An Old School Catholic Message Board

Let's Talk About "ladyfriends"

zunshynn

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='zunshynn' date='28 October 2009 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1256785309' post='1993092']
I think it sounds like a term for a mistress, personally.
[/quote]
I think it's a polite way to be sarcastic about the word 'girlfriend', whether you're bugging someone or referring to it yourself. :)

Someon'e's going to have to esplain this one to me.

I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the term "ladyfriend." I'm sort of oblivious to people actually using it in real life--not that they never do, just that I've never noticed it and I've never said it myself. Why the backlash against the term?

:unsure:

[color="#800080"]I have a friend who refers to the guys that are her friends but not her "boyfriends" as manfriends. [/color]

[quote name='tinytherese' date='29 October 2009 - 03:03 PM' timestamp='1256850209' post='1993503']
[color="#800080"]I have a friend who refers to the guys that are her friends but not her "boyfriends" as manfriends. [/color]
[/quote]

Yeah... see... that makes me think of a pimp or like a casual "we hook up but its nothing serious" kind of a thing...

I don't know. Maybe thats just me. :lol:

[quote name='zunshynn' date='29 October 2009 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1256850666' post='1993506']
Yeah... see... that makes me think of a pimp or like a casual "we hook up but its nothing serious" kind of a thing...

I don't know. Maybe thats just me. :lol:
[/quote]
No no, that's 'boy toy', like Rachael's.... Rachael's indentured servant. Or 'summer boy', if you're Lady Gaga.

:)

[color="#800080"]My friend didn't mean anything sexual by the term "manfriend." She just thought that she could call her guy friends that. She didn't want anybody to think that "my friend who is a boy" means "boyfriend."[/color]