keep them alive. Its expensive, it isn't fun and often its just masking the symptoms, while degeneration occurs at a slower rate. If someone wants to die and they will without medicine "A" then I believe we should let them. However, we shouldn't go around shooting them up with levels of morphine that will kill them.

[b][i]What are you views on Contraception[/i][/b]

When used as a hormone stabler, then go for it. When used as contraception, it has obviously caused more harm than good. Its not 100% and encourages out of marriage sex and sex in teens. Non-artificial contraception should be practiced becuase it does prevent pregnancy in a family that cannot afford another child. The abstanace required of non-artificial contraception is a good lesson for both parties involved.

• 2 weeks later...

My views on abortion:
I could, personally, never bring myself to do such a thing, but it is not my duty to push my opinions on other people. God will judge our actions.

Euthanasia:
Absolutely 100% wrong.

Contraception:
I am all for it. I think it's okay to use, and I'm not going to be judgmental either way. I believe it a person's personal preference.

[quote name='zabbazooey' post='1443709' date='Jan 9 2008, 02:44 PM']My views on abortion:
I could, personally, never bring myself to do such a thing, but it is not my duty to push my opinions on other people. God will judge our actions.

Euthanasia:
Absolutely 100% wrong.

Contraception:
I am all for it. I think it's okay to use, and I'm not going to be judgmental either way. I believe it a person's personal preference.[/quote]
Good that you have it right about euthanasia.

Now why can't you say the same thing about abortion and contraception?

The same lame excuses could be made for allowing euthanasia, or any other reprehensible crime. "I could, personally, never bring myself to euthanize an old or ill person, but it is not my duty to push my opinions on other people. God will judge our actions."