An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bridge Collapse In Mpls

homeschoolmom

I think we need to be careful in how we talk about God's grace in this situation. There were many people who died ... were they not as deserving of escaping death as those who got off the highway to pee? I think we can talk about this all being within God's will -- both those who died and those who lived -- but I am reluctant to apply the term "miracle" to the people who were not killed.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Lioness For Christ' post='1346923' date='Aug 1 2007, 11:57 PM']There we have it again! Yet another example of God's saving grace!
:clapping:[/quote]
Ooooor... the effects of a large Caribou Espresso Cooler

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1346967' date='Aug 1 2007, 11:54 PM']Well, we haven't heard from hot stuff or Thessalonian yet... :sadder:[/quote]
:bigpray: I hope they're ok. Anybody know a way to get ahold of them off PM?

:pray:

the first thing i thought was, oh no, are the pham from mn ok?? :sadder: i hope hot stuff and thess check in soon! Edited by kateri05

homeschoolmom

hot stuff is online but not replying to my chat... I'm assuming he's busy and not dead.

[quote name='kateri05' post='1346985' date='Aug 2 2007, 12:05 AM']:pray:

the first thing i thought was, oh no, are the pham from mn ok?? :sadder: i hope hot stuff and thess check in soon![/quote]
Me too.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Dan Lacey' post='1346895' date='Aug 1 2007, 11:36 PM'][/url]
Very close by and overlooking the freeway is the [i]Love Power [/i]mural-

[img]http://www.faithmouse.com/love_power.jpg[/img]

Prayers for everyone.[/quote]

Is what that is?

homeschoolmom

yeah, that mural is on the side of some kind of urban church and it overlooks the interstate...

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1346989' date='Aug 2 2007, 12:06 AM']hot stuff is online but not replying to my chat... I'm assuming he's busy and not dead.[/quote]
Well that's encouraging news!

homeschoolmom

One thing that always bothers me in situations like this.... They've been reporting non-stop for the last six hours. They have nothing new to report, but they keep repeating the same things. But what bugs me is since they are winging it for so long, they start to say stupid stuff. Like I think I heard one anchor say that things like this don't happen in the Twin Cities... we see things like this happening all over the country, but not here... Um, really? We have major interstate bridges just falling down left and right all over the country??? Time to hang up the microphone and cut back to Leno.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1347006' date='Aug 2 2007, 12:18 AM']One thing that always bothers me in situations like this.... They've been reporting non-stop for the last six hours. They have nothing new to report, but they keep repeating the same things. But what bugs me is since they are winging it for so long, they start to say stupid stuff. Like I think I heard one anchor say that things like this don't happen in the Twin Cities... we see things like this happening all over the country, but not here... Um, really? We have major interstate bridges just falling down left and right all over the country??? Time to hang up the microphone and cut back to Leno.[/quote]
Yeah, I can't stand that either. It's almost like they're afraid that if they aren't reporting about it constantly that people will forget or something.