An Old School Catholic Message Board

Let's Talk About "ladyfriends"

zunshynn

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

little_miss_late

Well I voted that I don't have an opinion. I have some male friends/relatives who would sound totally sweet referring to a lady as their ladyfriend, and a few others who would sound like total slimeballs saying ladyfriend. Personally I like being introduced by my own name.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='29 October 2009 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1256858028' post='1993571']
No no, that's 'boy toy', like Rachael's.... Rachael's indentured servant. Or 'summer boy', if you're Lady Gaga.

:)
[/quote]
He says he's OK with doing those things for me. :sadwalk:

[quote name='zunshynn' date='28 October 2009 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1256785309' post='1993092']
I think it sounds like a term for a mistress, personally.
[/quote]

lol. me too.

[quote name='rachael' date='02 November 2009 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1257179708' post='1995237']
He says he's OK with doing those things for me. :sadwalk:
[/quote]
I never said it was wrong.......

It's just that there's also nothing wrong with organized rebellion against our matriarchal oppressors. :saint:

[color="#000000"]I refer to my mother's live in boyfriend of 23 years as "gentleman friend," eventhough he is as far from a gentleman as you can get.[/color]

There was a vote on pie? That reminds me of the time I created a thread here before the polls were abused by T-Bone then taken away for a long time.

laetitia crucis

[color="#2F4F4F"]I've only recently heard of the term "ladyfriend". To be honest, I find it rather... well, funny. It seems so "formal" to me. (Perhaps I'm just being a tad immature... :topsy: ...but the term "lady" in itself seems quite formal to me.)

The context in which I heard it was when one of my friends told me her brother was "going out with his ladyfriend" -- they weren't going out as "boyfriend and girlfriend", but just as friends-that-[i]could[/i]-eventually-become-more-than-friends-but-probably-not. :huh:

However, I guess in referring to my male friends, I usually just call them my "guy-friends" as opposed to "boyfriends" which (to me) would imply a more-than-friendly relationship.

:D

P.S. -- Why is all the text on this board so light? I guess Lame Board was too lame to get the same text color as the other boards? :sadder: [/color]