An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lady Gaga Fame Monster!

picchick

JMJT

Ok so I admit, I like Lady Gaga's songs when your at a party and the supposed DJ is playing the LAMEST music EVER ... and I also love Lady when I'm driving around with my friends or cousins. So I don't judge you Picchick for liking her music. :)

[quote name='melporcristo' date='25 November 2009 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1259208156' post='2009557']
JMJT

Ok so I admit, I like Lady Gaga's songs when [s]your[/s] at a party and the supposed DJ is playing the LAMEST music EVER ... and I also love Lady when I'm driving around with my friends or cousins. So I don't judge you Picchick for liking her music. :)
[/quote]
Fixed it. And it should have been "you're", which is the contraction of "you are". "Your" is a possessive. Really, any "your" is innappropriate in that sentence. You're talking about your presence at the party, not someone else's.

[quote name='Winchester' date='26 November 2009 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1259268230' post='2009838']
Fixed it. And it should have been "you're", which is the contraction of "you are". "Your" is a possessive. Really, any "your" is innappropriate in that sentence. You're talking about your presence at the party, not someone else's.
[/quote]

wow ... thats humble pie for a English/Writing Major! Thanks ... the only excuse I can give you is that I was typing way too fast to even copy edit what I wrote.

Peace!

[quote name='melporcristo' date='26 November 2009 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1259269091' post='2009847']
wow ... thats humble pie for a English/Writing Major! Thanks ... the only excuse I can give you is that I was typing way too fast to even copy edit what I wrote.

Peace!
[/quote]
It causes me physical pain.

Watching one of her videos is like watching the fall of the Roman Empire encapsulated in 3 minutes.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='26 November 2009 - 04:13 PM' timestamp='1259273618' post='2009889']
Watching one of her videos is like watching the fall of the Roman Empire encapsulated in 3 minutes.

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
With a catchy beat. :yes:

[quote name='Winchester' date='26 November 2009 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1259269525' post='2009852']
It causes me physical pain.
[/quote]

Not as much as it causes ME emotional pain. Now I need to go through Theophaustic Healing over this ... :weep:

[quote name='melporcristo' date='27 November 2009 - 05:34 PM' timestamp='1259364890' post='2010393']
Not as much as it causes ME emotional pain. Now I need to go through Theophaustic Healing over this ... :weep:
[/quote]
You should try reiki. :mellow:

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='27 November 2009 - 04:37 PM' timestamp='1259365033' post='2010394']
You should try reiki. :mellow:
[/quote]

:rolleyes: oh my ... that's TOO new agey for me!

[quote name='MissyP89' date='25 November 2009 - 02:33 PM' timestamp='1259184791' post='2009404']
You mean this one? I think she's a little weird, but this shows she's at least capable of being a performer...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5bXUerX1MA[/media]
[/quote]

Wow ... I don't know what to say about this, except for ... wow.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='25 November 2009 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1259167581' post='2009250']

So you're the culprit! Meh. Who woulda guessed.

[/quote]
Keep your unfounded extrapolations to yourself :rolleyes:

TotusTuusMaria

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='21 November 2009 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1258825575' post='2006902']

In fact all of her music videos are incredibly perverse ("Just Dance" may be the only exception). Not to mention the lyrics to some of her songs.
[/quote]

Agreed. My brother is convinced that poker face is about oral sex or at least partly if not about her bisexual experiences (which she admitted in an interview the song being about). I listened to the lyrics, and I believe him.

JMJT

Sad day. I was with some family friends and their daughters are 15 and 11. We heard Lady on the radio and the little 11 yr old said, "Isn't she bi?" I was so sad. A little 11 yr old (whose parents are pretty solid Catholics) asking about something she heard I'm sure from the news or a friend. :ohno:

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' date='01 December 2009 - 09:57 AM' timestamp='1259679439' post='2012478']
Agreed. My brother is convinced that poker face is about oral sex or at least partly if not about her bisexual experiences (which she admitted in an interview the song being about). I listened to the lyrics, and I believe him.
[/quote]
Glad I'm not the only one who got that outta the song :saint:

The Bus Station

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='22 November 2009 - 01:50 AM' timestamp='1258872600' post='2007202']
1. The fire came from her breasts
2. She was half-naked
[/quote]

:shock:

This is the most explosive Phatmass post ever!