Hassan Posted November 17, 2009 Posted November 17, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' date='17 November 2009 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1258496876' post='2004436'] It is nice, even if it is rare, to hear you criticize Islam; rather than your normal stance of making excuses for that inhuman religious ideology. [/quote] I've made more specific and harsh critiques of Islam in the past and have no problem doing so now or in the future. Disagreeing with the common over generalized and unsustainable criticisms made here does not imply I believe Islam to be free from a great many legitimate criticisms.
Apotheoun Posted November 17, 2009 Posted November 17, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' date='17 November 2009 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1258497041' post='2004443'] I've made more specific and harsh critiques of Islam in the past and have no problem doing so now or in the future. Disagreeing with the common over generalized and unsustainable criticisms made here does not imply I believe Islam to be free from a great many legitimate criticisms. [/quote] Well, I visit this forum every day, for at least a few minutes, and I have rarely seen you criticize Islam. Normally you try to defend it, even if it involves defending something truly disgusting.
Hassan Posted November 17, 2009 Posted November 17, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' date='17 November 2009 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1258497243' post='2004446'] Well, I visit this forum every day, for at least a few minutes, and I have rarely seen you criticize Islam. Normally you try to defend it, even if it involves defending something truly disgusting. [/quote] What disgusting aspect of Islam have I defended?
Apotheoun Posted November 17, 2009 Posted November 17, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Hassan' date='17 November 2009 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1258497469' post='2004452'] What disgusting aspect of Islam have I defended? [/quote] I have never heard you criticize any of the texts in the Quran, the Sahih al-Bukhari, the Sahih al-Muslim, et al., that speak of jihad against non-muslims. For example: I have not seen any comments by you that are critical of the powerpoint presentation written by Hasan and released recently on the internet; instead, when I posted a video that shows that British Muslims hold similar views to those expressed by Hasan in his own writings, you put your head in the sand and say that there is no connection. Much of what you write on Islam would be funny if it were not for the fact that it is so disturbing. Edited November 17, 2009 by Apotheoun
Apotheoun Posted November 17, 2009 Posted November 17, 2009 (edited) The moment some kind of violent event motivated by Islamic ideology occurs in the world, I know that you will be on Phatmass excusing the evil actions performed in the name of that cult, while talking about how Islam is really a misunderstood religion of peace. Edited November 17, 2009 by Apotheoun
HisChildForever Posted November 17, 2009 Author Posted November 17, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' date='17 November 2009 - 05:41 PM' timestamp='1258497680' post='2004457'] I have never heard you criticize any of the texts in the Quran, the Sahih al-Bukhari, the Sahih al-Muslim, et al., that speak of jihad against non-muslims. For example: I have not seen any comments by you that are critical of the powerpoint presentation written by Hasan and released recently on the internet; instead, when I posted a video that shows that British Muslims hold similar views to those expressed by Hasan in his own writings, you put your head in the sand and say that there is no connection. Much of what you write on Islam would be funny if it were not for the fact that it is so disturbing. [/quote] [quote name='Apotheoun' date='17 November 2009 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1258497988' post='2004461'] The moment some kind of violent event motivated by Islamic ideology occurs in the world, I know that you will be on Phatmass excusing the evil actions performed in the name of that cult, while talking about how Islam is really a misunderstood religion of peace. [/quote] Very good points. What does Hassan think of Hasan?
HisChildForever Posted November 17, 2009 Author Posted November 17, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' date='17 November 2009 - 05:23 PM' timestamp='1258496593' post='2004432'] I'm happy to talk bad about Islam. I have done so in front of you. You throw the same charge out again and again no matter how many times I refute it. I'll help you get the point one last time. Which problems with Islam you you like to talk about first? The patriarchal structure or the intellectual inertia that tends to develop in the traditional Islamic sciences? How about the Drakonian system of punishments found in traditional Islamic legal codes? Take your pick HCF. I'm sure this will be a fascinating discussion. [/quote] Hassan also gets nice and snippy when Islam is criticized. If I do so recall, the last time we "discussed" Islam, you were supporting Muhammad's pedophilia. In any event, perhaps we should talk about the actual topic of this thread. That would be Major Hasan.
Jesus_lol Posted November 18, 2009 Posted November 18, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' date='17 November 2009 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1258497243' post='2004446'] Well, I visit this forum every day, for at least a few minutes, and I have rarely seen you criticize Islam. Normally you try to defend it, even if it involves defending something truly disgusting. [/quote] i will wager you have never seen me criticize Islam either. simply cause i dont talk about it much if ever. the lack of information does not constitute any information by itself. in fact there are many who hold extremely negative views about Islam on this board, and when someone defends against any part of that ideology, people like you think that they also support Radical Islam. not every issue can be boiled down to two completely opposing viewpoints. for instance, Hassan just stated he had serious issue with 3 major parts of Islam, and that he doesnt agree with the extremists, but because he doesn't want to tar all Muslims with the same brush you jump on him. when Hasan did his attack at Ft Hood and people started to connect it with radical islam and others said "hold on, we dont know that yet." just because the ties to Radical islam were later verified, and thus your earlier suspicions verified, does not mean that the others who cautioned were wrong at all.
Winchester Posted November 18, 2009 Posted November 18, 2009 It's kinda hard bein' Snoop Dee Oh double-G.
Apotheoun Posted November 18, 2009 Posted November 18, 2009 [quote name='Jesus_lol' date='17 November 2009 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1258502900' post='2004540'] i will wager you have never seen me criticize Islam either. simply cause i dont talk about it much if ever. the lack of information does not constitute any information by itself. [/quote] Yes, I read your posts, and you rarely post anything substantive about Islam, while Hassan does it all the time.
Winchester Posted November 18, 2009 Posted November 18, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' date='17 November 2009 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1258503105' post='2004543'] Yes, I read your posts, and you rarely post anything substantive [s]about Islam, while Hassan does it all the time[/s]. [/quote] Whoah.
Apotheoun Posted November 18, 2009 Posted November 18, 2009 [quote name='Winchester' date='17 November 2009 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1258503187' post='2004545'] Whoah. [/quote] Thank you for the correction.
Jesus_lol Posted November 18, 2009 Posted November 18, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Apotheoun' date='17 November 2009 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1258503105' post='2004543'] Yes, I read your posts, and you rarely post anything substantive about Islam, while Hassan does it all the time. [/quote] true enough, but if hassan spends all his posts defending against such claims as "all muslims are terrists!!" and other such extreme viewpoints, then you have little to base his general view of Islam as a whole on. yes he doesnt believe Islam is as bad as you claim, but he hardly supports it as generally flawless either. [quote name='Winchester' date='17 November 2009 - 04:13 PM' timestamp='1258503187' post='2004545'] Whoah. [/quote] Touche. [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0p-trbcKhm8/SYueF86gFoI/AAAAAAAAFJg/X4EJ9lE9wZs/s320/2001_monsters_inc_010.jpg[/img] ... always watching... Edited November 18, 2009 by Jesus_lol
Winchester Posted November 18, 2009 Posted November 18, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' date='17 November 2009 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1258497469' post='2004452'] Islam is tha bomb-dizzle! [/quote] Srsly.
Jesus_lol Posted November 18, 2009 Posted November 18, 2009 [quote name='Winchester' date='17 November 2009 - 04:20 PM' timestamp='1258503607' post='2004551'] Sometimes... i wish i was a lady. [/quote]
HisChildForever Posted November 18, 2009 Author Posted November 18, 2009 [quote name='Jesus_lol' date='17 November 2009 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1258503535' post='2004550'] true enough, but if hassan spends all his posts defending against such claims as "all muslims are terrists!!" and other such extreme viewpoints, [/quote] Who said that all Muslims are terrorists?
Winchester Posted November 18, 2009 Posted November 18, 2009 [quote name='Jesus_lol' date='17 November 2009 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1258503720' post='2004552'] I wish I were American. [/quote]
Apotheoun Posted November 18, 2009 Posted November 18, 2009 [quote name='Jesus_lol' date='17 November 2009 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1258503535' post='2004550'] true enough, but if hassan spends all his posts defending against such claims as "all muslims are terrists!!" and other such extreme viewpoints, then you have little to base his general view of Islam as a whole on. yes he doesnt believe Islam is as bad as you claim, but he hardly supports it as generally flawless either. [/quote] I think if you read my posts you will see that I have never said that all Muslims are terrorists. I tend to speak only about the theological and ideological teachings of Islam. To be honest I pity the members of the Islamic religion, for they have embraced falsehood and become enslaved to error, but by the grace of God poured out upon the world through the incarnation of the eternal Logos, His passion, death, resurrection, and ascension into glory, they can be freed from the delusion of the Arabian false prophet and find truth and joy in Christ Jesus.
Jesus_lol Posted November 18, 2009 Posted November 18, 2009 [quote name='Jesus_lol' date='17 November 2009 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1258503720' post='2004552'] I wish i was an american. [/quote] What can i say, i said many stupid things in my youth, but at least i didn't inhale unlike Winchester! [quote name='HisChildForever' date='17 November 2009 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1258503794' post='2004553'] Who said that all Muslims are terrorists? [/quote] [quote name='Apotheoun' date='17 November 2009 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1258503941' post='2004556'] I think if you read my posts you will see that I have never said that all Muslims are terrorists. I tend to speak only about the theological and ideological teachings of Islam. To be honest I pity the members of the Islamic religion, for they have embraced falsehood and become enslaved to error, but by the grace of God poured out upon the world through the incarnation of the eternal Logos, His passion, death, resurrection, and ascension into glory, they can be freed from the delusion of the Arabian false prophet and find truth and joy in Christ Jesus. [/quote] sorry i wasnt referring to you two. was actually remembering the last time i saw a majority of Hassans posts regarding Muslims, that was a little while ago before MV was banned.
Winchester Posted November 18, 2009 Posted November 18, 2009 [quote name='Jesus_lol' date='17 November 2009 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1258504839' post='2004569'] What can i say, i said many stupid things in my youth, [/quote] You're 21. [quote] but at least i didn't inhale unlike Winchester![/quote] Oxygen deprivation would explain things.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now