Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Calls Black Men To Be Better Fathers


Recommended Posts

Posted

+J.M.J.+
[url="http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/bulletin/bulletin_080616.htm"]Article here[/url]
[quote]ABC World News opened its Sunday evening newscast with a long report on Sen. Barack Obama's Father's Day speech before a "largely black church in Chicago," where he delivered "a rather blunt message to African-American men. He said too many black fathers are absent from their children's lives. 'We need fathers to realize that responsibility does not end at conception,' he said. Obama's words seemed aimed at not only at African-Americans, but also at white voters who might be uneasy about his candidacy."[/quote]
does anyone else find this ironic, considering his stance on abortion, and the fact that black babies are aborted more often than white or hispanic babies? :huh:

Posted

I see the irony but I feel this was the right thing. If Obama is truly going to be a leader, he needs to say the things that no one wants to hear or say. Because he is a black man, he can get away with saying this. Hopefully it bears some fruit.

The one pump wonder
Posted

[quote name='kujo' post='1572817' date='Jun 16 2008, 01:46 PM']I see the irony but I feel this was the right thing. If Obama is truly going to be a leader, he needs to say the things that no one wants to hear or say. Because he is a black man, he can get away with saying this. Hopefully it bears some fruit.[/quote]

your avatar ( kujo ) looks like the pope is turning his back to me like im some nobody.

Or he just dissed me and is walking away. its weird

Posted

[quote name='The one pump wonder' post='1572855' date='Jun 16 2008, 02:19 PM']your avatar ( kujo ) looks like the pope is turning his back to me like im some nobody.

Or he just dissed me and is walking away. its weird[/quote]

:huh:

KnightofChrist
Posted

[quote name='The one pump wonder' post='1572855' date='Jun 16 2008, 01:19 PM']your avatar ( kujo ) looks like the pope is turning his back to me like im some nobody.

Or he just dissed me and is walking away. its weird[/quote]

Psh... I like it, I have another image from the same event in my avatar. Both are cool.

Galloglasses
Posted

Back on track. Obama is contradicting himself here.

In some ways its worse then his Irish Roots claim.

Posted

[quote name='Galloglasses' post='1572869' date='Jun 16 2008, 02:43 PM']Back on track. Obama is contradicting himself here.[/quote]

Not really. It is contradictory to us because we know the truth about abortion and understand it, etc.

But Obama is speaking to a largely pro-choice audience and so it doesn't really contradict anything in their minds to call upon parents to be good parents to the children that they have.

dominicansoul
Posted

Yeah, his speech pretty much set my blood boiling. Toward the end of this speech, he tells them that God will help them and get them to where we need to be in this country. THE AUDACITY of the man, when HE'S FOR KILLING CHILDREN! Where we need to be is in a country WITHOUT ABORTION! And we need to stop giving power to these heartless people who think it's a woman's right to murder their children! Nothing else matters until this country stops murdering it's children. Until then, all order is lost. We can't get anything resolved with blood on our hands...

Anything this man says is absolutely meaningless...

Posted

DS, I understand and appreciate your passion. I especially understand calling Obama "heartless" because one has to question the sanity of someone who won't even admit that an abortion survivor is human and deserves to be protected.

But I think it's important to distinguish... between Obama and other pro-choicers. I have never met a pro-choice person yet who was not shocked when I told them about Obama voting AGAINST the born-alive infant protection act. Most pro-choice people don't even realize (though sometimes it is through willful ignorance) that they are extinguishing a life. I don't think it's a matter of them being heartless. I know many people who describe themselves as pro-choice who have good hearts.

Posted

[quote name='Alycin' post='1572887' date='Jun 16 2008, 03:57 PM']DS, I understand and appreciate your passion. I especially understand calling Obama "heartless" because one has to question the sanity of someone who won't even admit that an abortion survivor is human and deserves to be protected.

But I think it's important to distinguish... between Obama and other pro-choicers. I have never met a pro-choice person yet who was not shocked when I told them about Obama voting AGAINST the born-alive infant protection act. Most pro-choice people don't even realize (though sometimes it is through willful ignorance) that they are extinguishing a life. I don't think it's a matter of them being heartless. I know many people who describe themselves as pro-choice who have good hearts.[/quote]

This is an important point. People can be ignorant of the truth, but still be seeking it. Obama's stance on abortion and all life issues is deplorable; however, that doesn't mean that he can't be right about other things.

Posted

Good speech...stupid for Obama. If his sheep were not following him blindly they would see this contradiction and question what is going on. He implies that there is a responsibility from conception on? Why? To him abortion is ok. To him, it should not matter conception or not. Life is disposable in its most innocent time. Why should any responsibility exist until the baby is born?

He is right that there are some fathers out there who need to take responsibility. However, I still think he is a walking contradiction.

Posted

[quote name='picchick' post='1572954' date='Jun 16 2008, 02:25 PM']Good speech...stupid for Obama. If his sheep were not following him blindly they would see this contradiction and question what is going on. He implies that there is a responsibility from conception on? Why? To him abortion is ok. To him, it should not matter conception or not. Life is disposable in its most innocent time. Why should any responsibility exist until the baby is born?

He is right that there are some fathers out there who need to take responsibility. However, I still think he is a walking contradiction.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
agreed.

Posted

[quote name='picchick' post='1572954' date='Jun 16 2008, 05:25 PM']Good speech...stupid for Obama. If his sheep were not following him blindly they would see this contradiction and question what is going on. He implies that there is a responsibility from conception on? Why? To him abortion is ok. To him, it should not matter conception or not. Life is disposable in its most innocent time. Why should any responsibility exist until the baby is born?

He is right that there are some fathers out there who need to take responsibility. However, I still think he is a walking contradiction.[/quote]

Again, he is right about what he's saying; however, he is persisting in the fact that he is wrong about abortion. There ARE responsibilities that a man has while his wife/girlfriend is pregnant. A lot of times, African American men aren't livin' up to those.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='kujo' post='1572980' date='Jun 16 2008, 04:50 PM']Again, he is right about what he's saying; however, he is persisting in the fact that he is wrong about abortion. There ARE responsibilities that a man has while his wife/girlfriend is pregnant. A lot of times, African American men aren't livin' up to those.[/quote]
That is why I said that he is right that there are fathers out there who need to take responsibility. I am not denying that he needed to do the speech or saying that he should not of done the speech. I am suggesting that his followers look a little deeper at what he is saying and see the fact that he is contradicting himself which he is. He is saying that life does not matter and it is disposable by saying abortion is ok. Yet, then he says that life is important enough for a father to take responsibility.

Don't get me wrong...Great that he said the speech. It is needed for all men.

Edited by picchick
dominicansoul
Posted

Although I respect your opinions, kujo and Alycin, I do not agree. I don't believe he can have any good points if he is for the murder of children. Period. I don't want to hear him. He aggravates me. And I think all he's doing here is deliberately trying to deceive and show that he has some compassion and believes in a better quality of life. I don't think he's ignorant on Abortion. I think he knows exactly what abortion is and this is what makes him heartless. Maybe some pro-aborts (not "pro-choice," this is a word they created...) are truly ignorant of abortion, but I dont' think Obama is. I think he knows exactly what he's stands for. When he has Abortion on his platform, everything else crumbles. He's as clever as the beast...a great deceiver...a liar.

Posted

[quote name='picchick' post='1572984' date='Jun 16 2008, 04:55 PM']He is saying that life does not matter and it is disposable by saying abortion is ok.[/quote]

The majority of people who support abortion don't understand that that is what they are supporting, though. That's the difference. It's contradictory to us, but to people who don't truly believe they are extinguishing life, it isn't contradictory.

Posted

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1572987' date='Jun 16 2008, 04:58 PM']Although I respect your opinions, kujo and Alycin, I do not agree. I don't believe he can have any good points if he is for the murder of children. Period. I don't want to hear him. He aggravates me. And I think all he's doing here is deliberately trying to deceive and show that he has some compassion and believes in a better quality of life. I don't think he's ignorant on Abortion. I think he knows exactly what abortion is and this is what makes him heartless. Maybe some pro-aborts (not "pro-choice," this is a word they created...) are truly ignorant of abortion, but I dont' think Obama is. I think he knows exactly what he's stands for. When he has Abortion on his platform, everything else crumbles. He's as clever as the beast...a great deceiver...a liar.[/quote]


I didn't say anything contradictory to what you just posted... :huh:

Posted

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1572987' date='Jun 16 2008, 05:58 PM']Although I respect your opinions, kujo and Alycin, I do not agree. I don't believe he can have any good points if he is for the murder of children. Period. I don't want to hear him. He aggravates me. And I think all he's doing here is deliberately trying to deceive and show that he has some compassion and believes in a better quality of life. I don't think he's ignorant on Abortion. I think he knows exactly what abortion is and this is what makes him heartless. Maybe some pro-aborts (not "pro-choice," this is a word they created...) are truly ignorant of abortion, but I dont' think Obama is. I think he knows exactly what he's stands for. When he has Abortion on his platform, everything else crumbles. He's as clever as the beast...a great deceiver...a liar.[/quote]

So if he were to tell you the time, you wouldn't believe him?

That seems a bit extreme.

Posted

[quote name='Alycin' post='1572990' date='Jun 16 2008, 05:00 PM']The majority of people who support abortion don't understand that that is what they are supporting, though. That's the difference. It's contradictory to us, but to people who don't truly believe they are extinguishing life, it isn't contradictory.[/quote]

He said from conception. It is contradictory. He has mentioned in previous speeches where he refers to a baby. Pro-choice people may be ignorant of what they are supporting but they are not stupid. If they sat down to think about what Obama is saying, they would see it is contradictory.

I am not arguing that his speech is not needed. It is needed. Good for him for saying it. I am pointing out the fact that if people sat down (pro-life and pro-choice) and looked at what he said in all of his speeches and what he stood for, they would see contradiction. Contradicition means something fishy in my book and something that needs to be looked into. I already know what is up here and I don't care for Obama so I am not going to bother looking into it. However, I think that his supporters do need to look into it.

Meg

Posted

[quote name='picchick' post='1573001' date='Jun 16 2008, 05:10 PM']He said from conception. It is contradictory. He has mentioned in previous speeches where he refers to a baby. Pro-choice people may be ignorant of what they are supporting but they are not stupid. If they sat down to think about what Obama is saying, they would see it is contradictory.

I am not arguing that his speech is not needed. It is needed. Good for him for saying it. I am pointing out the fact that if people sat down (pro-life and pro-choice) and looked at what he said in all of his speeches and what he stood for, they would see contradiction. Contradicition means something fishy in my book and something that needs to be looked into. I already know what is up here and I don't care for Obama so I am not going to bother looking into it. However, I think that his supporters do need to look into it.

Meg[/quote]


Oh okay, I see what you are saying now. I read it differently than what it actually said. That makes sense now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...