An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Calls Black Men To Be Better Fathers

Lil Red

[quote name='picchick' post='1572984' date='Jun 16 2008, 04:55 PM']He is saying that life does not matter and it is disposable by saying abortion is ok.[/quote]

The majority of people who support abortion don't understand that that is what they are supporting, though. That's the difference. It's contradictory to us, but to people who don't truly believe they are extinguishing life, it isn't contradictory.

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1572987' date='Jun 16 2008, 04:58 PM']Although I respect your opinions, kujo and Alycin, I do not agree. I don't believe he can have any good points if he is for the murder of children. Period. I don't want to hear him. He aggravates me. And I think all he's doing here is deliberately trying to deceive and show that he has some compassion and believes in a better quality of life. I don't think he's ignorant on Abortion. I think he knows exactly what abortion is and this is what makes him heartless. Maybe some pro-aborts (not "pro-choice," this is a word they created...) are truly ignorant of abortion, but I dont' think Obama is. I think he knows exactly what he's stands for. When he has Abortion on his platform, everything else crumbles. He's as clever as the beast...a great deceiver...a liar.[/quote]

I didn't say anything contradictory to what you just posted... :huh:

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1572987' date='Jun 16 2008, 05:58 PM']Although I respect your opinions, kujo and Alycin, I do not agree. I don't believe he can have any good points if he is for the murder of children. Period. I don't want to hear him. He aggravates me. And I think all he's doing here is deliberately trying to deceive and show that he has some compassion and believes in a better quality of life. I don't think he's ignorant on Abortion. I think he knows exactly what abortion is and this is what makes him heartless. Maybe some pro-aborts (not "pro-choice," this is a word they created...) are truly ignorant of abortion, but I dont' think Obama is. I think he knows exactly what he's stands for. When he has Abortion on his platform, everything else crumbles. He's as clever as the beast...a great deceiver...a liar.[/quote]

So if he were to tell you the time, you wouldn't believe him?

That seems a bit extreme.

[quote name='Alycin' post='1572990' date='Jun 16 2008, 05:00 PM']The majority of people who support abortion don't understand that that is what they are supporting, though. That's the difference. It's contradictory to us, but to people who don't truly believe they are extinguishing life, it isn't contradictory.[/quote]

He said from conception. It is contradictory. He has mentioned in previous speeches where he refers to a baby. Pro-choice people may be ignorant of what they are supporting but they are not stupid. If they sat down to think about what Obama is saying, they would see it is contradictory.

I am not arguing that his speech is not needed. It is needed. Good for him for saying it. I am pointing out the fact that if people sat down (pro-life and pro-choice) and looked at what he said in all of his speeches and what he stood for, they would see contradiction. Contradicition means something fishy in my book and something that needs to be looked into. I already know what is up here and I don't care for Obama so I am not going to bother looking into it. However, I think that his supporters do need to look into it.

Meg

[quote name='picchick' post='1573001' date='Jun 16 2008, 05:10 PM']He said from conception. It is contradictory. He has mentioned in previous speeches where he refers to a baby. Pro-choice people may be ignorant of what they are supporting but they are not stupid. If they sat down to think about what Obama is saying, they would see it is contradictory.

I am not arguing that his speech is not needed. It is needed. Good for him for saying it. I am pointing out the fact that if people sat down (pro-life and pro-choice) and looked at what he said in all of his speeches and what he stood for, they would see contradiction. Contradicition means something fishy in my book and something that needs to be looked into. I already know what is up here and I don't care for Obama so I am not going to bother looking into it. However, I think that his supporters do need to look into it.

Meg[/quote]

Oh okay, I see what you are saying now. I read it differently than what it actually said. That makes sense now.

dominicansoul

[quote name='kujo' post='1572997' date='Jun 16 2008, 04:06 PM']So if he were to tell you the time, you wouldn't believe him?

That seems a bit extreme.[/quote]

I'll be the first to tell you, when it comes to Abortion....I am very extreme....and I wouldn't ask him for the time of day...

catholicinsd

If we can just overlook Sen. Obama's stance on abortion can we look at the speech now. It's truly a great statement, regardless of his opinion on one issue of many.

not all actions of "evil :rolleyes: "people are evil. if hitler himself were to speak on the subject and as a result caused people to be better parents, then i would say that the speach was a success and beneficial. doesnt mean any of the rest of what he says is good.

dominicansoul

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1573102' date='Jun 16 2008, 06:02 PM']If we can just overlook Sen. Obama's stance on abortion can we look at the speech now. It's truly a great statement, regardless of his opinion on one issue of many.[/quote]

You might be able to overlook his stance on Abortion. I cannot. What he is doing here is playing politics. He is making a statement that shows he is compassionate about family...about quality of life...and he is a deceiver. He cares of none of these things because his whole platform is based on the culture of death. His pockets are being filled with NARAL and all the abotion industry. He will do say whatever he needs to get elected, but his heart belongs to the culture of death...

I will not be fooled by his rhetoric...as pretty as it may all sound...it's just empty to me...

Edited by dominicansoul

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1573155' date='Jun 16 2008, 05:45 PM']You might be able to overlook his stance on Abortion. I cannot. What he is doing here is playing politics. He is making a statement that shows he is compassionate about family...about quality of life...and he is a deceiver. He cares of none of these things because his whole platform is based on the culture of death. His pockets are being filled with NARAL and all the abotion industry. He will do say whatever he needs to get elected, but his heart belongs to the culture of death...

I will not be fooled by his rhetoric...as pretty as it may all sound...it's just empty to me...[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
agreed.

MissScripture

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1573266' date='Jun 16 2008, 08:32 PM']When Dan Quayle attacked single mothers 15 years ago, what was your reaction?[/quote]
Well, considering I was only 5 yrs old at the time, I have no idea what you are talking about. But what does that have to do with this, anyway? A person's reaction 15 years ago could be entirely different than their reaction now. A lot changes in 15 years of living.

It is sometimes the nice faces that people put on that are meant to confuse us. Hitler was a vegetarian that loved animals. He just didn't like people. Stalin probably loved his mother. It's the important stuff hiding behind the curtain that we have to look at.

dominicansoul

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1573266' date='Jun 16 2008, 08:32 PM']When Dan Quayle attacked single mothers 15 years ago, what was your reaction?[/quote]

I'm not sure, but wasn't Quayle "Pro-life?" I am sure he wasn't for letting babies die in plastic bags alone in a deserted hospital custodial closet...like Obama is...

catholicinsd

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1573300' date='Jun 16 2008, 09:52 PM']Well, considering I was only 5 yrs old at the time, I have no idea what you are talking about. But what does that have to do with this, anyway? A person's reaction 15 years ago could be entirely different than their reaction now. A lot changes in 15 years of living.[/quote]

Well Vice President Quayle basically said the same sentiment as Sen. Obama. However Quayle choose to attack single mothers, who didn't choose abortion, in the process.