An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bridge Collapse In Mpls

homeschoolmom

homeschoolmom

Good news.

Okay... so they are suggesting that this was caused by a combination of fatigue cracks, vibrations from construction and vibrations from a train passing below....

The infrastructure in America is failing, {remember the pipe exploding in NYC, just a week ago, killing someone?}
we are spending billions of dollars a day in the ME, while things fall apart at home...{think New Orleans water dikes}
Anyone else here see a problem with that. i just read the fiasco cost 1 trillion dollars in Iraq, imagine if that money had been invested here and in our infrastructure instead. This kind of thing is going to get worse and worse. America is turning into a third world country. The good stuff built in the 50s and 60s is starting to collapse with no money to replace it at level needed. I am angry that these innocent American people have died for this neglect.

Edited by Budge

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Budge' post='1347145' date='Aug 2 2007, 10:51 AM']The infrastructure in America is failing, {remember the pipe exploding in NYC, just a week ago, killing someone?}
we are spending billions of dollars a day in the ME, while things fall apart at home...{think New Orleans water dikes}
Anyone else here see a problem with that. i just read the fiasco cost 1 trillion dollars in Iraq, imagine if that money had been invested here and in our infrastructure instead. This kind of thing is going to get worse and worse. America is turning into a third world country. The good stuff built in the 50s and 60s is starting to collapse with no money to replace it at level needed. I am angry that these innocent American people have died for this neglect.[/quote]
A simple, "you have my prayers" would have been sufficiant... if you want to start a debate, I think you know where the debate table is... <_<

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1346413' date='Aug 1 2007, 06:27 PM']btw, HSfam and RussianGirl are accounted for.[/quote]
:sign: thank God!

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1347067' date='Aug 2 2007, 05:58 AM']I'm still waiting to hear from a couple of people. But it looks like all my loved ones are safe.

This is just awful[/quote]
:sign: i'm glad you are okay!

[quote name='Lioness For Christ' post='1347162' date='Aug 2 2007, 09:06 AM']Veritas is okay... :)[/quote]
:sign: thank God!

:sign: Lord we offer up to prayer to you all those who have died, all the injured, and all of their families. Keep them close to you and comfort them. Amen.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1347183' date='Aug 2 2007, 11:34 AM']:sign: Lord we offer up to prayer to you all those who have died, all the injured, and all of their families. Keep them close to you and comfort them. Amen.[/quote]
amen

[quote]I think we need to be careful in how we talk about God's grace in this situation. There were many people who died ... were they not as deserving of escaping death as those who got off the highway to pee? I think we can talk about this all being within God's will -- both those who died and those who lived -- but I am reluctant to apply the term "miracle" to the people who were not killed.[/quote]

I read through the entire five pages, and I understand your thoughts Terra Firma, the fact is maybe those who got off before the bridge were not in the perfect grace to meet there Lord, and that is why their life was spared, whereas those who have passed were in God's grace and ready to meet Christ, that is the way I usually look at tragedies, and the stories that come afterward about how they were going to go over or be in one spot but then weren't.

Anyways, I'm definitly offering my prayers, I hope all our seminarians from the MN-St. Paul area are ok.

thessalonian

I don't see myself as being more perfect for missing a close call. Not by any means. It just wasn't my time to go.

[quote name='the_rev' post='1347202' date='Aug 2 2007, 10:59 AM']I read through the entire five pages, and I understand your thoughts Terra Firma, the fact is maybe those who got off before the bridge were not in the perfect grace to meet there Lord, and that is why their life was spared, whereas those who have passed were in God's grace and ready to meet Christ, that is the way I usually look at tragedies, and the stories that come afterward about how they were going to go over or be in one spot but then weren't.[/quote]
I'm sorry, but neither you nor I is in a position to judge whether someone is in perfect grace.

However we should indeed be praying for those who were killed and injured and for grieving families.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Budge' post='1347145' date='Aug 2 2007, 10:51 AM']The infrastructure in America is failing, {remember the pipe exploding in NYC, just a week ago, killing someone?}
Anyone else here see a problem with that. i just read the fiasco cost 1 trillion dollars in Iraq, imagine if that money had been invested here and in our infrastructure instead. This kind of thing is going to get worse and worse. America is turning into a third world country. The good stuff built in the 50s and 60s is starting to collapse with no money to replace it at level needed. I am angry that these innocent American people have died for this neglect.[/quote]

Bravo! Way to politicize this when they haven't even pulled people out of the water yet!

Edited by Ash Wednesday

thessalonian

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1347210' date='Aug 2 2007, 12:14 PM']I'm sorry, but neither you nor I is in a position to judge whether someone is in perfect grace.
However we should indeed be praying for those who were killed and injured and for grieving families.[/quote]

I agree. We must be nuetral regarding those who were on and thos who just missed going down with it (don't judge me folks. I ain't perfect but I don't think I would have gone to hell. Like Paul, I know nothing against me.).

thessalonian

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1347216' date='Aug 2 2007, 12:23 PM']Bravo! Way to politicize this when they haven't even pulled people out of the water yet![/quote]

Hey don't be to hard on our dear sister. She could have said something about the Catholics going to hell who died on the bridge.

[quote]budge: I am angry that these innocent American people have died for this neglect.[/quote]

Innocent except for the Catholics of course. :smokey:

Edited by thessalonian

[quote name='Budge' post='1347145' date='Aug 2 2007, 11:51 AM']The infrastructure in America is failing, {remember the pipe exploding in NYC, just a week ago, killing someone?}

If you're a Christian, pray. Don't whine and complain.

On a side note: Americans tend to be the most spoiled brats on the planet, we have it so good compared to most other countries, yet we can complain about some of the smallest things. This isn't about politics, it's everything in general about this country. Go visit some other countries, like Germany, which pay nearly [b]50% of their income to the government[/b] (they have socialized healthcare, so they still pay for it).

Edited by Paladin D

homeschoolmom

What small thing are we complaining about? Bridges falling in to the river is a big thing... <_<